Appreciating Taehyung (V of BTS) Vocal Range

• i saw this lovely info graphic to show the full extent of taehyung’s range and thought i’d share, because it’s more thorough than most of these types of things usually are

D1429C23-BBE5-46CB-BF66-B01925BF7429.jpeg

and idk if the term is different in different countries but taehyung has true pitch (he can hear a note and immediately name it correctly and replicate it if it’s within his range)

he’s shown off this (very rare) skill several times throughout the years, even as young as when he was in high school

what a vocal icon!

tune in next week for: Jin Perfectly Singing Mariah Carey Notes Live

• forever in my mind rent free

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's called perfect pitch

And you can't learn this...

exactly! which is why it’s a rare skill. i’ve only ever met 2 people on real life with this ability so it makes me so proud to know taehyung is one of them!

if you’re interested, watch the video of them at the zoo shortly after debut. he offhandedly names all the notes that the different animals are making noises at and they’re all correct! he doesn’t get enough appreciation for this skill

• too uneducated about the subject to understand all this lmao. M sure it's impressive but this is tae we're talking about . Everything about him is impressive .

Just know that his unique voice gives me chills and that he can do amazing stuff with it , has incredible range, and excels at emotionally haunting songs :pepe-sad:

• Tae’s voice is literally so insane, even more so for a baritone. He’s hitting notes that most tenors (higher ranged voices then baritones) like me, could only dream of hitting, and with that much power and ease?! On top of how unique his vocal tone is? And the fact that he has perfect pitch?! The only idol I thought had it was Heeseung from Enhypen but I guess V was the original. Big hit really does find the most special talents.

:flying:

• Tae is so versatile vocally, he has had opera singers praise his vocals.

This is just him fooling around

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Korea's Grammy winning opera singer prasing Tae's vocals

• Official Post

watch the video of them at the zoo shortly after debut. he offhandedly names all the notes that the different animals are making noises at and they’re all correct! he doesn’t get enough appreciation for this skill

This part. :thumbup:

It's the part that proved to me how talented he really is. He has a unique skill. Some see only the visual in him and turn a blind eye on the uniqueness of his musical talent.

Thank you for this post. I'm happy to see someone sees more in him than his face.

• :eek::eek::eek::eek:

tumblr_inline_p08umsWZJ01umdj9t_1280.jpg

temp_95cf1291876fb90520c471a5a27840c0.jpg

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Talented king.

If you want to know the physics behind how Tae goes tenor when he's a baritone in full chest voice (and can briefly dip to bass range when necessary), you can train your vocal tract. Bighit actually has very good vocal coaches, you can noticeably hear an improvement in all their artist's tone and range over the years. There are vocal exercises you can do to extend your own tone and range if that's something you want to do. Tae (and Jungkook, actually but that's a discussion for a different thread) regularly extends his range, which is perfectly fine and healthy for a professional singer who's doing his work correctly. All of BTS sing with extraordinarily good production and technical skills, which again, is a testament to the talent and dedication of their vocal coaches. Hats off to Bighit, whoever you're paying for vocal coaching, don't stop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!