Kpop artists with disabilities

• In April, there will be a kpop group called Big O!cean debuting where all 3 members have a hearing disability.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1st gen kpop group CLON has a member who sits in a wheelchair because of a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from waist down.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I have heard that South Club's Nam Taehyun is deaf in one ear.

Not sure if he counts, but Kim Hongin, who was in the survival show BOYS24, has a hearing disability.

He didn't end up debuting in any group.

• IDK how much this counts but Mingi of ATEEZ has cronic backpain since he was born. A few years ago he was on hiatus cause of it for some months

Since birth? Wow well it's likely some type of spinal issue and once military time comes around he might end up like scoups and get a grade 5 disqualification as medically disabled and be exempt from all military service both active reserve and public service

• Since birth? Wow well it's likely some type of spinal issue and once military time comes around he might end up like scoups and get a grade 5 disqualification as medically disabled and be exempt from all military service both active reserve and public service

I think it was said he had it since he was little or since he was born, IDK 100% anymore what it exactly was, but when Mingi was on hiatus back than, he said he has this since he was little. Most of the time it won't be such a big deal for him since it apparently goes away after some seconds but he felt so shit back than, that he needed to take a break

He isn't the first one I saw who seems to have the same illness and had to take a break cause of that, but it is so weird to me if I see people who are having issues like this and still manage to get things done (I know of a Japanese boygroup member who also has this backpain issue and also took a hiatus for a while once, still that dude managed to get the black belt in karate and showed off on some shows how strong he can kick his foot and stuff)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I think it was said he had it since he was little or since he was born, IDK 100% anymore what it exactly was, but when Mingi was on hiatus back than, he said he has this since he was little. Most of the time it won't be such a big deal for him since it apparently goes away after some seconds but he felt so shit back than, that he needed to take a break

He isn't the first one I saw who seems to have the same illness and had to take a break cause of that, but it is so weird to me if I see people who are having issues like this and still manage to get things done (I know of a Japanese boygroup member who also has this backpain issue and also took a hiatus for a while once, still that dude managed to get the black belt in karate and showed off on some shows how strong he can kick his foot and stuff)

These are what people call invisible disabilities. People can assume you are healthy when you aren't. They do not understand what processes you go through to make things work or if you take enough medicine to drug a elephant Just to function properly. Both are not ideal situations and in a place like the military you need ideal circumstances, that's why people you'd think wouldn't get exemption get exemption because they cannot guarantee you will have the ideal conditions that let you operate normally nor have access to your medication

• Yk this is an interesting subject. The industry isnt kind on able-bodied people so I wonder about the struggles that disabled people face in it

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!