(KPop Trivia) Who is the first act who had a concert in every major venue in Seoul?

• If someone asks who is the greatest general in modern age (i.e. not ancient or medieval), most people will say Napoleon.

If someone says Wellington (or Blucher or Suvorov) the person is likely to be British (or German or Russian). A Korean will usually say Yi Sunshin.

If someone asks who is the greatest singer to come out from Korea, most of the world will say BTS, some Southeast Asian countries will say BlackPink, and only one country out of the 200 odd countries in the world will say IU.

Whyknock was disappointed to see so many celebs in IU's concert, and (other than KPop figures workin in Korea) none of them came from outside of Korea.

The following people came to see IU

(Regulars like Yoo Inna, Kim Soohyun, Lee Junki, etc are excluded. List not exhaustive)

First Day

New Jeans, concert guest

Yoo Jaesuk, Park Myungsoo, Yang Sechan

Second Day

Riize, concert guest

Tang Wei

Itzy's Yuna and Yeji

Kim Minseok, actor (there are a few Kim Minseoks and this one was the actor)

Kim Seonah, not the more famous one but a younger actress (who sometimes used the name Namkyung)

Gyubin

Cherry B

Third Day

Le Sserafim, concert guests

Lee Junyoung, actor

Secret Number's Minji

So Juyeon, actress

Oh Euisik, actor

Brown Eyed Girls' Jea

Jun Hyunmoo

Chuu

Ateez' Jongho,Yunho

Go Minsi, actress

some child actors who played with the 1,345 years old

Fourth Day

Park Bogum, concert guest

Rothy

Sean, probably Sean of Jinusean

Twice's Nayeon and Dahyun (it is said that Tzuyu and Jungyeon were there too, although not the J-Line. If they show up when the Senior Singer goes to Japan, Whyknock will be quite upset.)

Children of IU's bodyguard

Children who appeared in the Holssi music video

It is said that aespa's Winter was also there. Without the mess around her relationship, it is likely that Karina would have also appeared. Of course no mention of Kim Hyungseo, who remains defiant.

So the only important act standing firm against the Senior Singer seems to be IVE who had some other event on these days.

Which might be why KPop still remains stagnant because a nonKPopper wields so much influence.

====

The first act who would have had a concert both at the Olympic Stadium and the Soccer Stadium will not be a KPopper.

After the trottist Lim Youngwoong and then Seventeen, the 1,345 years old will be the first female to have a concert at the Soccer Stadium in Seoul, and also the very first singer who had concerts in both the Olympic Stadium and the Soccer Stadium.

Whyknock is having spasms after hearing that news.

That makes the Senior Singer the first singer to have gone thru all major venues of Seoul, except the Gochuck which was not there when she debuted (and she did have her Gayo Daejun perf there, making Onces wait for 4 hours in freeing cold because her practice took forever).

It seems reverence of the domesticist, except by Laboum, Suran, both of them no longer active, and Bibi, has reached a newer level.

That can only mean the regression of Kpop.

• She has also toured Korea and held concerts in other cities, not many kpop acts do that outside going to potato festivals and such.

• Just for completion sake I would've liked to see IU hold a concert at Gocheok Skydome, even though its capacity is not much bigger than the 360-degree set up she uses for KSPO dome (I think it's like 15k capacity vs 18k) but IU just really loves KSPO. I guess the acoustics are better and it's less finicky to book than Gocheok.

• Her future goals are to hold concerts in the one mentioned above and also

15,000-seater Mohegan Inspire Arena. (Icheon)

20,000-capacity CJ LiveCity Arena (Goyang City, Seoul)

Then after 2025

Expected to be complete in October 2025, Seoul Arena will reportedly include a concert venue boasting state-of-the-art sound equipment, with a seating capacity of around 19,000.

One moment, please...

One moment, please...

• Just for completion sake I would've liked to see IU hold a concert at Gocheok Skydome, even though its capacity is not much bigger than the 360-degree set up she uses for KSPO dome (I think it's like 15k capacity vs 18k) but IU just really loves KSPO. I guess the acoustics are better and it's less finicky to book than Gocheok.

I think she would rather do a stadium than go to Gochuck since she 'did' Gochuck at here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

SBS Gayo Daejun in 2017

The Gymnastics, aka KSPO Arena, is designed for KPop while the Gochuck and the stadiums are not designed for such which might be why the Senior singer prefers it there

• In reality it will be a miracle if it is completed by end of 2026

The plan was there in 2020, during the Covid crisis when nobody was using the stadium, but it took 3 years and half to actually start work on there

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!