Question to SEA fans..

• I don't think its really applicable to all group with SEA member, the only group that is huge/popular with SEA member here in our country is BP the rest doesn't even come close.

Edited once, last by shiki01 ().

• I don't think its really applicable to all group with asian member, the only group that is huge/popular with SEA member here in our country is BP the rest doesn't even come close.

While in mine, twice used to be known (not popular) but nowadays only BP and BTS only

• While in mine, twice used to be known (not popular) but nowadays only BP and BTS only

Actually twice was still pretty known just really under BTS and BP popularity but one thing I notice was they are really popular among guys. I'm really surprise that some of my students who don't really follow kpop are twice fanboys.

• Actually twice was still pretty known just really under BTS and BP popularity but one thing I notice was they are really popular among guys. I'm really surprise that some of my students who don't really follow kpop are twice fanboys.

Kinda similar to my country too. They are not really fanboys but they kinda know most of Twice's cute hits in the earlier days - cheer up, TT, knock knock, likey

• does kpop really that popular in sea as whole like western artists or only top kpop groups because in spotify or youtube are any other charts i only seen two or three groups domination only most of the time

• does kpop really that popular in sea as whole like western artists or only top kpop groups because in spotify or youtube are any other charts i only seen two or three groups domination only most of the time

Its pretty popular but still a not as mainstream as western artist. I think the only group that can be considered as almost mainstream is BP and BTS the rest is still pretty niche but compared to West, KPOP popularity in my country is definitely bigger.

Kpop in general are popular. But like what you said, it is dominated by the few popular groups - back then SNSD, BIGBANG, EXO, SUJU now BTS, BP, Twice

• Thai here. Lisa being Thai only helps Blackpink's Lisa's popularity in Thailand. If Lisa helps Blackpink become popular in other SEA countries, it's purely because of Lisa herself and almost nothing to do with her being Thai.

There's no sense of pan-SEA identity whatsoever. Indonesian people relate to Thais and Vietnamese as much Japanese people relate to Koreans (and arguably even less because Southeast Asian cultures are more different from one another than East Asian cultures.)

It's like saying Japanese people will support WayV because there's East Asian members in it, which we know that's absolutely not the case.

• SEA has a lot of ethnically Chinese people and they support Chinese idols. Singapore majority is Chinese. Malaysia and Indonesia have a lot of Chinese people too. It is not the only reason but it is definitely helping. There is a lot of support for Dita (secret number) from SEA fans.

I wouldn't say there's a lot of support for Dita from SEA fans. I'd say there's a lot of support from Indonesian fans.

I don't think Thai, Vietnamese, Filipinos, etc. would support Dita just because she's Indonesian. If they support her, it's because they like Dita herself as a person, not because she's from Indonesia. Same with Lisa and any other SEA idols. Their nationality helps them become popular in their own countries, but outside that, it's pretty much irrelevant.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!