Just like AAA and SMA, Golden Disc Award is also full with empty seat...

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

despite their solid lineup with multiple top group performing on the same night, the GDA also failed to filled up all the seats.

its time for all these award shows to just stay in Korea or Japan

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “Just like AAA and SMA, Golden Disc Award also is full with empty seat...” to “Just like AAA and SMA, Golden Disc Award is also full with empty seat...”.
  • Also, way too many awards show these days. I don't know what half of these award shows are anymore. I legit just watch performance clips on YouTube of any performances I am interested in watching.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• During 1st/2nd/3rd generation peak, Award Shows were held in university to arenas. The biggest venue was GSD that can fill 17-19k seats at best. Even MAMA only started to upgrade to dome on stadium level in 2019 going safe on Japan.

What made these award shows' producers think they could sell out stadiums in SEA scamming people to pay to see their faves for 7-9 minutes is hilarious.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Damn all these award shows are flopping

I think there is just too many end of the year events. They get good numbers on their youtube channels but the vast majority of people who are going to pay for tickets are not going to pay to go to every award show and end of the year concert.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• The problem in SEA, is that the average person needs to work a week or two to buy a cheap ticket. So just to see 5-10 minutes of the group that you stan isn't that appealing.

In more developed countries, the average person only needs to work a couple of hours to a day to get a cheap ticket.

• That being said, Golden Disc Awards was my favorite year-end (or early?) event this season. Great and well-thought performances, live vocals consistently, great camerawork and the awards were all given based on actual results.

We still haven't had the Circle or Hanteo Chart awards yet both of those should be more based on charting numbers in theory.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• True, but I doubt they will have better performances. Not because of the artists, but often these smaller award shows offer low budget stages full lf technical issues and shitty camerawork.

Honestly, KMA is the only really prestigious one. K-pop acts don't get invited to the KMA's that much though.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• That being said, Golden Disc Awards was my favorite year-end (or early?) event this season. Great and well-thought performances, live vocals consistently, great camerawork and the awards were all given based on actual results.

couldnt agree more. everything is perfect for me, from the lineup to the performances and camera work. GDA have been rocking it since last year

• KMA is a more intimate award show, It doesn't have space for grandious performances usually MAMA, MMA and GDA offer even If they were invited, so...

If you are into performances aren't festivals and gayos usually way better than award shows anyways.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Even if I was a fan of more than two of the GG's performing, I wouldn't go

Most Girl Groups get short end of the stick at these awards shows, usually getting one song, or two if their lucky, while even nugu boy groups seem to get much more stage time.

Wouldn't pay the asking price for a show where the majority of content I don't care about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!