the one (and only) thing i like about stray kids

• is that they stick to their brand and signature sound. loud noise music? yes, we will always serve that 🥵

like idk if i’ve grown out of it or whatever but now i just appreciate groups that have their own striking identity. blackpink for example gets dragged for recycling their old music and having similar large scale mv visuals but i think it’s powerful of them to know what works for them and put something along those lines every single time. Because if there’s one thing blackpink is known for it is NOT variety especially with their grand total of like idk 20 songs? Also with twice before that messy concept change of 2019. that was their brand, that sold. now they’re all over the place. putting out just abt any and everything. one second they’re doing retro the next it’s bubble gum pop like girls?? be fr

this isn’t coming out of nowhere lmao, i’ve been kind of like not that into txt for a few months now and that has a lot to do with their ever-changing new sound and direction. Actually im not a lot into kpop in general except for newjeans and occasionally le sserafim but i came across loser lover on yt just now and man,,,, THAT 2021 txt was so superior. the sound, the aesthetics, everything.. it was so perfect for a kpop group and especially for them in general. i just wish they’d adopted their emo sound.. none of that sugar rush ride or chasing that feeling or whatever will come after. bighit with their constant switch ups is infuriating. i get that they dabble into every sound but sometimes a bit of an identity is desperately needed. but this is what this entire industry is about. hopping from one trend to another, one moment your group is dressed up as Barbie’s sidekicks and the next they’re in a maze runner-esque movie (coughbtscough) a big factor to play here is also that it’s just such a manufactured industry there’s not much input from the artists (mostly). they just play along to whatever the company throws their way

• is that they stick to their brand and signature sound. loud noise music? yes, we will always serve that 🥵

like idk if i’ve grown out of it or whatever but now i just appreciate groups that have their own striking identity. blackpink for example gets dragged for recycling their old music and having similar large scale mv visuals but i think it’s powerful of them to know what works for them and put something along those lines every single time. Because if there’s one thing blackpink is known for it is NOT variety especially with their grand total of like idk 20 songs? Also with twice before that messy concept change of 2019. that was their brand, that sold. now they’re all over the place. putting out just abt any and everything. one second they’re doing retro the next it’s bubble gum pop like girls?? be fr

this isn’t coming out of nowhere lmao, i’ve been kind of like not that into txt for a few months now and that has a lot to do with their ever-changing new sound and direction. Actually im not a lot into kpop in general except for newjeans and occasionally le sserafim but i came across loser lover on yt just now and man,,,, THAT 2021 txt was so superior. the sound, the aesthetics, everything.. it was so perfect for a kpop group and especially for them in general. i just wish they’d adopted their emo sound.. none of that sugar rush ride or chasing that feeling or whatever will come after. bighit with their constant switch ups is infuriating. i get that they dabble into every sound but sometimes a bit of an identity is desperately needed. but this is what this entire industry is about. hopping from one trend to another, one moment your group is dressed up as Barbie’s sidekicks and the next they’re in a maze runner-esque movie (coughbtscough) a big factor to play here is also that it’s just such a manufactured industry there’s not much input from the artists (mostly). they just play along to whatever the company throws their way

All pop is manufactured, unless you're at Swift/Bey/Weeknd level, you are at the mercy of UMG, Sony, Warner.

But i definitely agree about TXT. Did you just find out about Loser Lover? That mix of Kpop and emo rock was chef's kiss, but the previous single Lovesong was even better and one of the best BG songs i've ever heard. I wish they had kept with their Kpop/rock fusion sound and gone even further back into 80s rock, i would have pledged my undying loyalty to them and even started a college fund for Soobin/Arin's kids :flower-cutie: .

• SKZ has established their artistic identity very well. And it is clearly working out for them, much to many kpop fans' horror ^^

When I saw that they pretty much called one of their albums "Noisy" I knew I had to stan lol. They make what they want and what they know their audience likes, which is of course what ultimately matters.

38bf99de07f69029b8d303b7838cf4d934ce700c.gifv              a824a0703f0c41f2b675f07de8c8bd39873a05e3.gifv              883024cf4ebc88c6ad23227ca5cf52b7bcfe6620.gifv

• All pop is manufactured, unless you're at Swift/Bey/Weeknd level, you are at the mercy of UMG, Sony, Warner.

But i definitely agree about TXT. Did you just find out about Loser Lover? That mix of Kpop and emo rock was chef's kiss, but the previous single Lovesong was even better and one of the best BG songs i've ever heard. I wish they had kept with their Kpop/rock fusion sound and gone even further back into 80s rock, i would have pledged my undying loyalty to them and even started a college fund for Soobin/Arin's kids :flower-cutie: .

lol no I’ve been into txt since run away. but with loser lover and lovesong i felt like they’d actually finally found their musical calling. now looking back it was such a useless and stupid decision to switch up and put out good boy gone bad… whatever amount of interest they’d garnered during 2021 definitely took a backseat. similar with blue hour. bighit can just never read the room. incapable idiots.

hahaha yes i know all about your lovesong obsession lol. i remember you rating it a nine out of ten or something lmao

• I agree their 2021 sound (Lovesong + L=L) fit them perfectly. Never understood why Bighit dropped it. It was their blockbuster and the era that pushed them to stardom, so It never made sense to me chasing another direction right after.

literally 🤡 these dramatic switch ups are just not doing it anymore. it’s annoying af. im honestly just so tired, i wish they’d just stick and have one identity and just say fuck it this is what we’re doing now. and if it ever comes to that, please just give me 2021 txt i will stan them forever. but right now? i’m writing them off 🫡

• I like how stray kids are constant with their noisy sound, but I don't favor loud music.

is that they stick to their brand and signature sound. loud noise music? yes, we will always serve that 🥵

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!