Non-big-4 ggs are worth to dive in

• There are plenty of non-big-4 projects which quality is not inferior, but often exceeds the grand wallets. The groups like KISS OF LIFE, Viviz, Pixy, Stayc, Limelight, tripleS are the ones that every big-4 CEO could dream about to have under their label. Some of them, like Stayc and Gidle are the part of mainstream, having a lot of fans in Korea and abroad.

There is nothing wrong for kpop newbie to enter the industry through BTS, BP or Twice. However, it's unwise to close your mind on a single big-4 entertainment or even worse - on a single big-4 group, ignoring such many musical gems from other entertainments that lie around you.

Don't be success stans. Views and streams can be bought, it's not a measure of group's quality. Develop your taste, trust your own perception, communicate with other kpoppies.

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Go to Best Answer
  • Stan CRAXY you all!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Stan CRAXY you all!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interesting fact: their composer Kevin_D is a former PIXY composer

• Woo!ah! is one of the greatest 4th gen groups <3 i just know this song would be a hit if released by a big4 gg :pepe-sad:

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• counterpoint

just because a person likes big4 groups doesn't mean they are success stans and just because one like a non-big4 group doesn't make one "special" either...

a person doesn't get bragging rights simply because they like nugu groups or non-big4 groups or "indie" artists - it's simply a difference of opinion and choice

a person likes a group for many different reason (some of which have nothing to do with the music) and therefore it's completely up to the individual how they want to consume kpop

• Woo!ah! is one of the greatest 4th gen groups <3 i just know this song would be a hit if released by a big4 gg :pepe-sad:

I like Catch The Stars

The funniest performace

agree kiss of life and XG released better music than most of the top 4th gen group this yeear

XG blew up my mind. The fresh, unusual concept, hard training, quality of videos, songs themselves, members' personalities... from the first listen I liked them.

KISS OF LIFE - I stanned from pre-debut era, because of Natty and HSS.

You have taste )))

• Best Answer

However, it's unwise to close your mind on a single big-4 entertainment or even worse - on a single big-4 group, ignoring such many musical gems from other entertainments that lie around you.

Completely agree on this one.

Although the more underlying problem is human's mob mentality. The need to align and/or be part of a large group of people.

It's comforting indeed to be welcomed by many people in a community. Human is a social creature after all. Experiencing something that are being hyped is also fun!

But, the thing that can goes wrong is when all of that comfort clouds your own personal judgement. Being a part of a large group makes someone had a feeling of power, supported, etc. The worst is it could lead to echo chamber.

Another thing is the feeling of superiority because of majority.

You might not noticed it that you have a certain preferential judgment/bias towards some artists. You may not know that you've closed your mind towards some.

Thus, sometimes you just need to sit and have an honest talk to yourself: "Do I really like X?"

"What are the things that makes me like X?"

"Is it really my opinion?"

"Was that really my thought"

If yes then that's good. If not then, now you know.

Once you realize, you can have a better experience on kpoping.

Also you might say: "why so serious about this? It's just kpop"

Well, that's true if you just casually listens.

But when you've formed and said many opinions, or arguing about kpop, whether it's the music, the artist, the industry, that means you've stepped out from more than just a "casuals".

And just like many things in life, being close minded isn't good.

Tldr: self reflect, then be freed!

Do not let yourself be fooled and trapped by others. It's your life and mind after all.

Stan artists that you really like.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!