Can any active girl group cover I Miss You by Mamamoo?

• I've been listening to this classic a lot today, and I started wondering if any groups could pull this off besides Mamamoo.

Now don't get me wrong. I know there are fantastic individual vocalists out there like Wendy. Which is why I add the restriction of one member per Mamamoo member's lines.

I'm sure plenty of groups could cover Moonbyul's rap, and maybe Solar and even Hwasa's lines. But Solar, Hwasa and Wheein's lines? I don't know...

Maybe NMIXX? They did an excellent job with Decalcomanie...but do they have three great vocalists?

The song for reference:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I forgot about Purple Kiss. Tragic. Ironically Mamamoo's juniors might be best equipped to handle this song.

aespa has Winter and Ningning to cover Wheein and Solar, but I don't know if Karina could handle Hwasa's lines

And yes! It's a top 3 Mamamoo song for me!

Purple Kiss is so overlooked but their vocals are amazing ;(;(

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What more can you expect from Mamamoo's children :holding-back-tears:

• Nice synchronicity. I was listening to a Red Velv song and was thinking about this too. They are the only ones who could hit each other’s songs live. No coincidence they are of the very few vocal-tier-lady groups in K-Pop.

• Does Big Mama count or is that cheating? :eyes::eyes: How about the newly soon to debut GG from JYPe 'Golden Girls'?

:iconpepe:

Besides some GGs mentioned by users, I think Apink members are good overall, and Eunji is such a master at these kind of songs. Alot people mentioned Wendy is the epitome of 'great' vocalist in KPOP (assuming just idols), but I think Eunji is not mentioned enough. I felt like its truly a shame because she is good if not better than Wendy. Maybe its because Apink isn't popular as Red Velvet.

I think the selling point is that, MMM debuted as a vocalist group and they have been putting through the test all their career. Pick any Immortal Songs episode. So they are GREAT at team work and harmony, other GGs can probably sing as well, but they would lack the harmony which MMM has. Additionally, majority of 4th gen and even 3rd gen, aren't quipped to sing songs that tested their vocal capabilities. Im not talking about clips or a small cover, but full length songs and performing it live to audience. They would lack those opportunity and experience.

So in short, yes some can probably sing I Miss You, but they won't be great in harmonizing which would make the song from good to 'Fucking Good'.

Plugging their live performance;

External Content www.youtube.com

Also one of my favorite from Eunji- she's just so good it's disgusting.

External Content www.youtube.com

---======--

• The vocal type dont match. No idol right now *base on who i knew is similar to Solar in Belting. The main factor on why I Miss You is pretty epic is because of Solar's heavy belt.

Wheein's vocals are insane during this song too. And don't forget that last note Hwasa hits; it's not to be underestimated.

Eunji is a phenomenal singer, and she could absolutely pull off any of Solar, Wheein or Hwasa's lines. The rest of APink is just nowhere near her level though, which is why I didn't think of them at all.

I'll admit that choosing I Miss You put the bar incredibly high. There aren't too many girl groups in history that could comfortably pull off that song at the same level as Mamamoo.

• They did an excellent job with Decalcomanie

No it was not good at all. I still have nightmares :boompepe:

That's how you cover Decalcomanie :

I'm sure plenty of groups could cover Moonbyul's rap

And also disagree, she is a really good rapper with an old school style. Most of kpop rapper only rap fast to hide their technical shortcomings ;judgingpepe:

If you really love something, you have to know how to let go.

tumblr_oln7qtTHZo1vkpbuyo2_540.gifv

• I thought they did decent enough :eyes:

Decal is a hard song to sing as well. I can't see any other 4th gen babies pulling it off other than Purple Kiss

• I can't see any other 4th gen babies pulling it off other than Purple Kiss

Like i said some weeks ago in other thread, Purple Kiss has the advantage of coming from the same company and having been trained on these songs so it's easier for them. I don't know if we can take them into account.

Besides, I suspect Mamamoo of having been their teacher for some members. I don't know if you noticed but Yuki the rapper from Purple Kiss has a style very close to that of Moonbyul :pepe-narrow-eyes:

If you really love something, you have to know how to let go.

tumblr_oln7qtTHZo1vkpbuyo2_540.gifv

• Like i said some weeks ago in other thread, Purple Kiss has the advantage of coming from the same company and having been trained on these songs so it's easier for them. I don't know if we can take them into account.

Besides, I suspect Mamamoo of having been their teacher for some members. I don't know if you noticed but Yuki the rapper from Purple Kiss has a style very close to that of Moonbyul :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Purple Kiss literally came to my city recently, and I couldn't go because I had C-19 :drinktears:

I'll have to listen to more of their songs. I have mostly ignored their discography which is why I completely forgot about how talented they are

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!