Is Karina the 4th gen idol with the biggest potential as an it girl ?

• despite my love for minji and karina, i think wonyoung and jennie have the it girl status because of their controversies too. people who love them, people who hate them, people who love to hate them. people who love to defend them. all still about them.

karina is too wholesome tbh, she never gets hate for anything. top dancer, top visual, no one ever comes for her vocals or rapping. always seems hardworking and humble. jennie and wonyoung have that aura of they know it’s all about them, and they use that

• despite my love for minji and karina, i think wonyoung and jennie have the it girl status because of their controversies too. people who love them, people who hate them, people who love to hate them. people who love to defend them. all still about them.

karina is too wholesome tbh, she never gets hate for anything. top dancer, top visual, no one ever comes for her vocals or rapping. always seems hardworking and humble. jennie and wonyoung have that aura of they know it’s all about them, and they use that

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bbr54rfii9mpibp5dfesoh94tyh8fzvgp2mt97wlc&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Minji says hello

If they were smart they'd push minji down everyone's throat smh, any other company would be ready to have her AD and CF everywhere in seoul or SK as a whole

i can see minji going through the same thing as jennie and wonyoung altho she's a chill person👀

• i can see minji going through the same thing as jennie and wonyoung altho she's a chill person👀

i think she’s sassy enough, but honestly all that jennie and wonyoung have endured in terms of hate i wouldn’t wish on anyone. if she wants that it girl level i hope she’s prepared 🥲. though new jeans does already have crazy haters and defenders

• oh please, is Wony and utill new gen start, it will be wony, people are just delulu...just like 3th gen was jennie and surprise surprise is still jennie...people are just salty about it because is not their fav

• Isn't wonyoung already the it girl?

Karina is one of the most popular idols, that's for sure.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IT girl is a korean concept that only really works for korea, as there's no korean celebrity that can dominate any market overseas to the extent that they would be considered an IT girl in any other country

As such, using instagram thats a global social media as an indicator of it says little, else Lisa would basically be untouchable, but none in korea would ever call her an it girl

The usual factors for being considered an "IT girl" have usually been cfs, media coverage, influence, having a soju contract, popularity etc. Going by that none from the 4th gen is anywhere close to wonyoung's current status.

Then again the IT girl title used to be a transient thing that was passed on to the next girl after 1-2 years or so. This is a problem today if one considers the title to be "the it girl" and not "an it girl", when IU exists who towers above all celebrities in every factor mentioned above and has done so for basically a decade at this point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!