I don't understand this deal between EXO and SM

• IMG_1791.png

It is very much real, I honestly don't blame people for not understanding wth is going on because wtf :skull:

I have two takes

One giving sm the benefit of a doubt that they absolutely under no certain circumstances deserve: they want to avoid an Apink/Naeun situation

And then considering the real SM: control and intimidation

It's hard for normal idols to do well with their own companies, it's even harder for SM idols to do so with the stringent control the company has over them. They'll be less likely to know what they're doing, who to hire, and only themselves to advocate for when it's time for an EXO comeback in 2045. Not saying SM idols are dumb or incompetent but based off a lot of what SNSD have said.

The idea is to put that clause in, the artists fails and sends a message to sm artists still under contract to toe the line

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICAMEOVVMOO DENGNEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• This is what I thought reading the other topic.

look what happened to Jessica. She basically "disappeared" in South Korea. Although when she released a single a few years ago she still went to a music show, didn't she? Can't remember now.

No. She's never been to a music show and I don't think she ever will.

And yes, the Exo contract details have given me insight about what happened to older SM idols.

I see what you mean but then I remember Sooyoung released song, although it was nothing much, just cute ballad but it was MUSIC

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just don't understand relationship between exo and sm, it is so complicated

About Sooyoung, I think it's very obvious that she can't promote the few songs she's recorded ever since she went solo. She doesn't even sing them at her fan meeting tours which means she can't use them to make money. Also, she did not sign to or make the music with a music label so it explains it all to me.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She didn't go to music show, but she was kicked out of SM. It is not like she sued them forst, they kicked her out. They had real beef lol

although I think in her case, just like with JYJ, it is mostly beef with LSM. SM sent Jaejoong flowers and congratulated him on his new agency the moment lsm left lmao

The LSM thing makes sense because unlike other members, Jessica never said anything about LSM after getting kicked 😳 I never understood why.

I bet he remembered her when he got kicked out with the help of his nephew.

• I feel like Naeun situation is different, she signed with YG but then her contract regarding Apink was lax.

I definitely think it is all about control but this is some extreme extent. Never heard for case like this.

Celebrities leave their agencies all the time and most of them move to new agency of their choosing, agency which will support their new endeavors better. Only few of them start their owm company.

I just don't understand why exo members MUST start their own agency to leave SM for their solo careers, I don't understand the logic. They will leave anyway lmao

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

• It’s literally called SOOSOO agency what are you on about? “Owning” is a weird word here I think the clause is they can’t join established agencies. SOOSOO is brand new so Kyungsoo’s clause is exactly the same as everyone else’s.

SM said themselves their contract with D.O. is expiring whether he owns his company or not his contract is different than all the other members, because he literally doesn't have a contract with SM anymore (unlike all the others who renewed).

All the articles I've seen on the kweb say he's signed to Nam Kyungsoo's new agency. It's could just as easily being called SooSoo because it's by Soo for Soo. Either way, it doesn't matter because his agency has nothing to do with SM or his former contract with them.

• SM said themselves their contract with D.O. is expiring whether he owns his company or not his contract is different than all the other members, because he literally doesn't have a contract with SM anymore (unlike all the others who renewed).

All the articles I've seen on the kweb say he's signed to Nam Kyungsoo's new agency. It's could just as easily being called SooSoo because it's by Soo for Soo. Either way, it doesn't matter because his agency has nothing to do with SM or his former contract with them.

Whatever is the case I don't understand why they have to make their own agency to leave SM. I don't understand the logic, thought process.

• It's SM🤷🏾‍♀️

They've been pushing the boundaries on control since their founding.

I think more people would stay with an agency they were unhappy with than start over and be forced to do everything themselves tbh

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICAMEOVVMOO DENGNEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• SM said themselves their contract with D.O. is expiring whether he owns his company or not his contract is different than all the other members, because he literally doesn't have a contract with SM anymore (unlike all the others who renewed).

That’s separate issue. And also if he’s continuing on as exo he definitely has a separate contract for that with SM for that as well that’s common sense. So either way comes down to the non compete. And I think everyone including Kyungsoo has the non compete clause.

• That’s separate issue. And also if he’s continuing on as exo he definitely has a separate contract for that with SM for that as well that’s common sense. So either way comes down to the non compete. And I think everyone including Kyungsoo has the non compete clause.

EXO should have been nugus, look at us suffering from success :skull:

• A better company means competition with SM (coz the idols make SM what it is) while individual companies don't mean sh*t as they are easy to covk block, sabotage and destroy.

I'm learning that this is how SM and other Kpop labels keep the idols they've made from growing and competing with those still in the company. SM can't give them a chance to leave and become huge competitors or make huge money for another label when SM made them what they are.

This is what I wanted to say, another company means competition and their own product will be competing with them.

• That’s separate issue. And also if he’s continuing on as exo he definitely has a separate contract for that with SM for that as well that’s common sense. So either way comes down to the non compete. And I think everyone including Kyungsoo has the non compete clause.

I hope you're right, but so many people are saying it's the same as SNSD. But then again, SM never said that they were "managing their SNSD activities" after the various SNSD members left; so I feel like you're right and there's a reason they made a note of that in Ksoo's case.

• My head hurts, SM is such a mess. This conversation doesn't feel real.

Yeah, me too.

I feel like stanning an SM idol = suffering from SM bs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!