Do you think SM will stop Aespa from growing bigger or will they finally let their groups to meet their true potential now after Lee Soo Man is gone?

• what???? LSM was the best thing for SM!!!

I think, overall, for other groups some points improved while for exo I don't feel like anything changed.

I see that most sm idols are getting better MVs (except exo imo, CS was a dollar and a dream), but seems like album distribution is slower than ever. They also let their idols sing live more often which improved theor stage presence and fans intrest in stages, on the other hand they still overwork their idols while some are sitting jobless. They still delay MVs but less than before, social media content overall is definitely better than before...

So yes in general some things did improve, some didn't. It is more or less the same imo.

I think next year we will see more differences.

• And at the same time, I'm worried about Baekhyun's future music wise.

Hmm I think there is no need to worry about exo music or exo members solo music. For a very long time they had a lot of say about their music, in sense they could pick somgs they like and especially for their solo careers.

So music wise with their taste and talents exo is always safe.

What should worry us is promotions and album distributions. If Baekhyun is still with SM I worry what they will pull during his comeback.

• Very true...

So, how many solo gigs does Twice have compared to BP?

Solo careers = individual longevity and with time group longevity too as proved by Snsd.

I think lack of solo gigs for years in the end worked well for Twice members?

I feel like every other week twice member is announced as new brand ambassador and they chose extremely high fashion houses. Ambassadorships Sana has are insane.

But I also think that compared to snsd for example where we could clearly see that all members have ambitions, I don't see the same energy from Twice? I am not even sure who in twice would debut as actress? If anyone is even interested. But I could see vocal focused members debuting solo and few members being MCs, idk about the rest.

• so in your opinion undecided for now

• The ultimate difference is 9 million CDs that TWICE has above BP and TWICE still has Sponsors, a massive amount of merchandise which is renewed and naturally Tours.

BP's solos and side jobs don't earn much, the bulk of their money is made through touring as a group

I'm not talking about earnings or the amount the group's sold

I'm talking about individuals and Indvidual members and their deals

also I'm not talking about which group is better - that's a subjective decision - personally I like both twice and BP

I'm only focused on solo activities as it relates to the members of twice...

I think both you and I can agree that more solo activities the better right? for the members themselves just look at all the activities the twice members have individually this year and last?

now tell me the amount of activities they had in years 1-6?

again it's not just amount earning but rather the opportunities from them since like I said GG do not renew with the same company they started with - that's throughout the entire history of kpop from the 1st gen to today and if the group isn't going to all renew - guess what as an individual members you gotta start looking out for no.1 ie. yourself...

and that means solo activities

• so like I said to sonemariam

it's wait and see

cheers mate

• It’s hilarious how people always say JYP is scared of another Suzy mess.

While during their debut, Tzuyu was massive and pushed everywhere, nayeon and sana were extremely popular but as soon as the scandal happened, JYP noticed there’s no point to push them individually and just pushed the ot9 narrative, onces didn’t care about individual popularity until BP proved you could be relevant in a group or individually.

Jyp is scared of it thats why they will never push a solo career as much as they did with suzy, but jyp was in a tragic state during twice debut and in need of money really bad so they tried everything and thats why they couldn't refuse all they money tzuyu brand deals were offering, once twice got big on korea with cheer up and big on japan with tt they knew they can reject all their solo offers.

• The ultimate difference is 9 million CDs that TWICE has above BP and TWICE still has Sponsors, a massive amount of merchandise which is renewed and naturally Tours.

BP's solos and side jobs don't earn much, the bulk of their money is made through touring as a group

Till this day blinks are convinced lisa makes 1 million dollar per instagram post...

• Hmm I think there is no need to worry about exo music or exo members solo music. For a very long time they had a lot of say about their music, in sense they could pick somgs they liked especially for their solo careers.

So music with their taste and talents exo is always safe.

What should worry us is promotions and album distributions. If Baekhyun is still with SM I worry what they will pull during his comeback.

True

I was talking about him saying he made his label and SM denied knowing about it and claimed he was making new music with them. It came off uncoordinated and showed that there might be issues...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think lack of solo gigs for years in the end worked well for Twice members?

I feel like every other week twice member is announced as new brand ambassador and they chose extremely high fashion houses. Ambassadorships Sana has are insane.

But I also think that compared to snsd for example where we could clearly see that all members have ambitions, I don't see the same energy from Twice? I am not even sure who in twice would debut as actress? If anyone is even interested. But I could see vocal focused members debuting solo and few members being MCs, idk about the rest.

In terms of group promotions, yes, not going solo early has done Twice so good because they don't get to have schedule issues where members sometimes miss group promotions like it was in Snsd but individually, every idol needs that solo time and money and individual growth away from the group. It's like professional private space. Snsd did a lot of solo work especially in modeling since they were rookies, so after 7 years when solos seriously started, 7 out of 8 were already big in their own passions, even for those who left SM, it was much easier to promote solo. Tiffany did a lot of solo work as a free agent for almost 7 years in Asia, not sharing her money with any label. Look at Jessica, her early solo push is what gave her the momentum she's had all these years, she just had to build on it. That is what Twice are just getting into.

I don't think it's bad for Twice but it's very good for an idol to have an identify out of her group if she wants it. Snsd members were already known vocalists and actresses long before they were officially soloists. It gave them direction and kept them relevant. Look at Taeyeon, her position is not easy to achieve unless one started early as a respected OST singer and vocalist. And then their solo success kept the Snsd name relevant for a long time and made their 15th anniversary comeback successful.

I'm sure that Twice will get there too.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!