The best/only leverage YGE has in Blackpink negotiations vs. huge international companies is the BP brand

• How can you have s copyright on someone's given name :facepalm: If that's the case mo Lisa BP would work okay.

Negotiate as in, renewing or leaving?

I've also heard that YG has copyright for the girls' names, especially Lisa's Lalisa, Manoban etc. That's why it takes so long time to negotiate.

As far as I know, the trademarks on Lisa's name are specifically for fashion

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• We are talking about ONE song in seven years. Not 5, ONE. I'm sad for blinks but if i were her I'd sign contract with someone else, someone who will give me opportunity to showcase myself as an artist. There's no excuses for giving jenny only one song. Again, ONE!

Just add X solo songs/albums in X years into the contract. It's very common for music contracts. Jennie signed the original contract to be a member of BP, not a soloist.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• As far as I know, the trademarks on Lisa's name are specifically for fashion

I don't understand, is that mean she need to work under different name for her modelling and cfs gigs if she didn't renew? If yes, that's so evil. Bp main income all this time are coming from their cfs and brand deals.

• I don't understand, is that mean she need to work under different name for her modelling and cfs gigs if she didn't renew? If yes, that's so evil. Bp main income all this time are coming from their cfs and brand deals.

YG has trademarked stage names before but from what I understand, they normally give them back once their contract expires. GD and Taeyangs names were both copyrighted.

Lisa's names were marked under fashion brand related purposes, so if Lisa wanted to start a clothing brand, it couldn't be called "Lisa" "Lalisa" or "Manobal" without YG's permission or paying them a fee. She can still promote under her name just fine and even for fashion, I don't think it would be a hard case for her win it back as, while Lalisa isn't her given name by birth, she still walked into YG with that name, they didn't create it

I assume it was trademarked in the first place because most of her merch has her name on it, iirc it was trademarked around "Lalisa" era

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2022%2F09%2Fblackpink-born-pink-world-tour-announcement-dates-tickets-0.jpg?w=960&cbr=1&q=90&fit=max

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• In twice, literally none of them had solos in their first contract lol. I think second contract will give her more solos, or maybe I'm being too positive

Getting more solos into the contract should be easy for them. It's one of the simplest things for YGE to offer.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• I don't think the girls care anymore, if this tour and comeback promotion has proved anything is that BP are extremely out of sync in everyway. What is even the point of staying in the group if they will give low performances every 2-3 years?

Just remember that Lisa did do well all the time. She can't help it that some of the others don't bother

• Jennie had one properly promoted single, but multiple songs. I don't think all the BTS members had a promoted single before resigning, but all the BP members did.

Multiple songs? I admit i don't know every single bp song but i only know solo. And i know that rose, lisa and jisoo got two solo songs. Obviously the members getting solos wasn't forbidden. But the number of songs is beyond embarrassing.

Bts didn't promote them because they weren't solos, they were solo songs on bts albums. Like rose's hard to love on the latest bp album. All the members should have gotten solos on bp albums.

Bts have promoted their official debuts that started last year

BP only has 30ish songs in total in seven years, i don't know why would i expect them getting proper EP's

Anyways, i hope the girls get good contacts from whoever they choose to sign

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!