Should Dreamcatcher be cancelled for supporting Harry Potter and therefore JKR?

• The members of Dreamcatcher apparently say they support LGBT people and causes, especially Yoohyeon and Siyeon but here they are happily frolicking at the Harry Potter themed section of Universal Studios in Florida. So not only are they showing support for a know transphobe JK Rowling by showing interest in Harry Potter, they are doing so in Florida, a state run by a very anti LGBT governor!

Should Dreamcatcher now be cancelled for being hypocrites?!?

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• First of all it's LGB, not LGBT.

Second of all, neither JKR nor DeSantis are transphobes. JKR simply believes that women fought for generations to have sex segregated spaces for a reason and DeSantis believes that minors shouldn't be sterilised nor be medically experimented on.

One of those opinions is what we used to call feminism and the other is what we used to call child safeguarding and being against gay conversion therapy but go off, I guess.

• First of all it's LGB, not LGBT.

Second of all, neither JKR nor DeSantis are transphobes. JKR simply believes that women fought for generations to have sex segregated spaces for a reason and DeSantis believes that minors shouldn't be sterilised nor be medically experimented on.

One of those opinions is what we used to call feminism and the other is what we used to call child safeguarding and being against gay conversion therapy but go off, I guess.

HOLY SHIT I CAUGHT A LIVE ONE HERE!

• Just noticed the spoiler too lol. Oh well, if any annoying woke person comes across my reply: you're welcome. I usually charge for that kind of based gay education. 😘

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• I actually have to defend JKR. She was RAPED, RAPED BY A MAN AND SHE SIMPLY SAID THAT SHE DOESNT WANT TRANS WOMEN IN THE TOILET STALLS. Trans people should respect that. Imagine some random dude that likes taking pics of naked women saying he's trans and changing his gender just to do something like that.

Can you even imagine having to fear public toilets? Can you imagine being raped and people don't respect it?

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• I actually have to defend JKR. She was RAPED, RAPED BY A MAN AND SHE SIMPLY SAID THAT SHE DOESNT WANT TRANS WOMEN IN THE TOILET STALLS. Trans people should respect that. Imagine some random dude that likes taking pics of naked women saying he's trans and changing his gender just to do something like that.

Can you even imagine having to fear public toilets? Can you imagine being raped and people don't respect it?

Preach.

• Urgh I’m disgusted by the discourse in this thread I can’t even

I actually have to defend JKR. She was RAPED, RAPED BY A MAN AND SHE SIMPLY SAID THAT SHE DOESNT WANT TRANS WOMEN IN THE TOILET STALLS. Trans people should respect that. Imagine some random dude that likes taking pics of naked women saying he's trans and changing his gender just to do something like that.

You’re horrifically misguided in an attempt to offer platitudes to the wrong demographic. What you should be advocating for after learning of some women’s experience similar to jkr’s is the installation of a third bathroom wherein trans people can also feel comfortable without offending anyone, NOT the denial of trans people’s rights to exist, which is what your post imply (and what that other user you’re agreeing with in this thread is saying) and the hill jkr has been dying on, hence the backlash. It’s a terrible take that hopefully you outgrow soon, considering your young age

Edited once, last by whips ().

• Uh I’m disgusted by the discourse in this thread I can’t even

You’re horrifically misguided in an attempt to offer platitudes to the wrong demographic. What you should be advocating for after learning of some women’s experience similar to jkr’s is the installation of a third bathroom wherein trans people can also feel comfortable without offending anyone, NOT the denial of trans people’s rights to exist, which is what your post imply and the hill jkr has been been dying on. This is a terrible take that i hope you outgrow soon, considering your young age

A third bathroom/changing room seems to be a good compromise for all. In your opinion is this what’s preferred in the community?

• Uh I’m disgusted by the discourse in this thread I can’t even

You’re horrifically misguided in an attempt to offer platitudes to the wrong demographic. What you should be advocating for after learning of some women’s experience similar to jkr’s is the installation of a third bathroom wherein trans people can also feel comfortable without offending anyone, NOT the denial of trans people’s rights to exist, which is what your post imply and the hill jkr has been been dying on. This is a terrible take that i hope you outgrow soon, considering your young age

Yes because your dramatic "denial of trans people's rights to exist" is very mature and measured.

Nobody's denying trans people's rights to exist. They make up less than 1% of the population and therefore don't require a third bathroom (nor do they want one btw, because it doesn't affirm their gender according to most of them). What they should do instead is simply adhere to the use of the bathroom which corresponds with their sex like everyone else.

Be trans all you want, I don't care, but public bathrooms should be separated by sex and sex only. This whole "but we're not safe" is ridiculous. A feminine gay man is no less "at risk" in a men's bathroom than a trans woman and I have never once seen a single one of either group be attacked in one. Sure it happens but enough to justify these dumb demands? No.

Besides, how come it's always women's responsibility to deal with men's problems? It's mostly female bathrooms that are being changed to be "gender inclusive".

It's misogynistic af, it paints men as animals who can't control themselves in a bathroom and I will not be gaslit by this "you're taking their right to exist away" crap. They exist. They have the same rights as everybody else, as they should. They don't need special privileges.

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

Edited once, last by viino ().

• Urgh I’m disgusted by the discourse in this thread I can’t even

You’re horrifically misguided in an attempt to offer platitudes to the wrong demographic. What you should be advocating for after learning of some women’s experience similar to jkr’s is the installation of a third bathroom wherein trans people can also feel comfortable without offending anyone, NOT the denial of trans people’s rights to exist, which is what your post imply (and what that other user you’re agreeing with in this thread is saying) and the hill jkr has been been dying on. This is a terrible take that i hope you outgrow soon, considering your young age

I've never said that trans peoples rights don't exist. Ofc there should be a third bathroom for trans people, that's actually a great Idea I haven't thought of. It's actually the only solution for this problem.

However I can understand JKR for not wanting trans women to go to women's public toilets and if I was in her situation I would 100% have the same opinion (not that trans peoples rights don't exist or something like that, but I would feel uncomfortable with the toilet thing).

Both trans people's rights and women's rights should be heard and accepted, not only trans people's.

Maybe you just misunderstood what I was implying.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• A third bathroom/changing room seems to be a good compromise for all. In your opinion is this what’s preferred in the community?

I don’t think there’ll ever be a satisfying solution to this problem, bc even if it wasn’t the intention, in a sense installing more restrooms would mean still segregating trans people into their own secluded section, and forcing them to publicly announce what they might not want to disclose. It’s a complicated topic for sure

• I have Diabetes type 1, 8.7 million people around the world live with it. Where are my diabetes supplies in bathrroms? Nobody cares abt Diabetes, most people don't even know what it is.

Having Diabetes is deadly.

5,6 percent of the world population have diabetes type one. 5,1 percent of the world population identify as trans or nonbinary. make it make sense please

• I don’t think there’ll ever be a satisfying solution to this problem, bc even if it wasn’t the intention, in a sense installing more restrooms would mean still segregating trans people into their own secluded section, and forcing them to publicly announce what they might not want to disclose. It’s a complicated topic for sure

Not to mention, a third bathroom for trans people doesn't take into account the full breadth of trans identities or body types.

An interesting question I've never seen people answer well is what bathroom should the person in the green top use?

13082154_10156830808955384_1686583399_n.jpg

• I don’t think there’ll ever be a satisfying solution to this problem, bc even if it wasn’t the intention, in a sense installing more restrooms would mean still segregating trans people into their own secluded section, and forcing them to publicly announce what they might not want to disclose. It’s a complicated topic for sure

It's not complicated if you know what men and women are like every trans friend I've ever had does because they're not delusional egomaniacs.

I have Diabetes type 1, 8.7 million people around the world live with it. Where are my diabetes supplies in bathrroms? Nobody cares abt Diabetes, most people don't even know what it is.

5,6 percent of the world population have diabetes type one. 5,1 percent of the world population identify as trans or nonbinary. make it make sense please

I've even seen people go off on disabled people online for rejecting the idea that trans people should use disabled toilets cas so often disabled people have to wait too long to be able to use one.

But hey, if you don't give away women's rights, disabled rights, children's rights and LGB rights to trans people you're a bigot so... There's that. 🙄

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• Not to mention, a third bathroom for trans people doesn't take into account the full breadth of trans identities or body types.

An interesting question I've never seen people answer well is what bathroom should the person in the green top use?

13082154_10156830808955384_1686583399_n.jpg

The bathroom of their sex. Even if that person is female. Passing is irrelevant. Being post-op is irrelevant. You're welcome.

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• I have Diabetes type 1, 8.7 million people around the world live with it. Where are my diabetes supplies in bathrroms? Nobody cares abt Diabetes, most people don't even know what it is.

Never heard this take. What supplies would diabetics need in bathrooms? Beyond sharps bins, which are very, very common in my country.

• Sorry to break it to everyone here, but People with chronical diseases definetly need more attention for their problems than trans people. As a trans person, you can simply say "okay, i may feel not as included as others but I can still live happy and healthy" but if you are SICK, YOU LITERALLY ARE SICK, YOU CANNOT DO THAT. You just have to accept your illness and listen to people's stupid comments abt your illness.

• Sorry to break it to everyone here, but People with chronical diseases definetly need more attention for their problems than trans people. As a trans person, you can simply say "okay, i may feel not as included as others but I can still live happy and healthy" but if you are SICK, YOU LITERALLY ARE SICK, YOU CANNOT DO THAT. You just have to accept your illness and listen to people's stupid comments abt your illness.

Depends if you count mental health as “healthy”. Trans persons have significantly WAY worse mental health and increased risk of su*cide than the general population.

In most OECD countries diabetes and obesity related disease are dominating risks to public health and are handled accordingly

But if it’s not properly acknowledge in your country that’s ofc not good

• So you think other women would feel comfortable with this person in their bathrooms?

Not necessarily all of them, no, but that's not the point. The point is that most violent sexual crime is committed by males. Not trans men. Not people who identify as men. Men. Males. Therefore, no male belongs in a woman's bathroom.

Don't get me started on the rate of violent sexual crime committed by trans women either cas that's WAY higher than just males.

A trans man is very unlikely to do anything other than cause confusion or make women uncomfortable in there. There's a huge difference between that and sexually attacking someone.

Also, most trans people do not pass. Like, at all. And especially not to women. Women are biologically far better at identifying sex than men are and this has been proven scientifically.

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• There’s an argument to be had about the resources and logistics of installing more restrooms, but the rest of your rant is pretty blah. So trans people shouldn’t have the rights to feel comfortable in a restroom like everyone else does just bc they’re vastly outnumbered? You do know how much women would hate not having a safe space if they had to share the restroom with men, but for trans people, especially trans women, who would feel that discomfort notched up to the eleven, well too bad for them, gotta suck it up bud, yada yada? That’s vile tbh. It’s not about the actual number of crimes that have happened, it’s about providing a mentally safe space. And you’re ironically very much giving “Why do women complain so much? Life is pretty rosy where i’m looking down from as a man. Not sure what’s there to yap about” rn; if you’re not in their shoes you have no idea what they experience, so maybe stfu and stop telling people to grow a pair?

Also, the restroom debate is only one small portion of the whole trans rights issue that jkr has participated in, and she’s very much expressed disdain for trans people to exist altogether. Not in such blunt words, of course, but it’s clear where she stands. Just recently, she liked a tweet saying sth like “at least the Taliban can tell genders”. So if you defend her on trans issues, you’re kinda telling on your ideology there.

I didn’t say women have to accommodate trans people at their own expense. The point is there should be other ways to work around things without outright condemning a faction and refusing them their rights

• Depends if you count mental health as “healthy”. Trans persons have significantly WAY worse mental health and increased risk of su*cide than the general population.

In most OECD countries diabetes and obesity related disease are dominating risks to public health and are handled accordingly

But if it’s not properly acknowledge in your country that’s ofc not good

Diabetes is not obesity related. Please educate yourself properly before you state an opinion. Diabetes type 1 can occur in any circumstance, and it is not curable, and very deadly if not treated. Diabetes Type 2 occurs when you follow an unhealthy lifestyle, and most obese people get it because they don't follow a nourishing diet and have poor eating habits. Also, if you eat more healthy and lose weight, you can cure it. However, its also more common, so people think that it's the only diabetes.

And please don't tell me that people with an uncurable disease that makes them have for example low-sugar-attacks at midnight, where they can't even get up because their head is so dizzy, their legs shake so much, they are so weak they can't even talk, don't have mental health problems. Imagine having to go through all that and having things like anxiety, panik attacks etc.

• There’s an argument to be had about the resources and logistics of installing more restrooms, but the rest of your rant is pretty blah. So trans people shouldn’t have the rights to feel comfortable in a restroom like everyone else does just bc they’re vastly outnumbered? You do know how much women would hate not having a safe space if they had to share the restroom with men, but for trans people, especially trans women, who would feel that discomfort notched up to the eleven, well too bad for them, gotta suck it up bud, yada yada? That’s vile tbh. It’s not about the actual number of crimes that have happened, it’s about providing a mentally safe space. And you’re ironically very much giving “Why do women complain so much? Life is pretty rosy where i’m looking down from as a man. Not sure what’s there to yap about” rn; if you’re not in their those you have no idea what they experience, so maybe stfu and stop telling people to grow a pair?

Also, the restroom debate is only one small portion of the whole trans rights issue that jkr has participated in, and she’s very much expressed disdain for trans people to exist altogether. Not in such blunt words, of course, but it’s clear where she stands. Just recently, she liked a tweet saying sth like “at least the Taliban can tell genders”. So if you defend her on trans issues, you’re kinda telling on your ideology there.

My ideology?! 😂 You mean the reality of the sexes? Oh, okay.

And how am I asking why women complain so much? I'm literally defending women's rights. Do you mean trans women AKA men who identify as women?

And stop. Everyone is uncomfortable in public bathrooms. I'm gay. I'm uncomfortable in men's bathrooms all the time. Unless I'm in a gay club, they're usually full of straight men doing their straight man things. As they should. Should I demand a separate gay bathroom? Should I go into the women's? Oh no, of course not, I have to put on a dress and call myself Belinda and then you'll feel sorry for me right?

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• Diabetes is not obesity related. Please educate yourself properly before you state an opinion. Diabetes type 1 can occur in any circumstance, and it is not curable, and very deadly if not treated. Diabetes Type 2 occurs when you follow an unhealthy lifestyle, and most obese people get it because they don't follow a nourishing diet and have poor eating habits. Also, if you eat more healthy and lose weight, you can sure it.

And please don't tell me that people with an uncurable disease that makes them have for example low-sugar-attacks at midnight, where they can't even get up because their head is so dizzy, their legs shake so much, they are so weak they can't even talk, don't have mental health problems. Imagine having to go through all that and having things like anxiety, panik attacks etc.

I’m aware that not all diabetes are related to obesity but over weight will increase the risk of diabetes.

I work in public health so I have some education on the topic yes

And nobody said you don’t suffer mentally if being ill in diabetes. There’s no competition everybody who suffer in different ways deserve to be heard

i think this is starting to muddle the waters a little too far. Remember, we’re talking about restrooms, aka a place initially designed just so that humans can dispose of their waste in private and comfort lol, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not a clinic or first aid emergency room, so demanding fancy medical aids of any illness is pretty out of place and doesn’t really have much weight in this conversation. Diabetes isn’t the only potentially lethal illness, so should medical stocks for all other ills be supplied too? Not to mention it’s highly questionable that a typical bathroom meets the sanitary conditions required for such tasks lol.

Edited 3 times, last by whips ().

• My ideology?! 😂 You mean the reality of the sexes? Oh, okay.

And how am I asking why women complain so much? I'm literally defending women's rights. Do you mean trans women AKA men who identify as women?

And stop. Everyone is uncomfortable in public bathrooms. I'm gay. I'm uncomfortable in men's bathrooms all the time. Unless I'm in a gay club, they're usually full of straight men doing their straight man things. As they should. Should I demand a separate gay bathroom? Should I go into the women's? Oh no, of course not, I have to put on a dress and call myself Belinda and then you'll feel sorry for me right?

sorry but this was so funny i was laughing for one minute straight and now all my muscles hurt

• i think this is starting to muddle the waters a little too far. Remember, we’re talking about restrooms, aka a place initially designed just so that humans can dispose their waste in private and comfort lol, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not a clinic or first aid emergency room, so demanding fancy medical aids of all illnesses is pretty out of place and doesn’t really have much weight in this conversation. Diabetes isn’t the only potentially lethal illness, so should medical stocks for all other ills be supplied too? Not to mention it’s highly questionable that a bathroom meets the sanitary conditions required for such tasks lol.

I just mean, why all that talk about inclusion when there is so much bigger problems? There are people dying bc of illnesses or hunger or war and all we do is talking abt if trans people should have their own bathrooms?

• i think this is starting to muddle the waters a little too far. Remember, we’re talking about restrooms, aka a place initially designed just so that humans can dispose their waste in private and comfort lol, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not a clinic or first aid emergency room, so demanding fancy medical aids of all illnesses is pretty out of place and doesn’t really have much weight in this conversation. Diabetes isn’t the only potentially lethal illness, so should medical stocks for all other ills be supplied too? Not to mention it’s highly questionable that a bathroom meets the sanitary conditions required for such tasks lol.

You see?

Nobody gets to make requests that they actually need but trans people, for the sole purpose of "I feel affirmed if I'm in here" do.

Girl, bye.

• I’m aware that not all diabetes are related to obesity but over weight will increase the risk of diabetes.

I work in public health so I have some education on the topic yes

And nobody said you don’t suffer mentally if being ill in diabetes. There’s no competition everybody who suffer in different ways deserve to be heard

"but over weight will increase the risk of diabetes" of diabetes type 2.

"I work in public health so I have some education on the topic yes" I've heard this exact sentence 2000 times in my life already. Yes, even my aunt who works as a nurse always says this.

But please never ever tell a person who deals with this problem on a daily basis that you are educated abt it bcs you work in public health. It's the same as being trans. I'll never know how trans people feel exactly, bcs I am not trans, and I will never know more abt it than them.

• And how am I asking why women complain so much? I'm literally defending women's rights. Do you mean trans women AKA men who identify as women?

you didn’t get my sarcasm lol i’m saying your blasé dismissal of trans people’s feelings draws quite similar parallels to the typical attitudes men display towards women, hence the “ironically” part in my post

I guess the convo is moot atp bc neither one of us will change their view. I actually don’t really care that much about the restroom debate in the first place bc I don’t see an easy solution that pleases everyone, but it’s your blatant denial of certain viewpoints that i was arguing about. Oh well :wellr:

• i think this is starting to muddle the waters a little too far. Remember, we’re talking about restrooms, aka a place initially designed just so that humans can dispose of their waste in private and comfort lol, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not a clinic or first aid emergency room, so demanding fancy medical aids of any illness is pretty out of place and doesn’t really have much weight in this conversation. Diabetes isn’t the only potentially lethal illness, so should medical stocks for all other ills be supplied too? Not to mention it’s highly questionable that a typical bathroom meets the sanitary conditions required for such tasks lol.

To inject my insulin, I always have to go to the public bathroom.

Just thank god that people there don't stare at you like you're crazy bcs they think the insulin is drugs and you are an addict.

• To inject my insulin, I always have to go to the public bathroom.

Just thank god that people there don't stare at you like you're crazy bcs they think the insulin is drugs and you are an addict.

So, what do bathrooms need to supply or have in them to assist you?

• You see?

Nobody gets to make requests that they actually need but trans people, for the sole purpose of "I feel affirmed if I'm in here" do.

Girl, bye.

Also, it doesn't take much to just provide some information for people so that they don't think that being ill means being obese, or just bcs they work in the health or pharma industry, they are educated but can't tell different types of Illness apart.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!