KAI Rover has surpassed 100M streams on Spotify

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rover
    KAI · Song · 2023
    spotify.link

I believe it’s currently the only SM song this year to do so.

It’s his second song since mmmh to cross this milestone.

He also beat out EXO’s 100M record with Love Shot

A hit indeed!!!!!!

ExoLTaglist

• Mmmh will reach 150M in a few days as well. It’s currently at 149M. It’ll extend its record as the most streamed song by any SM soloist.

Rover is only behind psycho in terms of the biggest international hits from SM.

Man I don’t think anyone would have known Kai would be sm’s most popular soloist. People would have laughed at you in 2016 😭😭

If his albums were more widely available I really believe even his sales would be much higher as well alas.

• Well, he's the only exo soloist whose music i like, there are obvious a lot of people like me ^^ let's include exo too because i don't like their music. I'm sure that at least half of "say you love me" streams are mine

Kek I can’t return the favor with BTS I don’t like their music nor their solos 😭👩‍🦯🫡 but I enjoy music from En- if you care about them being the HYBE stan that you are :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe:

• Kek I can’t return the favor with BTS I don’t like their music nor their solos 😭👩‍🦯🫡 but I enjoy music from En- if you care about them being the HYBE stan that you are :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe: :pepe-hehe:

I was actually thinking the other day. Is exo and Kai's music that different that i don't like the former but like the latter?

The non existence of vocal flexing in kai's music also helps a lot ^^ and weird bridges lol. but that aside, i like his melodies and vibe a lot more. Songs fit his voice perfectly.

Is this the moment when i start mentioning western appeal ^^

• I was actually thinking the other day. Is exo and Kai's music that different that i don't like the former but like the latter?

The non existence of vocal flexing in kai's music also helps a lot ^^ and weird bridges lol. but that aside, i like his melodies and vibe a lot more. Songs fit his voice perfectly.

Wdym vocal flexing?

• Wdym vocal flexing?

High notes from bridge till the end of song. I don't like them. i don't like high pitched vocals too. I don't like them in both gg and bg. There's a reason sweet lies is my fave exo song snd 2nd kokobop.

Last part in aespa savage is really unpleasant to my ears lol. Aespa in general is hard for me to listen

• I was actually thinking the other day. Is exo and Kai's music that different that i don't like the former but like the latter?

It’s actually not different at all. This brand of r&b is consistent with most of EXO’s music and Kai is vocally flexing throughout his songs as well lol there are high notes and falsetto’s through out Kai’s music. Literally mmmh, rover, peaches all have the signature EXO high note at the bridge lol.

I think in your case it’s a mind block not a difference in music. Kai’s musical direction is very signature EXO r&b.

Kai was active in a time when EXO was not and their members had to enlist and there was a huge growth in the kpop popularity that contributes to more visibility to his music!

• High notes from bridge till the end of song. I don't like them. i don't like high pitched vocals too. I don't like them in both gg and bg. There's a reason sweet lies is my fave exo song snd 2nd kokobop.

Last part in aespa savage is really unpleasant to my ears lol. Aespa in general is hard for me to listen

Kai is not an exception to this lol. All his bridges has him going for the high notes. You just perhaps enjoy his vocal tone and performances.

• Kai is not an exception to this lol. All his bridges has him going for the high notes. You just perhaps enjoy his vocal tone and performances.

I didn't say he doesn't have high notes, bts has them too but they are as high as i like them, is the point. He definitely doesn't have, for example, obsession moment which is what fit my taste

• I didn't say he doesn't have high notes, bts has them too but they are as high as i like them, is the point. He definitely doesn't have, for example, obsession moment which is what fit my taste

Like I said you prefer his vocal tone lol. But his music is very EXO style. Which makes sense because it’s exo members that pick and choose EXO songs.

In BTS case for example they go for high notes they can’t hit which is what makes their songs as a whole not appeal to me personally what works with KAI and EXO as a whole is how they know what ranges fit them and stick to it. This can only come when you have innate understanding of your own vocal skills and stick to your strengths.

• It’s actually not different at all. This brand of r&b is consistent with most of EXO’s music and Kai is vocally flexing throughout his songs as well lol there are high notes and falsetto’s through out Kai’s music. Literally mmmh, rover, peaches all have the signature EXO high note at the bridge lol.

I think in your case it’s a mind block not a difference in music. Kai’s musical direction is very signature EXO r&b.

Kai was active in a time when EXO was not and their members had to enlist and there was a huge growth in the kpop popularity that contributes to more visibility to his music!

I hate that I'm derailing the appreciation kai thread so I'll be short.

I don't think it's a mind block. I almost always give a chance to albums when i like tt. I didn't listen to last exo album but i listed to kai the moment i heard mmmh. And from that point on i always checked out his very solo. He's the only exo soloist whose tt i liked btw.

What I don't like in exo are really high notes, out of place bridges, and rap. Which is all lol. And to me kai has none of them

Anyways, congrats kai, well deserved!

• High notes from bridge till the end of song. I don't like them. i don't like high pitched vocals too. I don't like them in both gg and bg. There's a reason sweet lies is my fave exo song snd 2nd kokobop.

As long as they don't sound like dying cows :thumbup:

Idk I can't understand disliking good high notes and I don't think exo has high notes from the bridge till the end. Not at all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!