Boy groups like Riize, Boynextdoor and ZB1 are all "flopping" with bright concepts. Are you surprised?

• People say boy groups will overtake girl groups on the charts again if they switch to bright concept/music, but Riize, Bnd and ZB1 give people bright concepts and still can't catch up to girl groups. Riize's debut Get a Guitar has 10M views after 2 days and 266K streams debut on Spotify while Aespa's debut Black Mamba gets 24M views in 1 day and 730K streams debut on Spotify. Both BND and ZB1 songs are doing worse on Youtube/Spotify than Kiss Of Life, a group from nugu company. Why can't boy groups overtake girl groups even with public-friendly bright concepts and songs?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• RIIZE debuted 2 days ago

and they didn't have ads for the MV

and they are doing better than most 4th gen BG

and will continue to do better digitally by promoting,

they didn't evveen start to promote GAG on music shows yet and koreans on melon comment section are already talking about how well they are doing digitally for a BG especially for a rookie BG, and how the song will probably climbed once they do music shows and promote in show

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• BND and Riize just debuted. BGs generally only have their breakthrough moments 2 to 3 years after the debut

I expected better from ZB1 on Spotify but alas it can't be helped, seems like Produce Planet series doesn't have big follow outside Asia. In Kores they definitely did well, 2 months charting the only 4th gen group who did better was TxT and they are a 4 year old group

• Also this group charted on top 100

External Content youtu.be

BGs are improving their charting compared to the 4th gen charting which were close to non-existent

• Honestly, I think 5th gen boy groups will breakout in Korea lol

Currently the ones gaining momentum are ZB1, RIIZE, BND and Plave. Their reception is better than many 4th gen bgs and these are just rookies.

BND debut single Spotify streams matches their sales and they didn't had any playlists there until But Sometimes era. SM bgs barely get great streams so not surprised with RIIZE.

• im not surprised at anything anymore

seems like boygroups are just generally not welcome anywhere right now outside straight female fandoms

i remember recently there was a pretty boy added to genshin impact and the teaser was widely liked in every language released except for Korea where it was dislike bombed.

apparently widely done by guys who “hate” pretty boys? it kinda made me wonder if this thinking is what’s led to so much negativity towards bg’s by the Korean general public…

• i remember recently there was a pretty boy added to genshin impact and the teaser was widely liked in every language released except for Korea where it was dislike bombed.

apparently widely done by guys who “hate” pretty boys? it kinda made me wonder if this thinking is what’s led to so much negativity towards bg’s by the Korean general public…

cant say i know any male korean genshin players so......

i mean gdragon wore the most feminine things ever and tons of korean men loved him

i was just saying the market for bgs is very small since kpop's global expansion

GGs attract straight men, straight women, gay women, even gay MEN

BGs almost entirely depend on straight women

its not fair

at all

i have a theory as to how it came to be this way but i dont see how its going to go away

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!