Will Hybe first Kpop group with white idols work?

• Honestly, people are around because they were looking for something different from western pop.

The more it gets diluted, the less interesting it'll become.

And this will just be borrowing the HYBE/BTS hype to draw people in, but then it'll be just another western girl group with "girl power sexy vibes" imprinted on it. :pepe-shame:

• Erh I think people are looking at this wrongly

It is very obvious they aren’t going to promote as a kpop group. The demography they are targeting is very different from kpop demography. Also there is actually no global pop girl group right now. Is Little Mix even active??? They are obviously gonna fill an empty space

And they have one of the biggest western music label pushing them. I’ll be more surprised if this group ends up flopping

• I could see it work if they mainly promote in the USA and Hybe might bring them in Korea for some music show performances like &Team and XG.

You know pop girl groups usually don't have strong performance skills but these girls have been training for some time and Hybe is good at teaching performances so it would be interesting to look forward to.

• I saw on Tiktok that there was an afro-lantino Brazillian. Still, not sure if that is going to be enough for me. It still somehow feels really racist if the closest thing they have to black is some girl light skin latina with "white" features. It's the reason I didn't even bother with A2K. It's one thing to pull that kind of shit in Asia, but there is absolutely no excuse if you're doing this in America, a literal melting pot.

if it's not like this or giving 5th Harmony or little Mix, I don't want it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I saw on Tiktok that there was an afro-lantino Brazillian. Still, not sure if that is going to be enough for me. It still somehow feels really racist if the closest thing they have to black is some girl light skin latina with "white" features. It's the reason I didn't even bother with A2K. It's one thing to pull that kind of shit in Asia, but there is absolutely no excuse if you're doing this in America, a literal melting pot.

if it's not like this or giving 5th Harmony or little Mix, I don't want it.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hope they do pull a Boy World or hell even Citizen Queen

• yes it’s called Niziu project to debut a bg so far a2k has pulled more views than them and on twitters they seem to have good following

OHHHHHHH that's cool. imo we'll only really see the true extent of american kpop groups after a2k finishes and debuts because rn, its more of a documentary than anything else. i do wonder how popular they'll be tho :)

• Well... I'm excited to see if there is going to be a Scandinavian too.

Even though I didn't give a fig about that one group UHSN that had both a Swedish and a Norwegian in it.

External Content twitter.com

I hear there will be 20 contestants featured on a proper survival show performing western pop. This vs. just the finalists, pretty much, doing JYP songs like Dalla Dalla/Wannabe on repeat in a rushed A2K production. But JYP is a busy man and he has things to do and more groups to create and move on to I guess.

Back in the day, Spice girls were selected from just 400 girls at an audition in London, and I don't think the producers really had a clear vision for the group vs. identifying what they had to work with and adapting as they went:

Little Mix and Fifth Harmony members were picked from a deeper pool of talent (X Factor auditions), but they were all aspiring solo singers - judges weren't checking for dance skills nor were people expecting elaborate choreo from them.

Contrast the above with Hybe auditioning 100,000 candidates globally in 5 countries starting as early as 2021. Some of the trainees that have been leaked show amazing vocals, but have legit backgrounds in dance as well.

Makes it seems like Scooter's clearing his slate and sneaking in a vacation before the premiere could almost indicate how high expectations are for this group.

• External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

:eyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!