Kpop fans sending death threats to choreographers, producers or literally anyone working with their fav

• Kpop fans out there sending death threats and violence toward anyone working with their fav group and then they wonder with their Pikachu faces why people don't take kpop seriously.

Bless your black moldy hearts

But until you admit your favs might like to work with people you don't like, eveyone will just assume companies are behind everything, not the kpop idols.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This, so much! I don't even have anything to add because you said it all so perfectly. Sure, the companies do control a few things, I will concede that, but not everything, especially in groups with more creative freedom.

People treat their fav like their company's puppet and get suprised when other people also follow the narrative

Like boohoo cry me a river

Fans are the ones creating the problem, can't feel sorry for them crying over it

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i agree, even tho they are minority but they are loud enough that their voice are heard so much and paint kpop in bad light

We always like to tell ourselves they are the minority

But hey the majority isn't reporting them

The majority isn't drowning their voice

The majority is standing by bc it's convenient that the minority is doing the dirty work for them

• People treat their fav like their company's puppet and get suprised when other people also follow the narrative

Like boohoo cry me a river

Fans are the ones creating the problem, can't feel sorry for them crying over it

• not only that, kpop fans would rather swear up and down that their faves are ignorant dumbasses to absolve them of any responsibility when something controversial happens.

• not only that, kpop fans would rather swear up and down that their faves are ignorant dumbasses to absolve them of any responsibility when something controversial happens.

Yes

all those fashion icons who are not allowed to refuse problematic hair styles and clothes

All those idol lyricist who don't read their own misogynistic lyrics, even though they somehow recorded it

All those self produced idols, who had no idea about the plagiarized beats in their own songs

• There was a mega face palm one with Blinks. Blinks sent a ton of death threats and general harassment towards the choreographer and made him trend worldwide because they didn’t like his previous routines. Turns out he did a small portion of the latest cb and the rest was elsewhere likely YG lmao.

• TLDR fam

TLDR LMAO

• They will literally laugh at racism as long as it's not directed at their faves.

• They will literally laugh at racism as long as it's not directed at their faves.

That's a whole other issue

I have seen kpop fans promoting their favs as LGBT supporters and in the same breath make homophobic comments toward other idols

Your fav can't be that good of a role model if you are that shit of a person

• That's a whole other issue

I have seen kpop fans promoting their favs as LGBT supporters and in the same breath make homophobic comments toward other idols

Your fav can't be that good of a role model if you are that shit of a person

true, but I assumed this was stemming from what was happening on twitter yesterday where people were laughing and saying they deserved getting racist dms

I do agree that respect goes a long way. There are too many fans who go along with toxic fans and solo stans to drag people who work with their faves. There was recently a good example with Johnny at the Met Gala. Johfam were being super nice to the photographers who uploaded pictures of him and in turn so many were thankful for the interactions.

External Content twitter.com

• true, but I assumed this was stemming from what was happening on twitter yesterday where people were laughing and saying they deserved getting racist dms

I do agree that respect goes a long way. There are too many fans who go along with toxic fans and solo stans to drag people who work with their faves. There was recently a good example with Johnny at the Met Gala. Johfam were being super nice to the photographers who uploaded pictures of him and in turn so many were thankful for the interactions.

External Content twitter.com

Hmm not sure about the yesterday stuff

haven't been on twitter for while

Might check now

give me a run down?

• Some journalists called out a fandom for flooding him with harassing DMs. Lots of kys, anti-asian sentiments, and hoping for them to be assaulted. People who agreed were called fake and then similarly attacked. People brought up things that have happened to black fans when they speak up about racism/ca incidents and were attacked.

It was a mess yesterday.

• Some journalists called out a fandom for flooding him with harassing DMs. Lots of kys, anti-asian sentiments, and hoping for them to be assaulted. People who agreed were called fake and then similarly attacked. People brought up things that have happened to black fans when they speak up about racism/ca incidents and were attacked.

It was a mess yesterday.

Omfg

nop

Did not know about this

What an actual fuck

Some people literally flush all the good kpop idols want to do in the world down the toilet with this behavior

It was a mess yesterday.

I did read on that and I wish I didnt

alot of them made jokes of Shireen Abu's murder by zionists bc they believe that should happen to all the journalist????

Like she was the only person reporting on Palestinians side and she was true humanitarian

Im personally outraged at this point by kpop fans

• This tends to be a problem with internet culture in general, especially in places like Twitter and Instagram. Not just a kpop thing, it happens across many different non-kpop fandoms. It's how these platforms are designed and the types of people they amplify. You can have 10,000 totally cool fans but the 10 horrible ones are amplified and rewarded with greater visibility and engagement. With increased engagement, they become more difficult to shut down. What's sad about this is that if there was a valid issue originally, it then gets completely lost (this is what happened in the situation with the journalist that others have referenced).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!