Red Velvet's Seulgi has renewed her contract with SM Entertainment in the past

• apparently it was an new information about 'old renewal' from 2021

source:

레드벨벳 슬기, SM과 재계약…인연 지속
    걸그룹 레드벨벳 슬기가 SM엔터테인먼트와 인연을 지속한다. 슬기 소속사 SM엔터테인먼트는 21일 뉴스1에 "슬기와 재계약했다"고 말했다. 이로써 슬기는 SM엔터테인먼트와 인연을 이어가게 됐다. 슬기와 SM엔터테인먼트
    n.news.naver.com

Red Velvet Seulgi re-signs with SM... Continuing the relationship

Jang Ah-reum (News1) - Girl group Red Velvet Seulgi continues its relationship with SM Entertainment.

Seulgi's agency, SM Entertainment, told on the 1st that they had "re-signed Seulgi." With this, Seulgi continued her relationship with SM Entertainment. It is reported that Seulgi's contract with SM Entertainment was re-signed.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by bartkun ().

• So exactly like we thought, their contract was never for 7 years, they added an extension on debut, likely with the excuse of adding yeri. Probs for 3 years but the CBX situ lead to early renegotiation's. Going to be interesting what the other members do.

• So exactly like we thought, their contract was never for 7 years, they added an extension on debut, likely with the excuse of adding yeri. Probs for 3 years but the CBX situ lead to early renegotiation's. Going to be interesting what the other members do.

nah it's mediaplay by sm since they were getting bad articles of multiple artists leaving, they just clarified that seulgi did renew but not recently (they renewed in 2021)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Clmlrv ().

• nah it's mediaplay by sm since they were getting bad articles of multiple artists leaving, they just clarified that seulgi did renew but not recently (they renewed in 2021)

External Content twitter.com

So SM is drip feeding old news because they are scared of all the bad news affecting their stock prices and scaring away idols and trainees? Love to see it

• ah so it's bullshit sorry guys for re-posting news from k source without checking

overall it seems that members renewed when they get a news that Wendy will be able to re-join after her injury, surgery and physical therapy all went well

External Content www.youtube.com

• basically she renewed a long time ago when RV renewed their contract with SM but for some reason this false report got out to the public and SM already cleared it and said she renewed already with the members. there wasnt a new solo contract or whatever

External Content www.instagram.com

• bartkun

Changed the title of the thread from “Breaking: Red Velvet's Seulgi has renewed her contract with SM Entertainment!” to “Red Velvet's Seulgi has renewed her contract with SM Entertainment in the past”.
  • Not sure why this is randomly popping up now, but I don't think anyone should underestimate SM when they say the renewal was "NOT recent." I'm convinced SM has them all locked into slave contracts with automatic renewals. That's why nothing was ever publicly mentioned about negotations when they reached the 7 year mark, which would be standard procedure for renewals. They may have renewed anyway, but I'm not convinced they had a choice.

• Not sure why this is randomly popping up now, but I don't think anyone should underestimate SM when they say the renewal was "NOT recent." I'm convinced SM has them all locked into slave contracts with automatic renewals. That's why nothing was ever publicly mentioned about negotations when they reached the 7 year mark, which would be standard procedure for renewals. They may have renewed anyway, but I'm not convinced they had a choice.

Someone above suggested it was meant to be a distraction - would not put that past them. As for slave contracts, unfortunately I don't doubt that either.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!