King the Land starring Junho and Yoona is surprisingly pleasant to watch

• it's really nice drama to watch when you are tired

somehow it makes me feel comfy and entertained without burning my brain out

:pepe-popcorn:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I love it.

But I've always loved these kinds of dramas.

It has the feel of how many dramas used to be when I first got into them in in the 2010s. They used to make so many like this.

I hate that modern Kdramas have gotten away from many of the types of dramas I most love.

This kind of old school style Chaebol/Candy Girl fun rom-com is one type I've loved. They avoid it these days due to the modern view claiming those are "tropey" and "low-quality".

And they also just flat out do not make my absolute favorite type of drama anymore. The old-school moody angsty romantic melodrama. Where the romance is an exhilarating, moody, and angst filled, commonly with a contentious love-hate relationship between the 2 leads at the center. Usually all set to epic, beautiful love ballads and moody R&B, filled with a sense of romantic tragedy or sadness, as well as romantic elation and "true love despite..." type vibes.

Korean dramas used to do these types of melodramas better than anyone in the world. They were the reason I fell in love with Korean drama in the first place.

But now those types of dramas are considered "toxic" and "sexist" or "outdated". Modern dramas deliberately avoid much of the trappings that made these so great, and what I loved about them.

I yearn for them to return.

I don't know when I'll get melos back. But at least maybe King The Land's success will start a usher in a return of old-school style romantic comedies.

I'm praying to Tzuyu.

• it's really nice drama to watch when you are tired

somehow it makes me feel comfy and entertained without burning my brain out

:pepe-popcorn:

This is the most I've seen idols kiss for sure. It'll be a surprise if one doesn't fall for the other.

It's a fun drama to watch.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!