FiftyFifty reacting go producers insta story

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Their careers were finished the time they sued their company.

Their KOREAN careers were finished the time they sued their company

Fixed it for you

and since they never really had a Korean career, what did they lose? The imaginary Korean fans they never had?

• Their KOREAN careers were finished the time they sued their company

Fixed it for you

and since they never really had a Korean career, what did they lose? The imaginary Korean fans they never had?

It's not like they never received Korean public attention I mean cupid Korean version peaked at number 11 on melon so it means the gp was starting to pay attention to them and with a comeback the interest would have grown more but this lawsuit destroyed everything they could've have

• It's not like they never received Korean public attention I mean cupid Korean version peaked at number 11 on melon so it means the gp was starting to pay attention to them and with a comeback the interest would have grown more but this lawsuit destroyed everything they could've have

it was never intended for Korea and it rising in Melon was just an afterthought.

It is better that they leave nothing in Korea if they have second thoughts.

• but the argument falls apart when you seriously try to pick a base outside SK (or Seoul, even)

For years I argued that Korea is the most hostile country towards KPop

The share of Korea in the global sense is less than 10%, and worse, the Koreans voted IU, who has virtually no reach outside of Korea and China, as the #1 singer over BTS.

FF, or whatever new name it will take after getting an injunction over Jeon (They know they can't outright win , but if they get an injunction so they can operate outside of Korea, they have won for all practical purposes) will show a new model that KPop acts do not have to be dependent upon the whims and fickles of Koreans.

• The Japanese market is 10 times the Korean Market. The US market is 20 times the Korean market.

So its already 30 to 1, roughly Korea is 3.2% of the total US/Japanese/Korea markets combined. Thats not including any other countries. So imo Korea is maybe 1-2% of the revenue of a really successful global group.

• The Japanese market is 10 times the Korean Market. The US market is 20 times the Korean market.

So its already 30 to 1, roughly Korea is 3.2% of the total US/Japanese/Korea markets combined. Thats not including any other countries. So imo Korea is maybe 1-2% of the revenue of a really successful global group.

they arent popular in Japan or America. They had one hit song. Thats not enough to just abandon your home market and move somewhere else. That would be a major mistake

• yeah, i hear you, korea is a small fish

but you gotta name a better alternative location for this to really convince me

• Barbie Dreams posted over 600K first day spotify streams (youtube visualizer broke 1M views) without K music show appearances or melon buzz. And they just have a distribution agreement with Warner - makes me wonder if they wouldn't be better off to set up a company and sign a 1-2 year contract directly with Warner or another US label. Label would be more invested in promoting them more fully, they'd have more freedom, and their financial upside wouldn't be capped down the line unlike under a centralized Kpop company system.

Remember, SIAHN only came back to Korea to total produce Fifty Fifty. I'm sure him and his the team at The Givers, who are also comprised of mostly internationals, will be fine moving wherever and continue their producing relationship with Fifty Fifty.

• makes me wonder if they wouldn't be better off to set up a company and sign a 1-2 year contract directly with Warner or another US label. Label would be more invested in promoting them more fully

They trademarked their names already, indicating they might go in that direction, either they sign with some mid level US label through Siahn's contacts or Warner could go the I don't give a fuck route and partner with their indepented label.

• yeah, i hear you, korea is a small fish

but you gotta name a better alternative location for this to really convince me

they could easily just move operations to LA and work with Warner/an imprint. i promise American pop fans don't care about this scandal and the Barbie song has a good buzz already. no one is guaranteed another hit no matter what and this group never seemed to be going a traditional kpop career route anyway. they can just keep releasing music and seeing what happens like everyone else does.

Some Big 4 fans don't understand that the majority of groups just don't have the advantage of having a built-in fandom even before the group debut.

They can't keep doing comebacks until finding success, because, despite the increase kpop popularity over the years, I would say it is even more difficult for groups outside the big 4 to get noticed in Korea. The Big 4 just got way bigger, and they are debuting even more groups than before, the competition is a lot harder.

• they could easily just move operations to LA and work with Warner/an imprint. i promise American pop fans don't care about this scandal and the Barbie song has a good buzz already. no one is guaranteed another hit no matter what and this group never seemed to be going a traditional kpop career route anyway. they can just keep releasing music and seeing what happens like everyone else does.

Aran's vocals and Sio's tones are liked by the Westerners. I think Saena is the 'anchor' of the group and since all 4 parents joined together Keena will also be taken with them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!