Does Jennie look like the average Korean girl?

• I came across this post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vindi…e_jennie_kim_in_the_idol/

I kinda agree, I see a lot of girls that look like Jennie. Pretty but very common. Then we have Jisoo, less prettier than Jennie but not average. I have definitely never seen someone with a face like Jisoo in my life.

• Pretty disgusting misogynistic link there. Literally rating women's bodies.

Then adding the old racist trope "they all look the same."

Delete this. It's embarrassing.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Pretty disgusting misogynistic link there. Literally rating women's bodies.

Then adding the old racist trope "they all look the same."

Delete this. It's embarrassing.

It's a women-run subreddit (not saying it's still not misogynistic but).

Also they didn't mean that Jennie looks the same as all Asian girls, just that she had a very common look. Like how Florence Pough looks like your average basic British girl, while Anya Taylor Joy looks very different.

• Let’s not make this about Jennie as it’s dumb to just talk about one person. But yes in Korea, Koreans tend to take care of themselves quite well. They dress nicely most of the time and they use a lot of beauty protects to take care of their skin.

I do tend tho say that people over exaggerate just how amazing those idols look in comparison to some regular people you will see on the street. We also just remember those idols have dozens of stylists, make up artists and all that to help them.

I’ve seen regular men and women who basically look better or at least equally as good as Kpop idols in Korea.

And no Jennie is not just your average Korean girl to answer the question. She is very beautiful by any standards

• I see nothing wrong here. How many times have a groups of friends 'rated' looks of celebrities and other people amongst each other. Now they just do it in text format. If they were saying the same things about Jennie, as long as it was just their personal opinion and didn't include stereotypes, then nobody would bat an eye at it

• I see nothing wrong here. How many times have a groups of friends 'rated' looks of celebrities and other people amongst each other. Now they just do it in text format. If they were saying the same things about Jennie, as long as it was just their personal opinion and didn't include stereotypes, then nobody would bat an eye at it

sup dad

• I think people are crazy calling her a 5.

I call myself a 5, because I have an average looking face within a general population. If these people looked at me, I would probably be a -1 in their books.

people and their ratings are so odd. Jennie would definately stand out within a group of average looking women.

I have seen extremely beautiful women(non-famous), being rated a 6 or 5. People have crazily unrealistic standards of beauty.

• I think people are crazy calling her a 5.

I call myself a 5, because I have an average looking face within a general population. If these people looked at me, I would probably be a -1 in their books.

people and their ratings are so odd. Jennie would definately stand out within a group of average looking women.

I have seen extremely beautiful women(non-famous), being rated a 6 or 5. People have crazily unrealistic standards of beauty.

Honestly here's my take on this.
    I think the point of calling Jennie a 5 is to push the pedestal that celebrities are on. Your average person does look as good as celebrities, we just don't realize it because we've been brainwashed my media. The point of that subreddit is to bring light to that, just because YOU consider yourself a 5 and Jennie is given a 5, doesn't mean that you are a -1. It means that YOU are AS PRETTY as Jenny. You just don't realize it because media brainwashes us into thinking celebrities have an unattainable level of beauty.

They use harsh language on there I admit, but the point is to bring down the smoke and mirrors that companies create.

• If you search up Jennie in this sub you’ll see loads of people giving her 6-8, but they always mention how without the Blackpink halo she wouldn’t be considered that attractive, I find it really difficult to post Kpop idols on this sub because most comments are super biased and hateful just because it’s someone from a group they don’t like lmfao

• child...

Walk into any British supermarket you'll see 100 girls that look like Florence Pough. That isn't to say that she isn't pretty, but that your average girl is as pretty as her. Media conditions us into thinking that celebrities are a lot prettier than us, so that we buy products endorsed by them.

• i don't really see what the fuss is?

most comments aren't calling her just average, they are calling her an average pretty girl.

it doesn't mean she is ugly, just that you'll probably find many pretty (asian) girls like her.

in my opinion jennifer lawrence is an average pretty girl too. Ofcourse, she is beautiful, but you'll find more pretty white girls like her than e.g. Angelina Jolie/megan fox/...

• Walk into any British supermarket you'll see 100 girls that look like Florence Pough. That isn't to say that she isn't pretty, but that your average girl is as pretty as her. Media conditions us into thinking that celebrities are a lot prettier than us, so that we buy products endorsed by them.

i do agree with your take on Florence Pugh but then again I've never seen media praise her for her looks, it's only ever like "Florence Pugh looks fabulous in this (designer brand) dress!". Btw I think you spelled her name the way most people think it's pronounced but it's Pugh(pew, like a gun)

1 year and 7 months until AVATAR 3

• The same as how I can see countless Taiwanese girls on the streets that are prettier/as pretty as than Tzuyu doesn't mean that I find Tzuyu ugly... People will get offended but it is how media and entertainment works to get cash from us..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!