CBX woke up this morning and Chose violence

• At around 8:30 am Korean time, CBX released a statement via their Lawyer that they had filed a complaint to the Korean Fair Trade Commission(KFTC) yesterday to report violations that SM had committed to the corrective orders KFTC had given in 2007 and 2011.

Violations are as follows according to CBX's side

1. Specifying contract start date as the time of debut in the entertainment industry rather than when the contract was signed. This allows the company to arbitrarily determine contract length
    2. Contracts longer than the industry standard. In 2007 KFTC had determined SM contracts were excessively long compared to other industries. At the time Contract length was 3 -5 years.
    3. Extending contract period due to overseas expansion.
    4. Clauses that extend contract dates by using arbitrary measures. Such as "Fifth anniversary of the first album release" or "End of the fifth year after appearing in a role above supporting cast member"
    5. Extensions based on arbitrary album release measures with no upper limit.

Additionally it was revealed that SM contracts are 7 years + 3 years for overseas activities. And additionally, contracts are frozen for Military service. So contracts can end up being 13 years long.

They also revealed that SM would have artists renew their contracts a year ahead of the contract expiry date. This is actually a way for SM to control the contract signer as clauses specify that the artist can wholesale cancel the contract up to six months before the expiration date and doing this forgoes their ability to cut ties.

Their complaint also emphasizes that the KFTC should investigate EVERY SM ARTIST CONTRACT

1. Extensions based on arbitrary album release measures with no upper limit.

Additionally it was revealed that SM contracts are 7 years + 3 years for overseas activities. And additionally, contracts are frozen for Military service. So contracts can end up being 13 years long.

These are particularly egregious and way outside the norm in Korea.

Huh. Kakao and Hybe regretting those SM purchases now exposing them to risk. In addition to the PR nightmare that whole saga was and Hybe continuing to go into debt, now add artists dragging the label they just bought percentages of.

They're probably trying to find ways to get rid of those stocks now...but they'd be taking major losses as SM stocks have tanked the last couple of months.

Yeesh. They probably wish they could turn back time as they're regretting the terrible investment now.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

1. Clauses that extend contract dates by using arbitrary measures. Such as "Fifth anniversary of the first album release" or "End of the fifth year after appearing in a role above supporting cast member"

wow, kpop companies love arbitrary markers just as much as the fans do, lol

"contract extended until _____ reaches a record number of Melon ULs within the spring/summer release window" might actually exist and thanks I hate it

• BigBang - Lies

BigBang - Haru Haru (to an extent, it was something hella dramatic)

While I wan't always a fan of this kinda of MVs, it was too dramatic for me, but this sound of music in bg sound is my favorite so far. I have so many favorite songs from this era! This dramatic sound is everything.

• Their complaint also emphasizes that the KFTC should investigate EVERY SM ARTIST CONTRACT

great thing to do we're in 2023 this type of contract should no longer exist

and SK should start to do something, create a commission or something else where their only goal would be to investigate and analyse idols contract

because it's not normal that this should happen only when idols need to sue because they are tired

SK should proclaim a law which force every agency to send their idols contract to the government to be analyze and the contract can't start until they receive their approval

Kpop is literally the thing that bring SK the most money and exposure on the international scene, it's not normal that it's the thing that they doesn't watch at all

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!