It took 7 years for BTS/BPink/Twice to surpass Big Bang/2NE1/SNSD achievements

• 4 more years are left until new successors start to surpasses them. Be patient until 2025

2011 SNSD

2012 Big Bang

2013 2NE1

2018 Twice

2019 BTS

2020 BPink

Why 7 years?

Year 1:

Old gen fans are leaving high school and use their college tuition money to help their faves achieve record breaking sales

New gen fans are entering high school and starting to learn how kpop stanning works

Year 4:

Old gen fans are entering the real world and kpop is slowly becoming less of a priority

New gen fans have more money to buy more albums and contents of their faves

Year 7:

Old gen fans failed at life and have to cut off kpop completely to make up for the lost time

New gen fans become old fans and their new generation take over the top until 7 more years

Then the cycle repeats again

• I don't think it necessarily works like that buddy but go off, I'm expecting the top groups to keep dominating considering 4th gen arent even close to what 3rd gen were already doing in their early years

They have about 4 more years left, but it will be a slow decline

• No see that's where you are wrong

Bts & BP are K-pop's peak globally

No other bg or gg after them from kpop would make the same level of waves these acts made & will make in the coming years

In Asia they could be surpassed in some metrics but probably not streaming tho lol maybe like touring & domestic charting?

• NO ONE in 2017 could predict BTS in 2021

BTS are not just a kpop generation outlier, they are a last 50 years of the music industry anomaly. They are tracking to beat some the beatles records.

Yes, no one can predict the future but sorry bts at least gave hints of worldwide impact even in 2016-17 which I dont see at all in the likes of stray kids, nct, aespa, itzy, idle to name a few. I agree with hardcore, bts and bp will be the peak of kpop globally

• BTS are not just a kpop generation outlier, they are a last 50 years of the music industry anomaly. They are tracking to beat some the beatles records.

Yes, no one can predict the future but sorry bts at least gave hints of worldwide impact even in 2016-17 which I dont see at all in the likes of stray kids, nct, aespa, itzy, idle to name a few. I agree with hardcore, bts and bp will be the peak of kpop globally

According to the 7 year timeline, BTS' successor will be in 2026

Calm down, they are coming, and just like none of you could predict where BTS would be now, none of you will predict who will be the next ones

• According to the 7 year timeline, BTS' successor will be in 2026

Calm down, they are coming, and just like none of you could predict where BTS would be now, none of you will predict who will be the next ones

You are too simple minded and think "generations" in kpop are such a big deal and matter at all. No, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to debut an even bigger group every 5-7 years. Some artists just have the "it" factor and just keep on dominating. It's been how many years and beyonce keeps on winning grammys...

You even have examples in other fields, messi and cristiano ronaldo have been dominating for how many years already? lol the same in tennis world

• You are too simple minded and think "generations" in kpop are such a big deal and matter at all. No, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to debut an even bigger group every 5-7 years. Some artists just have the "it" factor and just keep on dominating. It's been how many years and beyonce keeps on winning grammys...

You even have examples in other fields, messi and cristiano ronaldo have been dominating for how many years already? lol the same in tennis world

LOL

you are comparing solo artists and soccer players to kpop idols

• One thing I notice it's always 2nd gen stans or trolls that started these comparison threads first then cried about how new gen fans "disrespect" them lol.

• LOL

you are comparing solo artists and soccer players to kpop idols

Damn you are definitely dumb as hell if you think that was the point of me mentioning them. It's about them staying on top regardless of new generation of younger players.

Dont even bother reaponding. Quote me in 4 years when your 4th gen faves who cant even chart in korea make any kind of impact

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!