The almost it-girl list

• Female idols/celebrities who seemingly close to achieve it-girl status but couldn't make it.

Seulgi - there was a point in time in the past where Seulgi was #1 in the brand rankings, believe it or not. SM pushed her in a lot of collabs, but it took so long for them to give her a solo. Eventually others overtook her.

Irene - She was even closer than Seulgi to official it-girl status. The only thing preventing her transition to an it-girl was her personality, but she had the CFs in the bag. All she needed was her movie to be a moderate success, but then her scandal happened.

Arin - When OMG was trending with their songs and Arin was MuBank host, a lot of people expected her to reach it girl status too. But her hype deflated as Aespa eclipsed OMG's success in the corona era. Then Arin's hype completely vanished after leaving Music Bank.

Then there's the other category of people who made it to it-girl status but for a relatively short while:

- Hyeri

- Hwasa

- Hani

• I don't think "It Girl" is something a company can achieve simply by investing a certain amount in an idol. It's different than winning awards, or selling the most albums, or having the most CF's, it's about having an intangible quality like confidence that makes the idol go viral. For example Hani's company didn't promote her as much as the other idols you mentioned, she just had a fancam go viral.

When it comes to Seulgi, I don't think her full potential has been tapped yet. I'm hopeful she'll keep releasing successful solo albums. She's very likable and talented, I think she can continue to have a long career with the right music. Taeyeon and IU aren't really fashion icon/IT girls like Jennie, it's not the only avenue for success.

• I don't think "It Girl" is something a company can achieve simply by investing a certain amount in an idol. It's different than winning awards, or selling the most albums, or having the most CF's, it's about having an intangible quality like confidence that makes the idol go viral. For example Hani's company didn't promote her as much as the other idols you mentioned, she just had a fancam go viral.

When it comes to Seulgi, I don't think her full potential has been tapped yet. I'm hopeful she'll keep releasing successful solo albums. She's very likable, I think she can continue to have a long career with the right music. Taeyeon and IU aren't really fashion icon/IT girls like Jennie, it's not the avenue for success.

The need a personality that vibes well with the public. Seulgi is ‘odd’ (not in a bad way) in how she behaves and thinks compared to other Koreans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!