on the ground, is bad for rose

• Same. I honestly prefer Gone. Its indie rock ballad. It suits her very much. And I think Rose feels the same. I think On The Ground became the title track because its teddys. Meanwhile Gone, Teddy dont have song credit.

In the press conference, ROSÉ said “Gone” was recorded for the first time two years ago. She told Teddy how much she loved “Gone” after she recorded it and ROSÉ felt like the songs were meant to be for her.

No. Rosé personally chose OTG as the TT because it is her story.

• No. He has credit as song producer for "ON THE GROUND". But not for "GONE".

• I personally do think it's a good song ? It's catchy, it has interesting lyrics, and Rosé's voice is gorgeous. I disagree with the idea that it could be 'any singer's song', it has some similarities in the beat with Taylor's song, but that's nothing, and that doesn't change the fact that it still feels very 'Rosé'.

I 100% understand that 'Gone' is more liked, but that's what I think because I love Blackpink, I love Rosé, and I love to see her in a more 'accoustic' setting. This is the song she decided to show to blinks first, at the concert, because she knew we would enjoy it.

OTG is the song that was chosen to climb up the charts and do well with the GP, and I think it's a good choice ( except for the all-english lyrics, but maybe that's a personal choice of her, I won't judge ). It's more catchy and poppy, without being dumb and annoying, so congrats Rosie !

• Sometimes I wonder have you copypasted these comments.

nope they're all taken straight out of my ass...lol

but yeah its my standard line for those who didn't really like a song which I enjoyed

I'm certainly not going to go F U you tasteless MFer...

even if they do trash the song...what's it to me right? i like what i like other people can like what they like...

I mean if other people said that to me about the songs I didn't like then I'd be happy too that they didn't attack my opinion

• Wut? You said he has no credits for Gone, but it says right there that he was one of the writers. I'm totally confused.

As you can see here, he has song credit for "GONE" as a writer, but not as a producer. But He has both writer and producer credit for "ON THE GROUND".

I was confused the 1st time. I guess Park in "GONE" is Teddy Park.

I dont hate the song. The song was good enough to be on my playlist. But like I said, I think it will take time before I truly love it. "GONE" was love at first listen. ^^

Screenshot 2021-03-12 185524.png

• I think releasing two guitar driven ballady songs would have been the expected thing.

I like OTG because it added a twist I didn't expect, but I think it works.

If they would have done an EP at least in the style represented by Gone and OTG it would have been Epic. Missed opportunity YG.

• Interesting, I actually thought it was perfect for her. The laid back intro is vey acoustic rosé but the kinda electronic choru was a very well done twist and its really gave that edge that it shows she is still BP rosé, so its like the good from both worlds. Also it really showcase her beautiful voice without pushing too far, it was great for me.

I also understand there were people expecting something more acoutic so Gone is a good option for them too but I do believe Rosé is happier perfoming with a choreo, afterall she is a great dancer too.

• I don’t get this obsession with people saying they wanted or she should’ve done something more acoustic with guitar... like that’s the only type of song she can be expected to do and shouldn’t try branching out.

A song is a song, an artist can make it their own which I think she did. She’s also killing it with the sales and records, so clearly she did something right.

• Interesting, I actually thought it was perfect for her. The laid back intro is vey acoustic rosé but the kinda electronic choru was a very well done twist and its really gave that edge that it shows she is still BP rosé, so its like the good from both worlds. Also it really showcase her beautiful voice without pushing too far, it was great for me.

I also understand there were people expecting something more acoutic so Gone is a good option for them too but I do believe Rosé is happier perfoming with a choreo, afterall she is a great dancer too.

I bet all these people that say they want acoustic song like Gone as title would be bashing her for being 'Expected', 'Basic', 'Boring' if she really release a stripped down ballad as title.

• I don’t get this obsession with people saying they wanted or she should’ve done something more acoustic with guitar... like that’s the only type of song she can be expected to do and shouldn’t try branching out.

A song is a song, an artist can make it their own which I think she did. She’s also killing it with the sales and records, so clearly she did something right.

no one is obsessed here. everyone can have different expectation

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!