The best 4th Gen GG dancer everybody

• :twerkingpepe::twerkingpepe::twerkingpepe:

She also seem way more confident compared to Hush Rush I feel like this dance is so much more in her element

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I liked her dancing and choreo talents since PD48. Yet still she tanked big time in the dance survival show competing with professional dancers.

Which makes one think... are we overrating Chaeyeon, or are the top idol dancers (f)actually and demonstrably worse than other professional or talented dancers? :/

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I liked her dancing and choreo talents since PD48. Yet still she tanked big time in the dance survival show competing with professional dancers.

Which makes one think... are we overrating Chaeyeon, or are the top idol dancers (f)actually and demonstrably worse than other professional or talented dancers? :/

There's a difference in being able to kill choreography and being able to freestyle and choreograph.

Most great idol dancers do well at the former, but are not so great at the latter, which is the major difference between idol dancers and professional dancers who eat, breathe, and sleep dance.

Plus, you have to think of the training. Idol dancers are taught how to dance and look good on stage. Not necessarily musicality and advanced techniques.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• There's a difference in being able to kill choreography and being able to freestyle and choreograph.

Most great idol dancers do well at the former, but are not so great at the latter, which is the major difference between idol dancers and professional dancers who eat, breathe, and sleep dance.

Plus, you have to think of the training. Idol dancers are taught how to dance and look good on stage. Not necessarily musicality and advanced techniques.

True, the approach and training will be different. But from the best of the best idol dancers (as well as idol rappers and vocalists for that matter) you might expect that their range and skill level will be higher and competitive enough with other dancers, especially with the many years of training and experience the top idol dancers will have.

After all, freestyle is just 1 aspect of dance expertise and skill level. There's execution, isolation of movements, interpretation, etc etc, a lot of traits top idol dancers wouldn't have to be any less than other professional dancers.

I'll give Chaeyeon that she might not have as many years of training and experience as those other professional dancers have had in that show, seeing how Chaeyeon came from a small company (with very likely few coaching resources), and the Produce show and follow up would also not have provided the most optimal path to grow and excel as a dancer.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• True, the approach and training will be different. But from the best of the best idol dancers (as well as idol rappers and vocalists for that matter) you might expect that their range and skill level will be higher and competitive enough with other dancers, especially with the many years of training and experience the top idol dancers will have.

After all, freestyle is just 1 aspect of dance expertise and skill level. There's execution, isolation of movements, interpretation, etc etc, a lot of traits top idol dancers wouldn't have to be any less than other professional dancers.

I'll give Chaeyeon that she might not have as many years of training and experience as those other professional dancers have had in that show, seeing how Chaeyeon came from a small company (with very likely few coaching resources), and the Produce show and follow up would also not have provided the most optimal path to grow and excel as a dancer.

Well, Chaeyeon also trained with JYPE and a dancing academy, so I don't think it's an excuse.

And, dancing is just one aspect of things idols train in. It's not the only thing they focus on. I definitely think that the top idol dancers can match professionals as far as execution and isolation of movements, but I think they lack in interpretation because that's not an area of dance they are trained in. That and as I mentioned, musicality.

A lot of them may be good at dancing but may not necessarily have a passion for dancing, which you need to train and be good in musicality. SWF focused heavily on battling, which requires a high level of interpretation, freestyle, and musicality. The areas most idol dancers lack in.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!