Why Hanni doesnt have many viet fans?

• This is the answer ig

Poor girl has not done anything wrong

• Bc the type of female idols that typical south eastern kpop stans usually like is someone with a “badass” image like lisa or minnie, whereas idols with a softer and more vulnerable image don’t get as much love on the whole. They’re perceived as weak or girlish => inferior in those kpop stans’ logic. Completely archaic and misogynistic yes but it’s the reality anyway. Why do you think twice got so much hate in this region?

• Bc the type of female idols that typical south eastern kpop stans usually like is someone with a “badass” image like lisa or minnie, whereas idols with a softer and more vulnerable image don’t get as much love on the whole. They’re perceived as weak or girlish => inferior in those kpop stans’ logic. Completely archaic and misogynistic yes but it’s the reality anyway. Why do you think twice got so much hate in this region?

damn, big if true

• I'm Vietnamese so I guess I can answer this question.

Not just Hanni but the whole New Jeans have a lot of anti-fans in Vietnam but Hanni is sure the trigger. Before that, people had very positive reactions to their music, then the MHJ's media-play about NJs being 'next BTS' and NJs getting luxury brand deals left and right happened. From then on, V-Blinks and V-Armys mostly hate them with other Big 3 stans already hate them because they're a threat.

They have a lot of casual listeners in VN though but Vietnam is a small market for Kpop so all of this won't affect them in anyway.

As a SEA KPOP fan, this isn’t true at all lol - if you see other celebs that SEA fans like - not all are badass or stereotypical at all. We are not a monolith and will like different things - just like any other KPOP fans. SEA fans will like female singers for many reasons and combination of talent and visual style etc.

Another poster already answered re the Vietnamese fan’s POV re Hanni.

Like I am Thai, acknowledge that Lisa is super talented but I don’t stan her because her music isn’t my type but I don’t hate her or BP at all etc. I root for her and am happy she is representing Thailand on the global stage etc.

• As a SEA KPOP fan, this isn’t true at all lol - if you see other celebs that SEA fans like - not all are badass or stereotypical at all. We are not a monolith and will like different things - just like any other KPOP fans. SEA fans will like female singers for many reasons and combination of talent and visual style etc.

Another poster already answered re the Vietnamese fan’s POV re Hanni.

did i claim anywhere that all sea fans are the exact same and all acting like a monolith? lol don’t put words in people’s mouth and get offended on your own :pepefacepalm: note the keywords in my post are “typical” and “usually”, and not “always” or “all of them” bc you know, there’s a thing called “majority” and that’s how a community can be perceived even with minorities acting differently in it :pepe-use-head:

• did i claim anywhere that all sea fans are the exact same and all acting like a monolith? lol don’t put words in people’s mouth and get offended on your own :pepefacepalm: note the keywords in my post are “typical” and “usually”, and not “always” or “all the time” bc you know, there’s a thing called “majority” and that’s how a community can be perceived even with minorities acting differently in it :pepe-use-head:

Did I write that you did? I don’t need you to highlight your unnecessary key words when i understood it just fine.

I just wrote from my POV as a SEA fan that I disagree with what you wrote lol.

• Did I write that you did? I don’t need you to highlight your unnecessary key words when i understood it just fine.

I just wrote from my POV as a SEA fan that I disagree with what you wrote lol.

Literally your own reply lol:

As a SEA KPOP fan, this isn’t true at all lol - if you see other celebs that SEA fans like - not all are badass or stereotypical at all. We are not a monolith and will like different things - just like any other KPOP fans. SEA fans will like female singers for many reasons and combination of talent and visual style etc.

It’s fine if you disagree with me but you yourself replied to me and acted indignant as if i called all sea fans a monolith behaving in the exact same manner i described lol so that’s the only thing I address in my reply :pepe-use-head:

• Literally your own reply lol:

It’s fine if you disagree with me but you yourself replied to me and acted indignant as if i called all sea fans a monolith behaving in the exact same manner i described lol so that’s the only thing I address in my reply :pepe-use-head:

Ironic at the very best - plz take a look at your own reactiveness and you are the one interpreting my post as an attack when it never was.

I never called you out or said you said anything. I just quoted you to say I disagree.

I disagree that the typical SEA KPOP fan likes ‘badass female’ stereotype and reminded ppl that SEA fans are not a monolith.

My words: “We are not a monolith and will like different things- just like any other KPOP fans.” WE as in SEA KPOP fans…

You took it literally as if I wrote that you - Whiplashed - said SEA fans are a monolith….when it is NOT what I wrote.

Where did I write that you called SEA KPOP fans a monolith?!? I didn’t.

You made the your own conclusion that I was putting words in for you - when it is you doing it yourself

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

I can answer this and it's not because Twice are girlish when SNSD was one of the biggest and most popular Kpop groups in VN during gen 2. Their popularity overpowered 2NE1 who had a badass concept. One reason for Twice's hate here is V-Blinks. They're big in numbers, only behind Armys currently but by only small margin. Before BP surpassed Twice in all metrics, Once was once a big fandom too who used to mock BP for having no daesangs or national hits but since the encore incident, many have turned their backs to Twice (they kinda reacted the same way as Knets). 2nd reason is Twice's music, they don't vibe with Twice's current music, Twice's music during first 2-3 years were more of their taste (again, same as Knets). So it's contradictory to your reasoning because Twice have matured a lot both in sound and image in recent years. It's not about being a badass and if we go there then Western kpop fans are guilty too because the West also don't like girlie/cute concepts.

• so basically you replied to my post with an irrelevant rebuttal, is that what you’re saying, am i getting it correct now? :pepe-narrow-eyes: bc when you said you disagreed with me, in the very same breath you also brought up that sea kpop stans are not a monolith, but i had to read your mind that the first part in your paragraph was directed at me, but the second part in the very same paragraph was directed at “people”, not me, and it was my duty to understand that no, your reply to me actually wasn’t fully directed at me and i had to know when to engage and when to back off where it didn’t concern me like it was a minefield with no pointers whatsoever? ok got it :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• so basically you replied to my post with an irrelevant rebuttal, is that what you’re saying, am i getting it correct now? :pepe-narrow-eyes: bc when you said you disagreed with me, in the very same breath you also brought up that sea kpop stans are not a monolith, but i had to read your mind that the first part in your paragraph was directed at me, but the second part in the very same paragraph was directed at “people”, not me, and it was my duty to understand that no, your reply to me actually wasn’t fully directed at me and i had to know when to engage and when to back off where it didn’t concern me like it was a minefield with no pointers whatsoever? ok got it :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Thanks for clarifying your lack of comprehension skills on a public forum - plz do level up - it is your own responsibility lol

• Thanks for clarifying your lack of comprehension skills on a public forum - plz do level up - it is your own responsibility lol

lol I didn’t quote anyone else to disagree with them while also bringing up an irrelevant rebuttal that had no place in my post bc it didn’t contradict the previous poster in anyway, so i’m pretty good where my logical and comprehension skills are at :happyr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!