IFPI #GlobalAlbumSalesChart Top 10 (BTS, Seventeen, Enhypen, Stray Kids, Black Pink, TXT)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ciri

Changed the title of the thread from “IFPI #GlobalAlbumSalesChart Top 10” to “IFPI #GlobalAlbumSalesChart Top 10 (BTS, Seventeen, Enhypen, Stray Kids, Black Pink, TXT)”.
  • Manifesto is still charting in Japan and some European countries. And they charted longer just below BTS. I know this site hate Enhypen so much. But data is available just check Enhypen chart acct in twit. Thank you.

• IFPI is based on pure sales reported from different countries plus PAID album donwnloads

Hanteo is based on reported sales from retailers but they need to be hanteo certified to be counted on the chart. To be Hanteo certified u need to pay them— hence US , JP and EU stores dont count. why will they pay hanteo ? 😂

Circle/ Gaon is based on shipments from distributors to retailers. It doesnt mean it is SOLD already . It can stay on their warehouse or stores w/o being sold.

Rumor has it that IFPI values sales from CH lower than EU and US. I am not sure its true. Though the one on top is a Taiwanese singer, his album pure sales is over 5M so even if let say they value it for 80% only its still more than the rest since we also need to add paid album downloads.

The only explanation i can come up with is Enhypen has more “PURE” sales and those below them are just shipped but not SOLD and Hybe is intentionally not restocking enhypen’s album so their sales in Gaon wont be above their other 4th gen bg. Possibly the reason why there are no SM artists since they probably have high album stocks to retailers and/or most of their album sales are coming from CH. Enhypen until now is charting in BB Album charts in US and some EU which is considered pure sales and this is interesting since their numbers in Gaon is not moving. I think its more on the stock numbers of other grps which are not considered pure sales.

• also, manifesto is not just 1.4 . U need to add the weverse album w/c i think has over 300k sales that are counted separately in gaon but part of pure sales. gaon is not pure sales though—its shipped albums to retailers sold or not.

Edited once, last by Jescha00 ().

• Charting doesn't matter. This is pure sales total numbers.

it matters be. charting in US and EU in album ccategory is based on “pure sales” including paid album downloads so if ur stl charting in places where hanteo dont count sales it means ur stock albums( shipped albums) are stl selling. Gaon/Circle is based on shipment from distributor to retailers sold or not. It stl on the store or warehouse of the retailers for all we know😂. IFPI is more credible than hanteo or circle in my opinion since its pure sales and have more reach than gaon or hanteo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!