Which Kpop Companies do you think will Survive until the end of the Decade (ie 2030)

• So the dominate companies within the kpop scene has changed considerably over the last three decades of kpop existence. Here is the general outlook,

1998-2006: SM Entertainment, DR Music, and DSP Media

The early 2000s were basically dominated by SM with JYPE and YGE slowly rising

2007-2018: SME, YGE, JYPE - Golden Age of Big 3

2018-Present: HYBE, SME, JYPE, YGE - Big 4

2030: ?

With HYBE recently acquiring large shares in SM and looking to get maybe 40% of the shares, it might not be impossible that a future exits where SM becomes a subsidiary of Hybe in a few years. YGE has been in a bit of a rough patch surviving probably only due to the massive success of BP. If they leave this year (unlikely) it could be terrible for YGE. JYPE is pretty stable with a very popular 3rd gen group and a strong 4th gen that dominates sales and overseas popularity.

What do you think the kpop scene will look like in 2030? Which will be the big companies then? Do you think any company could rise similar to HYBE?

• Teudungi21

Changed the title of the thread from “What Kpop Companies do you think will Survive until the end of the Decade (ie 2030)” to “Which Kpop Companies do you think will Survive until the end of the Decade (ie 2030)”.
  • I think JYP is in a similar situation it was in before Twice debut though on significantly better grounds. Twice is still a huge money maker and they have groups in China and Japan that bring in money. Stray kids and ITZY may not be huge in Korea but they do decent overseas and pull in significant money with concerts and album sales. But they definitely need a chart smashing group after Twice has sort of lessened in influence. ITZY looked like they could do it but they haven’t been given the material. I’m most worried about Nmixx as they haven’t really gotten off well and basically the primary reason for their succcess is influenced by fans of Twice and ITZY and other JYP fans. So I agree things gotta change a bit but I think they can be somewhat stable like they are for a bit more

• Jype is stable for next 2 to 3 years , after it twice ,skz and itzy will go through renewal they can't afford losing them.

But acquiring jype would be most difficult their investors are happy,they doesn't have internal conflict and good profit margin.

Misoma debut and twice world tour, skz and itzy tour would increase their market cap they already have bigger market cap than SM and YG .

SM and YG have been in red multiple times and ton of internal conflict and both have business relation with hype.

JYP in his plastic pants is final boss standing against hype and kakao.

• Well aside from the obvious answer (HYBE)

I'm gonna say SM and JYP.

But JYP has to get their act together and start making hit girl groups again, they can't keep riding off Twice's success and $$$. Nmixx and Itzy have not been up to par, they are not flops, but they can't hold up the company like Stray Kids.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• JYP has incredible sales, popularity does not matter when sales keep going up since that's what the stakeholders care about.

YG only if Baemon does well.

SM... I feel like they'll be fine.

HYBE will remain obviously.

Kakao, that's a ''too new'' of a company, plus being Chinese does not help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!