Lovelyz’s Jin Apologizes For And Deletes Video In Which She Discussed Idols Dating

• 0006613438_001_20230206073901594.jpg

Lovelyz’s Jin Apologizes For And Deletes Video In Which She Discussed Idols Dating

Feb 5, 2023

Former Lovelyz member Jin has apologized for a video in which she talked about idols dating.

Jin, who opened her own YouTube channel this past fall, recently posted a Q&A video in which she answered various questions about idol life. One of the topics she discussed was how idols date behind the scenes, and Jin described how idols can sometimes catch one another’s eye backstage at music shows or at events like MBC’s Idol Star Athletics Championships.

She also mentioned that while many agencies are strict about prohibiting dating early on in idols’ careers, they grow laxer as time goes on and idols get further along into their careers.

However, some fans criticized the video, saying that it could cause misunderstandings about the other Lovelyz members.

On February 5, Jin deleted the video and posted the following apology on her YouTube channel:

Source

• Here is more or less what she said

Everyone… No matter how busy and tough they have it, those idols who want to date will do so secretly. After they’ve debuted for some time and they become seasoned in the industry, as long as their dating doesn’t cause a huge ruckus, I think agencies don’t really enforce control that much. They just say things along the lines of “don’t get caught.” But as for trainees, as you’re in the midst of preparing to debut, I’ve seen people get cut [because of it]. Interaction with other idols is more common than you think at music shows. First of all, during the first week of promotions, as you absolutely must go around giving your CDs to other singers, there are some who fall for each other then. Or, there’s a time when all the singers go to greet the PD after the show, and during that time, the idols all face each other in a long corridor. They could fall for each other then too. Or, as the idol industry is really small, most people know each other through someone at least. I think it’s more common where one person likes another and asks their mutual for an introduction. And of course, there’s the one place that can’t be left out. I think you guys all know this one. [ISAC]. I don’t have to say it but it’s already famous as a meeting spot for idols. That’s right. It’s a place where idols can meet. They exchange glances or notes with their numbers on it.
    Jin
  • this is actually fascinating lol

because the way I see it with how people complained about it

does those Knetz secretly want their favs to date?

because look she talked about it, they've bashed her, she took post down

so basically now all those music show spots, ISAC, and other things are "safe" again because people will forget it right away lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!