Will all 4th gen boy groups chart well like Txt now that the GP loves boy groups again?

• Like I say all the time, it depends on the music.

BUT one of the things that separate TXT from the other 4th gen boy groups, including ENHYPEN, is they had the GP on their side since debut.

Which I believe is because they came as the second group out of BigHit and was BTS juniors, so they were favored a little, which is why they tuned in for TXT releases and TXT was always able to chart on Melon.

Im sure some MOAs mention it, but Cant You See Me? charted at #5 on Melon which was big, giving their own fan base was still relatively small or only a decent size, so u can't say it was just the fans that got them there. And this was in 2020 when they were still fresh. But again, that leverage ahead they had from having that BTS connection.

Over time, they still charted on Melon, but not as high.

Fast forward now, Good Boy Gone Bad highest peak was at #39 on Melon.

And NOW with Sugar Rush Ride, their highest peak is #2 on Melon.

The point I'm making is, TXT was always favorable to the GP, even if it wasn't by a big amount, still, they were good.

So i wouldnt mix TXT too much, with the rest of the 4th gen boy groups tbh.

The other 4th gen boy groups music, TO ME, isn't as appealing either, minus ENHYPEN (I hate their recent Title tracks though in 2022).

Edited 2 times, last by SLIMEBABY ().

• ENHYPEN the only other 4th gen boy group that got a real chance, and that's if they go back to their concept and musical ability like their "Border : Carnival album".

If they can make another viral hit like " Polaroid Love" or have another pumped up Title track like "Drunk Dazed"...OR even a r&b sultry b-side like "Fever"..which is my favorite song by them till this DAY, then I can see them charting decently high on Melon.

Maybe not as high as TXT, but definitely at least around #50-#30 POSSIBLY.

Right now TXT is the exception.

Stray Kids their music TO ME, isn't all that and kinda too loud. So the only way I see them charting high on Melon is if their Korean fan base stream real hard. Other than that, I don't see the GP tuning in for their music, unless Stray Kids change their sound one day, and start doin Pop or something.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!