Song Battle - You & I (IU) vs Ditto (NewJeans)

• Which song will be recorded as more significant? 16

1. You & I (11) 69%
    2. Ditto (5) 31%

IU - You & I (2011)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

New Jeans - Ditto (2022)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I used the perf versions since they are shorter.

====

IU's You & I is comparable to the battle of Trafalgar, where Horatio Nelson destroyed the French ambitions to unite the Western world, while NewJeans' Ditto is like the Prussian victory of the Austrians at Sadowa in 1866, leading Europe into a long series of instability and eventually making Europe dominated by United States.

Both are after their first mega hit (hits in terms of NJ) to establish themselves.

IU's You & I defeated SNSD, the undisputed champion of the world at that time, advancing the domesticist who still has not contributed too much to the advancement of KPop to this day to the same league with SNSD and making her voice heard. It eventually led her to the status of Senior Singer, and her domestic control of digitals made her outlive BTS and would lead to a final showdown with - NewJeans.

NewJeans' Ditto entered the Billboard chart at #95 , the first 4th Generation act to do so, and did more than 100 million on Spotify. It ended all discussions about who will lead the 4th generation once for all, is leading its creator Min Heejin to much bigger things including possible control of all Hybe idols, and is making NewJeans the boss of KPop, leading to a showdown against the last remaining opponent against their domination, Lee Jieun.

Some people might say that while You & I are still performed and listened to (That song is linked with her subsequent song Above the Time so is unlikely to be removed from her future concerts for a while), but people outside of K-O-R-E-A do not care about it.

As far as the world is concerned, they prefer Ditto a lot more than You & I.

Still since both songs were very important for establishing their positions, they are worth comparing.

• OP the 9999 year old has lost a battle, how do you feel about that?

External Content twitter.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!