Dance/Performance Versions Better than the MV?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What else :pepestare:

• *taps chin*

External Content www.youtube.com

They Much Hotter lol

And of course these

• I'm a choreo nerd so while I appreciate the story in MVs, I always prefer to see the choreo in all its glory whenever possible because MV and music shows do horrible things to it. (Floorwork and jumps in particular get lost). This is part of why I like chooms so much.

The EXO Monster choreo is iconic and I love it just stripped of the story.

The Touch video is adorable but a lot of the cheeky choreo moments get lost, esp stuff like floor work, which always gets the chop. I like the choreo video version that shows it on a widescreen. (There's also an Asia spotlight choreo version but I think this widescreen one shows it better).

My First and Last is one of my fave Neo choreos. I don't particularly need to see teenage Dream crushing on their teacher. They're the strongest dance unit IMO in that the gaps aren't as large between members, I'd rather see them kill this choreo.

Ok, ok, last one. There are two Baby Don't Stop choreo versions. I like this one without the backup dancers. It's just two of NCT's best dancers showing off their skills and charisma without no frills. I just love to see these two dance. Their styles are so different but they work so well together.

Ok, ok, one more. The Sticker choreo is one of my faves and while I love the fever dream MV, it takes away from some pretty amazing choreo. I was super excited to see a Choom for it. I like the full focus version so you can see the whole choreo and appreciate stuff like 1:26-1:38. The flute adjusts to the tempo of Mark's rap. The dancers are all moving to the beat of the flute, tapping their feet and bending their knees in time to the flute, including a little leg shimmy when the flute shimmies (most dramatically by the two dancers framing Mark, Taeyong and Jaehyun). I didn't notice this until I watched the dance practice. It's such a small detail but so cool once you realize it. From this view you can also the speed and complexity of the formation changes. There's also always a lot of detail with hands and arms and small micro moves in Neo choreo. You sort of don't notice it until you're paying attention, which I don't always see in other choreos. This is why the chorus is so satisfying and feels so robust on screen.

I've timestamped the "flute feet" on the main Choom video and you see how much we're missing, even though this is meant to be a choreo-specific video. You don't see any of it. ;(

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I tend to prefer performance videos like studio choom`s because of the simplicity and quality. It helps me really take in the details of the choreo and I find that more invigorating than the visuals and other moments a normal mv (but those are lovely too ofc, it’s just not my preferred way to watch and listen to the song).

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• External Content www.youtube.com

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!