Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan shot at protest march

• Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan injured by gunfire at protest march
    Party official confirms former prime minister has been shot at a rally but is not in danger.
    www.aljazeera.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

While the assassin was shooting around, one young man wrestled the gun away from him and undoubtedly saved many lives

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• why am i getting this news from kpop site. Our army has gone mad. He is oppenly opposing them after they removed his government and he has majority of pakistani public behind him. Army is not letting the elections happen because they know he would win. thats why he was going for long march towards Islambad. Army is really dumb. I have never seen soo much hate like this against army in my 23 years. public used to love them. but now their reputation is in gutter

• External Content twitter.com

• video

• Smells like the CIA

naaah it is our own military. They despise him because its the first time in history that any politician has able to turn the public against them and he is openly opposing and exposing them. Just recently they killed a famous journalist because he was making a documentary against them.

• why am i getting this news from kpop site. Our army has gone mad. He is oppenly opposing them after they removed his government and he has majority of pakistani public behind him. Army is not letting the elections happen because they know he would win. thats why he was going for long march towards Islambad. Army is really dumb. I have never seen soo much hate like this against army in my 23 years. public used to love them. but now their reputation is in gutter

I wake up in the morning and read world news every day and sometimes huge events happen and I feel like sharing. Hope you're okay!

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I wake up in the morning and read world news every day and sometimes huge events happen and I feel like sharing. Hope you're okay!

thankyou. I was so shocked by seeing this thread. tbh I don't even support him because he is hell bent upon going against america in everything and is extra religious / use religion for his politics but goddamn this military, he was actually doing a lot better in reforming economic situation of the country but they removed him from government and now country's economy is in turmoil. Everything is a mess. Corruption is at alltime high. And military and current government are focusing on silencing people and killing journalists.

And most ironic thing is that every religious party is against him now and are siding with army. while majority of public is siding with imran. they also disqualified him from running in elections.

He is not perfect but tbh he is a relatively better choice for us at this time . I do hope that if he become able to elect , he actually do something about these generals and mullahs because they have eaten this country to the core.

• thankyou. I was so shocked by seeing this thread. tbh I don't even support him because he is hell bent upon going against america in everything and is extra religious / use religion for his politics but goddamn this military, he was actually doing a lot better in reforming economic situation of the country but they removed him from government and now country's economy is in turmoil. Everything is a mess. Corruption is at alltime high. And military and current government are focusing on silencing people and killing journalists.

And most ironic thing is that every religious party is against him now and are siding with army. while majority of public is siding with imran. they also disqualified him from running in elections.

He is not perfect but tbh he is a relatively better choice for us at this time . I do hope that if he become able to elect , he actually do something about these generals and mullahs because they have eaten this country to the core.

Why did they remove him from office? I'm trying to find information about this (all I can find is that he claims the United States requested it, which they dispute - but what was the reason given by his opponents?)

• Why did they remove him from office? I'm trying to find information about this (all I can find is that he claims the United States requested it, which they dispute - but what was the reason given by his opponents?)

well its messy. he was against USA and was leaning towards russia and he even visited russia just day before russia attacked ukraine. he said that he visited after consulting with military officials. His stance on whole situation was to not directly get involved in war and to get cheap oil from russia because oil prices were soaring in our country. More he had tendency to oppose America in literally everything. In conclusion, his foreign policy was really bad (I don't support his views regarding ukraine war at all).

Now our military (who is pro west and gain a lot of fundings from america every year in name of defense) enter into scenario, they did meetings with all the other political parties who joined hands and made a coalition of political parties called PDM. although his party has majority in parliment but all parties combine to vote against him and they also bribe 10 of his own party's leaders to vote against him in sennate and they ousted him.

I was actually against imran khan because of his twisted views and absolute idiotic foreign policies but then these idiots (PDM) came into government and destroyed the economy. inflation and corruption is at all time high. they keep on getting loans from IMF (imran payback a lot of IMF loan in his time) and worst thing is that 80% of public don't want them but they are not letting elections happen and also silencing journalists and news channels and also killing them e.g. arshad sharif

tbh I don't think a miracle would happen if he came into government, because he is dumb in some matters and has really conservative views but his opponents are making him look like a saint by acting like literal goons and also country's most of the educated public is with him right now and his party has many high qualified and educated people which other parties don't. In short he is only option for us right now but that does not make him perfect or all good.

• Why did they remove him from office? I'm trying to find information about this (all I can find is that he claims the United States requested it, which they dispute - but what was the reason given by his opponents?)

one thing more although PDM is combination of political parties, their strings are being pulled by our military, who has a long history of intervening in politics. There were also reports of them letting talibans entering into kpk province just to stir shit and produce fear (imran khan has government in that province) after we fought 8 years of war against terrorism and lost soo many lives.

All in all our army think themselves as above the law (which they are by the way) and they have control and influence in almost every institution of pakistan. They have housing schemes, large amount of land, factories, building projects and they don't let civilian institutions take charge of anything. most of our budget about more than 65% goes to them in the name of defense which they use to pull such tricks and control politics in the country.

one thing, during imrans early time of government army was supporting him heavily and many believe that he came into power by backing of army but in just two years, he somehow managed to alienate them somehow and it led to this.

people who are in government now by blessings of military were the ones opposing army during imran time but now imran is talking against them. difference is that public never listened and believed those people but public have some kind of blind faith in imran khan and after they ousted him by dirty tactics, he became some kind of hero. Now military don't know how to handle him because majority of public hates them and he is openly opposing them by taking names which was never even allowed in country.

in short, its full time circus, who knows if military again does some kind of agreement behind doors with him and he again became their favorite boy (which is likely not gonna happen. both sides have gone too far and public isreally angry)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!