I'm nervous now...

• Regarding the tracklist it's all but confirmed both songs are indeed full english tracks...

No news about US promotion nor radio impact date....Nothing

UMG hasn't even acknowledged it... Makes u think If the solos are not part of the deal YG inked with UMG/Interscope...it sure seems that way

She will get subpar playlisting by spotify since YG can't do shit lol

Since it's full english I don't know how she will do on korean charts now... There's enough blinks to propel it into top 10 but will the GP respond positively & keep it there or even reach #1?!

Idk...

I hope for the best & hopefully the song is a true pop banger cause the names have worked on really great songs ✔️

Wait... I just realized Joe Vince wasn't even on the credits lmaooooooo wtf

None of the tracks Rosie worked with Joe on made it here...

Instead YG bought a demo from western producers... That's a first?

• Official Post

It's full English? I still think it'll have some Korean, it wouldn't make sense to promote a fully English song on a Korean music show(since she's already confirmed for Inkigayo).

And even if it is fully English, will it really matter? Songs like Square(2017) and Dynamite did really well in Korea despite being 100% English. The song just needs to be good.

I am concerned for the Western promotion though, hopefully they announce something regarding that soon.

• It's full English? I still think it'll have some Korean, it wouldn't make sense to promote a fully English song on a Korean music show(since she's already confirmed for Inkigayo).

And even if it is fully English, will it really matter? Songs like Square(2017) and Dynamite did really well in Korea despite being 100% English. The song just needs to be good.

The credits lost basically SCREAMS full english lol

Well this is a debut so obviously it's a risky move also ice cream didn't perform well in korea

• UMG hasn't even acknowledged it... Makes u think If the solos are not part of the deal YG inked with UMG/Interscope...it sure seems that way

it isn’t, i fear.

rose is debuting as a solo act. this is NOT connected to blackpink in any way. i know a lot of blinks are seeing this as “blackpink adjacent” but it’s not.

in business terms, this is a whole separate artist. when discussing rose solo it’s “blackpink who?” blackpink is signed to them. rosie is not. she doesn’t get promo or distributions or radio or anything from them unless they do some separate contract for “rosé” because that is an entirely different entity from “blackpink”. they aren’t related. they aren’t connected. they have nothing to do with each other.

hopefully we can get surprised with some playlisting or something at least

• Official Post

The credits lost basically SCREAMS full english lol

Well this is a debut so obviously it's a risky move also ice cream didn't perform well in korea

tbf Ice Cream had no promotion in Korea. Rosie's going to go on a variety show and will be promoting on Inkigayo. But yeah, I do agree that debuting with a fully English song is risky especially since there's no info regarding Western promo and the album isn't even available in Western stores like Target.

Obviously she'll get horrible playlisting and radioplay since UMG/Interscope haven't done or said anything at this point but I'm not surprised. They were going to send Bet You Wanna out to radios but it was cancelled \:

• didnt jennie get playlisting?

• The Vince thing is so annoying. It pretty much means that something that Rose was working and writing herself was replaced by outsourced music that was then altered by Teddy and to keep fans happy they added Rose in the credits.

Yg at its best

• promo is eh either way yet there's more korean promotion (inkigayo and the variety show) than western. i think on the ground will have some korean...teddy probably translated some of the english parts into korean

• didnt jennie get playlisting?

yeah but that wasn’t necessarily through the label. it could’ve been yg, alone. or they could’ve signed a one-time contract for jennie promotions internationally for the release.

they didn’t have any other promo for her so i think maybe it was a one-time release contract (saves money for yg too, which we know they love lol)

• It'll be Korean.

YG fully bought TREASURE's 3rd title track from Western writers, see the interview below. They explain the process.

It's sort of a new thing YG has been trying lately. Outsourcing some of the music.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• The Vince thing is so annoying. It pretty much means that something that Rose was working and writing herself was replaced by outsourced music that was then altered by Teddy and to keep fans happy they added Rose in the credits.

Yg at its best

That's actually true

They worked on a few songs but they're nowhere to be found

• Wonder why YG is outsourcing now when they were so adamant about in-house releases only before..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!