story time! [Cravity related]

• This is gonna be a story post, so please take your time to read it. Also, this story sounds ironic, I know, but it isn't.

I was 14 when Cravity debuted. I remember not liking the debut, despite liking Break all the rules. I think it was heavily rushed. I was Amino with some online friends, one of them who used to be into X1 and therefore also became a fan of Cravity. I was really outspoken on Amino, and liked to voice my opinions. I probs became Cravity's biggest critic. Why? Tough love I guess. I desperately wanted to love Cravity because they did (and do) have a fanbase. And it wasn't the members' who rushed the debut. I didn't care when Cloud 9 got a MV, though I did warm up to it in the end.

Then their second album came out. Flame was okay. However when Ooh Aah was released I was head over heels!!!! I was heavily impressed! I remember watching a lot of music bank during 2020-2021, and whenever ooh aah was my eyes were glued! I couldn't care less for flame, ooh aah just stole my heart. Mix this with hot air balloon, a fucking classic, and the start of my love-hate relationship with cravity began. I was still a critic, but whenever cravity did something right, I definitely didn't overlook it.

Then my turn happened. I (ironically) loved it. I busted out loud during the chorus, it's that funny. Among the group in Amino, it became a running joke of "vroom vroom skrrt". I was nearly 15 I think, so it was a 14 year old joke. But it was a joke we all enjoyed. Cravity are easy to talk about you see, no matter if I hate or love them I could talk about their music days on end and I didn't (and still don't) even know the members!

I was 15 and in lockdown when gas pedal was released. Idk what happened, something in me triggered at gas pedal. Espeically when veni vidi vici was on the album and promoted as the b-side. I went on a rant about how bad it was. One of my amino friends (not the luvity) had a go at me about it, and due to my lack of understanding it lead to a huge break up of the group. There were no sides taken by the other friends, but we were the most active people on the amino. I'm gonna gloss over the details, but it one thing lead to another and I left Amino in guilt and shame from breaking up the whole group. I know it seems like this is just teenager shit, but for a teenager it hurt. I blamed it on gas pedal. It became a hate relationship only. Not that I showed that hatred openly, but I didn't look at cravity in the same light as I saw them with my turn, or hot air balloon, or cloud 9.

By adrenaline, I was already on allkpop. I left amino behind, and I changed myself. I lowered my standards, and I tried (am trying) to understand other people's perspectives or opinions on K-pop. So, I was surprised to see myself liking adrealine. Finally, cravity released a good title track! I listened to the album because the single was so good, but something in me still sat discontented and I made the conclusion that the album was not for me.

I think it was when conversation started happening again (mainly due to beyblade) that I took a closer look at cravity. I am now 16 and I've left what happened in the amino behind. I also made closure with some of my friends. I'm a happier person now; I'm not feeling the shame that I used to feel. Cravity cameback with (and are promoting) Party Rock. I listened to the title track: Shit rocks. A blogger I share similar tastes to said he enjoys the album and I was like "okay, if he likes it I probably will too." He wasn't wrong, the album is the strongest one Cravity has released so far. Something has clicked in me, you see. Idk if this will be a phase or something, but the light on cravity has changed. It's more bright, like a light shining from heaven. Whenever someone (that being beyblade, mostly) talked about them, I replied, depsite knowing nothing.

This has lead to tonight: 4th of October, 2022, AEDT. I realized I haven't actually listened to their b-sides so I've been listening to Cravity's albums. Their debut isn't that good, but their second and third album are. I'm starting to understand them, appreciate them. This is what I have wanted since their debut, and what realization I had in ooh aah. I like them, I maybe love them. There's been this running joke of me being a closeted luvity by my irls, but I think I'm coming out of the closet now. It took forever, and it'll still be a process of actually becoming one, but I'm starting to accept that this love-hate relationship is turning into a love relationship.

Am I still gonna make fun of them? Absolutely I make fun of every fave, including golcha. But I'm happy that this haterd has finally come to an end. I'm finally content with Cravity.

Moral of the story is to understand, or at least try to. And that I'm a clown :pepe-clown-gear: Sorry about this long post, I've been holding this inside and I feel like since Cravity got another win it inspired me to write this. Also idk if the K-lounge is the right section for this post; If any mod wants to move this post to the lounge or something similar that is okay. Anyways thanks for reading <<3

• I think it’s great that while what a group puts out isn’t for you, it challenges you. It’s… I think it’s why I am gravitating towards groups that really push their concepts and musicality a lot or do something that I find kind of interesting and has potential (And consequently moved away from groups that don’t really do that)… it makes me think about their music and gives them better longevity.

In other words, cravity is giving you an experience, and I think that’s valuable.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I think it’s great that while what a group puts out isn’t for you, it challenges you. It’s… I think it’s why I am gravitating towards groups that really push their concepts and musicality a lot or do something that I find kind of interesting and has potential (And consequently moved away from groups that don’t really do that)… it makes me think about their music and gives them better longevity.

In other words, cravity is giving you an experience, and I think that’s valuable.

Ngl it's really boring to just stan a group that has 'good/perfect' music. I used to say music first when getting into a group, and I still do, but no group is perfect. All groups will be a frustrating at one point. After I accepted that lowered my standards, I got into golcha. Is their music perfect? Far from it, but they have replayable albums, the members have great chemistry together, and the bad songs they have made are comical!

Is cravity one of the most frustrating groups in K-pop ever? Yes. But I'm gonna learn to deal with that frustration and actually get to know them more instead of spamming "vroom vroom skrrt" all the time.

• Ngl it's really boring to just stan a group that has 'good/perfect' music. I used to say music first when getting into a group, and I still do, but no group is perfect. All groups will be a frustrating at one point. After I accepted that lowered my standards, I got into golcha. Is their music perfect? Far from it, but they have replayable albums, the members have great chemistry together, and the bad songs they have made are comical!

Is cravity one of the most frustrating groups in K-pop ever? Yes. But I'm gonna learn to deal with that frustration and actually get to know them more instead of spamming "vroom vroom skrrt" all the time.

I agree that no band will always make music you like so you shouldn't always expect that, but I disagree it's boring to follow groups that always make music you like. I think it's way better when you actually actively like most of their comebacks, instead of the majority of the time feeling disappointed but only following it because it's by your fave group. IDK but the latter experience makes it feel kind of sad to be a fan like "Yeah, I like Cherry Bullet but I haven't liked their material since 2019, but I'm still following them hoping to feel excited by their music again". For me considering yourself a fan while finding the group's music OK or maybe 50% hit-or-miss, feels a little bit like clinging on because of 1 good song in the past, or only giving it a chance because I like the members.

• Ngl it's really boring to just stan a group that has 'good/perfect' music. I used to say music first when getting into a group, and I still do, but no group is perfect. All groups will be a frustrating at one point. After I accepted that lowered my standards, I got into golcha. Is their music perfect? Far from it, but they have replayable albums, the members have great chemistry together, and the bad songs they have made are comical!

Yeahh! It definitely sounds very much... idk experiential. Like, it's journey and you get to discover new things. And that kind of surprises can be fun.

Like, I think I relate to you with my current experience with Billlie and NMIXX. Do I like all their music? No. I don't like Ringx3, Patbingsu, and from NMIXX, I don't like O.O, but... they do such interesting things in my eyes. I see potential with them, and for now, I'm going on a journey with them. It's fun.

idk about NMIXX if I'll stick with them longterm, but I think Billlie has me.... I need to actually commit and learn about the members. I can recognize 5 of them point blank. Can't solo stan Tsuki and Sheon forever lol

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Yeahh! It definitely sounds very much... idk experiential. Like, it's journey and you get to discover new things. And that kind of surprises can be fun.

Like, I think I relate to you with my current experience with Billlie and NMIXX. Do I like all their music? No. I don't like Ringx3, Patbingsu, and from NMIXX, I don't like O.O, but... they do such interesting things in my eyes. I see potential with them, and for now, I'm going on a journey with them. It's fun.

idk about NMIXX if I'll stick with them longterm, but I think Billlie has me.... I need to actually commit and learn about the members. I can recognize 5 of them point blank. Can't solo stan Tsuki and Sheon forever lol

Nmixx absolutely has something to them, though I don't think of them as passionately as I do with Cravity. Their concept can work, they just need the right producers.

And it's great to know it isn't just me who can have a rocky (?) relationship with idol's music. As you said, it's an experience!

• I agree that no band will always make music you like so you shouldn't always expect that, but I disagree it's boring to follow groups that always make music you like. I think it's way better when you actually actively like most of their comebacks, instead of the majority of the time feeling disappointed but only following it because it's by your fave group. IDK but the latter experience makes it feel kind of sad to be a fan like "Yeah, I like Cherry Bullet but I haven't liked their material since 2019, but I'm still following them hoping to feel excited by their music again". For me considering yourself a fan while finding the group's music OK or maybe 50% hit-or-miss, feels a little bit like clinging on because of 1 good song in the past, or only giving it a chance because I like the members.

I probs didn't word this properly. I meant more when the artist has the same sound, not concept, but sound and does nothing to change up the sound. Agreed though.

• Nmixx absolutely has something to them, though I don't think of them as passionately as I do with Cravity. Their concept can work, they just need the right producers.

And it's great to know it isn't just me who can have a rocky (?) relationship with idol's music. As you said, it's an experience!

Yeah I know people don't like Dice here, but I legit saw growth from O.O. I think they'll go somewhere tbh

Yup! And there is value in that! Many ways to experience music! 8)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!