When you debut and your first TV-apearance is 3 years later

• The Japanese boygroup Black Iris had their first TV-apearance today by performing on PLAYLIST and the member wrote on Twitter they were super happy to finally being able to perform on TV since they thought this would never ever happen to them since they are a underrated group and thought not even their new company would help them to get onto TV (They got signed to Pony Canyon this year after they debuted in 2019)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wish I could understand Japanese

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Shohei's dream came true, he was super exicted to have been on TV so he tried to watch the filming of when he apeared on TV and he was super thankfull for having apeard on the show

• The Japanese boygroup Black Iris had their first TV-apearance today by performing on PLAYLIST and the member wrote on Twitter they were super happy to finally being able to perform on TV since they thought this would never ever happen to them since they are a underrated group and thought not even their new company would help them to get onto TV (They got signed to Pony Canyon this year after they debuted in 2019)

quick question my friend

is the jpop industry as ruthless as the kpop industry - like there are top groups and the rest are nugus/less successful groups that will eventually disband?

• quick question my friend

is the jpop industry as ruthless as the kpop industry - like there are top groups and the rest are nugus/less successful groups that will eventually disband?

More or less yeah but besides a few companies who almost only have top artists, people either do not give a fuck about companies and their group's popularity or just cry when a top company isn't top anymore when they fuck up with their curent artists or people just care for single artists they like and ignore their company

If companies would really work like they do in Korea and the so called top companies Sony, Universal, Warner, Avex and Johnny's would all only have top-acts but in reality all of these outside of Johnny's either have only a small number of top acts or lost their fame over the years and have almost no top acts anymore

That's most likly it

• More or less yeah but besides a few companies who almost only have top artists, people either do not give a fuck about companies and their group's popularity or just cry when a top company isn't top anymore when they fuck up with their curent artists or people just care for single artists they like and ignore their company

If companies would really work like they do in Korea and the so called top companies Sony, Universal, Warner, Avex and Johnny's would all only have top-acts but in reality all of these outside of Johnny's either have only a small number of top acts or lost their fame over the years and have almost no top acts anymore

That's most likly it

so I know a tiny bit about some of the GG in japan re AKB due to the izone members so like groups like black iris would be considered nugu in japan?

and the only way for them to increase their popularity would be something similar to kpop either release a viral song or have one or more members go viral?

• and the only way for them to increase their popularity would be something similar to kpop either release a viral song or have one or more members go viral?

Not really

MADKID for example has a few popular songs trought anime. Their song RISE has over 36 million streams on Spotify, but outside of those nobody gives a fuck about the group's existence, sadly, not even the other things some member do help them. Yuki from MADKID for example also works as model and helped to translated the last ATEEZ-album into Japanese but nobody really cares in Japan.

Than there is for example Naniwa Danshi who became a top group just for being signed with Johnny's Entertainment and however their member Shunsuke is also pretty famous (mostly by young teenager girls).

It also dosn't really counts if you are a survival show group. Sure JO1 and INI are famous and sold a crap ton of CDs, but that only happend due to how famous Produce 101 is and BE:FIRST also only got so famous cause the CEO of their company is a famous rapper, but survival show groups like NIK are very unpopular in Japan, especially since its a no-name show from a KPop-artist that got unpopular in Japan (since he had a illegal gambling scnadal) and the group also poorly promotes themself (They delayed their debut for too long since COVID happend, than debuted in Korea, spend 3 months in Korea, everyone mistook them for a random KPop-act and as they debuted in Japan they did compared to Korea nothing outside of concerts, since in Korea they were on all music shows and even a lot radio shows but they did nothing in Japan)

And than there are artists who randomly made it to fame but often very randomly or cause they switched companies. Official HIGE DANdism is a good example. They only became famous cause people wondered "who is this random band that won on MTV music award?" and in the next year their song PRETENDER became the most famous song of the year in Japan.

• hmmm...interesting

thanks for that mate appreciate it

• This group is still behind Aimer (I have a thread on her in the JPOP Artist section), who debuted in 2011 and didn't reveal her face or make a TV appearance until 2016 -- full 5 years after her debut. She's still super private too.

I learned Japanese because I fell in love with anime and JPOP in the 80's. I was so fluent when I was living and working there but now that I left Japan, it's a bit rusty but I can still hold basic conversations and still understand TV/songs 90%

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!