mr queen is the one the cringiest thing i have ever seen in my life

• the chinese version was suppose to be cheap looking. they had an extremely low budget so the director had to get creative and that resulted in one episode of them just promoting a pill ad that was willing to sponser them LOOL. The whole show and the audience knew how bad the budget was.

I can't say much about the male actors but the female lead was pretty good and I'm happy the drama did really well (Like so well the government had to ban it) and the lead actors got recognition for it.

Is it the best story/plot line/ dialogue I have ever seen? No but it had it's quirky ness and it told a story that was quite refreshing considering the gender-bending/ time travel/ humor which MANY dramas have started to copy off of.

Which is better? I planned to watch it since I liked Chinese "Go, go princess" or w.e. was the name.

• is it really bad? I have it on my to-watch list. I will watch it when I am in the mood for comedy

Trust me, it's not, it's the opposite. From episode 3 it's starts to be flawless, watching it in real time was torture. On mydramalist i think it has 9.0 rating which means many really liked it. But then that infamous and controversial last 30 minutes...

• Which is better? I planned to watch it since I liked Chinese "Go, go princess" or w.e. was the name.

Decide for yourself :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I'm on phone i have no idea how to time stamp it so watch from 8:10 to see the male's lead armor : /

Screenshot-2021-03-06-02-08-01-656-com-google-android-youtube.jpg

• lostatsea help me here. :pepe-life-support:

I'm here to back you up :pepe-excited:

I can see why someone would say it's terrible after watching only the first episode cause I didn't enjoy it too, it seemed cheesy and cringey in the worst possible way and I disliked the chef actor. But it gets so much better later on when the plot is fully settled in the Joseon dynasty! The acting of the FL is top notch, everyone has great chemistry with each other and even the supporting characters are nicely fleshed out. Granted, the humour can be hit or miss but it actually gets much less comedic towards the end.

The ending was very bittersweet but I had zero expectations for a fully happy ending :pepe-comfy:

Let Me Shine Bright 

4cfec65d8f2ca1e10d2992f8538ac5a70f371b16.gifv 41044baf21b673edaead3ab264714cfafe489aeb.gifv 330ae6c6236e9f54e2a629bf61728a4f2a08a326.gifv

• romance of tiger and rose is really good!!

Have you watched love and redemption?

:pepe-excited:

I checked and i didn't watch it. There's no way I'm going to watch a 60 episode tv show. : D And i think it has a sad ending, no? :/

lostatsea

Imagine saying mr queen is terrible. It's just tasteless people being tasteless.

I don't want to spoil anything but in your opinion did both characters got sad endings, or only one or was it a happy-ish ending?

To me it's the 2nd option. I think any other ending would be cruel for that character. There was a way to give everyone a happy ending and not make it controversial but script writter didn't even try.

Also, you have many posts and this is the first time i see you :/ and I'm sure you see me for the first time too :) you are either sticking to exo guild or we aren't interested in same topics. I avoid any drama and you won't find me there, in fact, lately i spend more time in this section then the one i registered for lol

• You should watch it I thought it was really good. It had a happy ending don’t worry but there’s quite a few angst scenes towards mid-end but the beginning is sooo sweet and cute

• You should watch it I thought it was really good. It had a happy ending don’t worry but there’s quite a few angst scenes towards mid-end but the beginning is sooo sweet and cute

But, but, but 60 episodes :cryingr:

Okay, i might give it a try since it got a happy ending but the quality of dubbing will be crucial. Some shows i dropped after 5 minutes because i couldn't bare it : l

• It's just not realistic. :pepe-popcorn:

I think it was more or less sad for the both of them but I also couldn't see it ending any other way tbh. I'm gonna put it under a spoiler cause it's hard not to give away anything lol

Yeah I mainly hang out in the guild or exo related threads in the k-lounge. I honestly can't be bothered with any drama and try to stay as far away from the fanwars as possible :oops: it's nice to meet you though and I'm sure we'll be seeing each other here cause I've been catching up on kdramas :claps:

Let Me Shine Bright 

4cfec65d8f2ca1e10d2992f8538ac5a70f371b16.gifv 41044baf21b673edaead3ab264714cfafe489aeb.gifv 330ae6c6236e9f54e2a629bf61728a4f2a08a326.gifv

• It's just not realistic. :pepe-popcorn:

I think it was more or less sad for the both of them but I also couldn't see it ending any other way tbh. I'm gonna put it under a spoiler cause it's hard not to give away anything lol

Yeah I mainly hang out in the guild or exo related threads in the k-lounge. I honestly can't be bothered with any drama and try to stay as far away from the fanwars as possible :oops: it's nice to meet you though and I'm sure we'll be seeing each other here cause I've been catching up on kdramas :claps:

when i said happy ending i meant satisfying, none of them got a happy ending.

yes, i have lots of thought and none of them are happy :D

hello, hello :)

• i messed up my previous post so in case you didn't get a notif, here's another one : D

@lostatsea

I liked it even though I dont really like watching period dramas. The ending isnt that great but the show overall is quite fun.

i also don't watch period dramas but this one didn't have that feel, that's why i liked it. there was no usual, endless politics that bores me to death, it felt modern, maybe due to mr queen's modern jokes. romance, humor, and politics were very well balanced. i never got bored or fast-forwarded any scene.

•   Let Me Shine Bright 

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!