Recommend me a song from the 80s and I'll tell you what I think

• So since this week is homecoming week, we have Spirit Week where we can dress up to different themes.

And today was Throwback Thursday, meaning you can wear outfits inspired by any time period in the past.

There were a lot of different outfits including pirates, and outfits inspired by 1700s America, but most people dressed in outfits inspired by the late 1900s/early 2000s.

I decided to dress up as if I was from the '80s, which most people did because it's both fun and easy, and my friend who was also dressed up as she came straight out of the '80s as well and we played songs from the '80s while we did our work (we shared earbuds).

So since I'm in an '80s mood and I have a bunch of '80s songs stuck in my head at once, recommend me songs from the '80s. They can be some of the most popular songs that are still very well known today (there are a lot of them) or songs that maybe aren't that heard of nowadays. Completely up to you.

Now gimme! Hopefully, this doesn't flop because this isn't K-POP (though your song recs don't have to be from the '80s in America...they can be Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French...whatever. I just ask that they're from the '80s.)

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Can't go wrong with Journey:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

and thats all
    :pepe-mirror-glare:

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

(lol I just recomend 80s music in the German language)

• Can't go wrong with Journey:

Now this song is incredible! Journey has amazing, timeless songs and this one is definitely one that I recognized easily from the moment it played.

I love this style of music from the '80s, for some reason, all of these songs ended up being inspiring and epic with choruses and beat drops that just got you exhilarated with adrenaline.

Definitely a 10/10. Heck, if I'd make an '80s playlist just so I can add this song.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Even though I have no idea what they're saying (I've sung German a few times in the past, mostly for Choir), it's a pretty good song. It's mellow but the guitar solo makes everything perfect. :pleading:

I think the chorus melody has the possibility of staying stuck in my head...I also like the pre-chorus closing into the chorus, the sort of shouting part. It really makes this song feel alive.

Not what I'm used to from this decade but it's a decent song! I'll give it a 7/10. :joy: :)

• Even though I have no idea what they're saying (I've sung German a few times in the past, mostly for Choir), it's a pretty good song. It's mellow but the guitar solo makes everything perfect. :pleading:

I think the chorus melody has the possibility of staying stuck in my head...I also like the pre-chorus closing into the chorus, the sort of shouting part. It really makes this song feel alive.

Not what I'm used to from this decade but it's a decent song! I'll give it a 7/10. :joy: :)

The song is about a guy who's parents have friends that have a daughter. He sings that he knows that girl since he was little and never felt anything for her till he figured out he got a crush on her

"tousand times touched, tousand times felt nothing, tousand and one night, and than it sparked"

• Even though I have no idea what they're saying (I've sung German a few times in the past, mostly for Choir), it's a pretty good song. It's mellow but the guitar solo makes everything perfect. :pleading:

Here's another good iconic one:

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

and thats all
    :pepe-mirror-glare:

Interesting...let's start with the positive.

I have a feeling that this chorus will get stuck in my head. If I listen to it a few more times, it's a sure bet LOL. It's pretty mellow but I like the overall vibe it gives.

However, I don't think it's my style. It gives me country music vibes and I never really was a huge fan of country music. Not a bad song, it's just not really my style :pleading:

I'll rate it a 4.5/10. :joy: :)

(lol I just recomend 80s music in the German language)

This one was interesting! It was very fun, I'll admit :yesr:

I wasn't a huge fan of the sound of the instrumental but for some reason, I also liked it. In a way where it goes well with this song but I don't know how well it would sound with other songs if that makes sense. It's really repetitive though, which I'm usually not a fan of. I like instrumental variation.

But it's a fun song, I feel like I want to dance to it :pepemusic:

The part where they do that sort of chant back and forth to end the post-chorus is really fun. And I like that sort of electric guitar solo, especially that part where it starts low and goes high really quickly :pleading:

• External Content youtu.be

• 80s huh?

• External Content youtu.be

• As for OP, i can probably give you 1000 songs from the 80s to listen to and evaluate, i could easily make this the longest thread ever on AKP with my 80s recommendations lol. I still cant believe 80s are considered "oldies" nowadays ;( , i remember when i was a kid and oldies were referencing literal 50s or even big band music ;( .

Enough ranting, here is my first recommendation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!