Showing concern over idols starving themselves really wont change anything?

• you know why?

Idols always peak in popularity, both among ifans and especially kfans, for their visuals when they are at their thinnest

no matter how obvious it is that they starved themselves, those pictures of side profiles with defined jaws ( and usually idols dont have super sharp faces ) will get the clicks and downloads

so even though EVERYONE is aware of whats bad for health, the motivating to starve is simply much stronger

celebrities can live off of praise and validation instead of food, it is their job after all, especially idols who care more about their looks than their skills

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Uee is a counter example to this

She got alot of attention when she had more muscles, her honey thights were trending everyday. She lost tons of weight dieting, and people didn't really like her new visuals as much.

I also think Ryujin looked better when she was a couple of size bigger. Her wannabe look was superior.

Not everyone looks better the skinnier they are

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tbh the pressure to lose weight is highly ingrained in the industry.

Idols are called fat if they’re even slightly bigger than what’s expected. We even saw it happen on talent shows where the likes of YG called young girls fat.

Idols are praised when they’re skinny regardless of how they got their even if that includes an unhealthy weight loss regime.

Idols are always pitted against each looks wise and that can have negative effect on them to forcibly change including surgery

So even if fans or concerned onlookers have their opinions on losing weight it won’t change because there’s a much bigger emphasis on weight lose that goes beyond just looking good for cameras.

• Yea I've always had a crush on Uee. Going back to when I watched her in her Birdie Buddy kdrama back in the day.

She used to get a lot of attention around her visuals. She's struggled with some kind of eating disorder and really deteriorated for awhile. There was a point I was pretty worried for her. She didn't look healthy. But she's since gotten back to a more normal weight I think but has never gained back to that earlier standard.

I wish she would. She's so pretty a little heavier. It brings out her features.

But yeah, long story short. Like you I think it depends. On the idol and their body type and image. Like Wonyoung probably does fit the OP criteria because a lot of her stans and the attention around her is on her sort of delicate perfect slender proportions image. So I think despite many (me included) thinking she could gain some weight, I think her core base provides an incentive that trumps people like us.

But for others, it's different. It depends.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!