My handwriting when I decided to stop writing in cursive

• This thread is pretty random, but when I was younger, I used to write in cursive for school and stuff.

I had this habit of writing it after I learned to write it in school. I guess that we learned it to make our handwriting seem neater.

I did find my cursive handwriting pretty neat and preferred to use that style of writing.

I found the other style a bit too ugly, when I wrote it. And I think I had this problem of having the words look like they were "merged together" (or how to describe it), like I could write "he liked apples" and it would look like "he likedap ples"

One con of it was that when we had to do dictations, I was a bit too slow. Like when I made a spelling mistake while writing or if I didn't find that specific letter that pretty, I would sometimes end up erasing almost an entire word. (but now I think of it, fixing the mistake is probably more for after you had done the dictation. Unfortunately, I have learned this lesson too late...)

Some years later, I had been told that I should stop writing in cursive.

I can't remember why they told me to stop.

I remember though that I felt a bit sad and was thinking "now I have to write with ugly letters?"

Here I was writing in a mix of cursive and what I think people consider "normal writing"

This is just me writing a few really short stories at a writing course. It was more like some kind of writing exercise, where we had to quickly write stuff that were on our minds.

395a21be1ecd97b42d8de85bff74d61e.jpg

Well... there are letters here that you might never have seen before like the "ð", which is in my native language's alphabet.

Now a days I seldomly use cursive, unless I'm writing my signature.

• wow nice handwriting

Edited once, last by TomFerna ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!