[instiz] MY GIRLFRIEND IS SO SH*TTY I WANT TO BREAK UP WITH HERㅋㅋ

• [instiz] MY GIRLFRIEND IS SO SH*TTY I WANT TO BREAK UP WITH HERㅋㅋ

bypannchoaApril 19, 2022
    My title sounds dumbfounding right? This is how much I want to break up with her. But I'm going crazy right now.

First of all, whenever we go to restaurants, it takes us 1 hour to eat. You think that this isn't much? This is the time she takes to finish her jjajangmyeon...I eat that in 10 minutes? Seriously I'm not even joking, she eats noodle string by noodle string and almost chews it until it becomes liquid in her mouth before swallowing... And what about when we go to Korean BBQ? I need to foresee 2 hours.

But actually, going to restaurants is better. If we're home, she seriously drives me mad. My girlfriend cooks and I do the dishes. But she never stops eating... She eats one spoonful of rice and looks at her phone for 10 minutes. Then eats another spoonful of rice and watches the TV, then eats another spoonful of rice and suddenly, she starts unboxing the package that arrived... I seriously need to wait forever until I can do the dishes. It's so frustrating I feel like dying.

Did I try talking it out with her? Of course I told her. But when she was young, her parents were earning dual-income so her eating habits have been caught up like this. She said she can't help it. No but she's not even thinking about fixing it. She eats so slowly. You can do that, but you don't have to be doing other things while eating right? But she says that just eating is tiring her so she can't maintain the eating for a long time... She doesn't even have adult ADHD... We even tried to test for it... I nag about her eating everyday... But I wonder if I'm more of a boyfriend or a dad... Ah seriously I want to break up... ㅜ I bet there's nobody out there who breaks up with people with this reason.

original post: here

1. Even if they were my kids, I'll never tolerate this kind of eating habit. I'll throw a rage fit if I ate with her

2. Whenever I talk about losing my appetite when I eat, this is what I refer too... People who have experienced it would know. Once you eat with someone like that, you'll lose all appetite to eat

3. Ugh just reading your post makes me anxious
    Eating with people like these is the worst... I would understand if you decided to break up with her.
    Actually, it's over the moment you start eating with your significant other and they start annoying you with just the way they eat... You don't need others to understand you

4. You guys will have to eat together for the rest of your lifeㅠ I think it's just better to break up

5. Me too I'm a slow eater so this stresses me outㅠ
    You need to date people who have similar eating habits as youㅠㅠ
    ㅋㅋㅋㅋ And stop pretending to eat for people around youㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. You can't get by society if you eat like that...; I usually eat in about 15-20minutes. Sigh just reading your post makes me so frustrated. It doesn't seem like she wants to fix her habit either. Seriously the only answer here would be breaking up

7. Taking one hour to eat jjajangmyeonㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I totally understand OP being turned off, you have a satisfactory reason to be turned off

8. Wow me too I'm a slow water but I'm not this bad. No but even if this is her habit, she's making others uncomfortable so she can't even try to fix it? Of course you can watch your phone while eating... But starting to undo the delivery boxes is just too much... Why is she like that?

9. Just break up!

Ah this rips me apart. Can't she even try at least? What does she do when she eats with her friends? If my friend ate like that I'd hate to even eat with them in the future

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Then just break up with her then.

Did you really have to write this post trashing her? It's not like she did anything humanly wrong. She just eats ridiculously slow. But, yeah, you guys are done for. If her eating drives you that crazy, there's no coming back from that.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• Super serious relationship problems. Really. So serious.

If her eating slowy is enough for you to breakup you probably never liked her that much to begin with. Which is fine, all relationships aren't meant to last. But then you should go ahead and break up with her, don't just whine about it.

Wonder how the girl finishes her lunch in time. Most lunch breaks are tops 1 hour, often shorter.

• Maybe she was a latch-key kid? I don't know if you know that term.

But, that's the only thing I could come up with.

Haha no I had to google it.

But I suppose that could be it. If you grew up eating alone a lot it would make sense that you go at your own pace. Though she's obviously an extreme case

• I don't like people who wolf down their food in 5 min. I probably cant date someone who eats too quickly. If they inhale their food and stare at me eating mine for the next 30 min will give me anxiety.

That being said, I also dont like people who use their phone while eating.

I just like to eat camly enjoying my food.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Then just break up with her then.

Did you really have to write this post trashing her? It's not like she did anything humanly wrong. She just eats ridiculously slow. But, yeah, you guys are done for. If her eating drives you that crazy, there's no coming back from that.

That's basically reddits relationship advice. People write posts trashing their partners when the solution is to just break up.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's basically reddits relationship advice. People write posts trashing their partners when the solution is to just break up.

LMAO, true. I know as someone who used to frequent dating subreddits a lot.

But honestly. I would never shit talk my partner for the reddit vultures to drag them. Some people post things legitimately looking for advice and defend their partner when reddit starts attacking them. This person started a full on attack out of the gate.

• Hmmm... this is actually something that people with eating disorders do to minimize their food intake, tried doing that in middle school. Not sure if she has issues or is just annoying

Wow. I had no idea.

That could be true too. I can't imagine eating this way at every single meal. I mean, at some point, you have to be legitimately hungry to the point you only want to focus on the food.

But then again, there are all kinds of people in the world. I have a friend whose body medically has issues processing food, so she eats small portions. Like 2 and a half chicken tenders and she's full, but she also eats them at a normal pace. So, who knows honestly.

It's definitely not normal, but the OP could be exaggerating due to being so annoyed.

• LMAO, true. I know as someone who used to frequent dating subreddits a lot.

But honestly. I would never shit talk my partner for the reddit vultures to drag them. Some people post things legitimately looking for advice and defend their partner when reddit starts attacking them. This person started a full on attack out of the gate.

The thing in the vaccume or in your own head it could sound crazy and shallow. So he probably it built up till he exploded.

Like if you tell your friends you broke with your gf over how long it took them to eat they will probably think you belong in the loonies bins.

People underestimate how important life style compatibility is. Uncompatible eating or sleeping habits could definitely be deal breakers.

• The thing in the vaccume or in your own head it could sound crazy and shallow. So he probably it built up till he exploded.

Like if you tell your friends you broke with your gf over how long it took them to eat they will probably think you belong in the loonies bins.

People underestimate how important life style compatibility is. Uncompatible eating or sleeping habits could definitely be deal breakers.

Yes. Honestly, I agree with them.

Her eating habits would annoy me too, and I would probably want to break up with her. But calling her a shitty person, and screaming how you want to break up is a bit much. Like, no one's stopping you? It's okay to vent your frustrations, but there's a limit before you actually start looking like the asshole instead.

• Yes. Honestly, I agree with them.

Her eating habits would annoy me too, and I would probably want to break up with her. But calling her a shitty person, and screaming how you want to break up is a bit much. Like, no one's stopping you? It's okay to vent your frustrations, but there's a limit before you actually start looking like the asshole instead.

I mean he is definitely an asshole

He knows he doesn't want to be with her but still sticking around

My guess is that having sex available is why he can't cut the cord

the way some people torture themselves and others for sex is just comical at this level

• you know, when you take your time chewing food you actually feel full faster. This is because often you don't need the huge portion you put for yourself, so taking your time reduces food intake in that way. I'm concerned that OP cares more about himself and how he feels than his own partners well being. Then again, you might be right about over exaggeration playing a role

Pretty interesting bit about your friend :eyes:

Yeah. She has a few medical issues going.

Some of them also affect her reproductive ability, and she gets sick pretty easily. Her parents and her have gone to a few doctors about it. It's a bit of mental trauma for her. But, I think she's doing better now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!