Bts Maknae line popularity ranking

• Who is the most popular overall 50

1. Taehyung (15) 30%
    2. Jimin (5) 10%
    3. Jungkook (30) 60%

So I've seen this being debated for years now and in my opinion the ranking has also changed throughout the years so I wanted to give my opinion on how bts popularity ranks globally as well as in Korea as we kick off 2021. This is based on all the end of year date that came out at the end of 2021. Feel free to disagree respectfully. If you're a Stan just coming to be offended then please don't interact.

Globally/overall

1. Jungkook

2.Taehyung

3. Jimin

Asia

1. Taehyung

2,.Jungkook

3. Jimin

korea

Taehyung

Jimin

Jungkook

America

1.Jungkook

2. jimin and Taehyung

When I say Asia I mainly mean Japan, China and Korea where I think Taehyung ranks first

Jungkook is first overall based on pretty much every global chart I've seen

Jimin is a solid third but is still leagues away in terms of popularity for anyone that comes after these three. I know a lot of people put Jimin at number 1 in Korea and I do think him and V are close there but I think Taehyung slightly edged him out in popularity there in 2020.

Though it's not the purpose of the thread I'd place Suga in 4th, Jin 5th, J-hope 6th and Rm 7th.

• In Korea it goes, Jimin > Jungkook > Taehyung but the rest is accurate.

I was basing it on the fact that Taehyung topped the poll for most searched male idol on google and never for Korea this year I think. I remember seeing some pain articles and Taehyung ranked first for 2020 for all of them among male idols.

• I was basing it on the fact that Taehyung topped the poll for most searched male idol on google and never for Korea this year I think. I remember seeing some pain articles and Taehyung ranked first for 2020 for all of them among male idols.

how can you make onions cry

• agree with most of your points. there is also a big gap i noted for japan and china where tae>>>>>>>>>>the rest. in korea, seems like v and jungkook is neck and neck at times after jimin.

Yeah I've noticed that Asian fans seem to prefer Taehyung. I think he most fits Asian beauty standards of the three(though I find them all good looking)

• I was basing it on the fact that Taehyung topped the poll for most searched male idol on google and never for Korea this year I think. I remember seeing some pain articles and Taehyung ranked first for 2020 for all of them among male idols.

But Jimin has been the highest ranking male idol on Gallup for years, no? I would say he has the edge over V but all of them are super popular in Korea.

• But Jimin has been the highest ranking male idol on Gallup for years, no? I would say he has the edge over V but all of them are super popular in Korea.

I wanted the list to be accurate to now and there wasn't a Gallup poll for individual celebrities for 2020 so I used other statistics I saw. Jimin being first wouldn't be surprising but I wanted to do it based on data.

• Jimin is third almost everywhere on all charts. Taehyung is first one in Asia, Jungkook is first in the west, the two are second where they are not first. Globally, JK and Tae seem almost equal, JK might be ahead by a tiny margin.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I do personally think that JK is the most popular. Which isn't surprising, he is the face of the group overall.

Then Jimin and Taehyung are neck-to-neck. You can see it in most polls, from what I see on the different charts on twitter.

• Taehyung has the most fancam views, most liked posts on instagram and twitter, neck to neck with Jungkook on google search trends.

Jungkook is the most searched on tiktok,google and youtube with taehyung really close to him on google trends.

Overall, I would say Taehyung is the most popular based on my observations on various social media where engagements for Taehyung is consistently higher. Jungkook is a close second. Jimin is at 3rd place,Suga 4th, Jin 5th, Jhope 6th and RM at 7th place.

• For what it’s worth, I don’t see people mentioning this a lot but JK’s BE #StayConnected vlog became the most viewed among all their BE vlogs on YouTube within just 2 days last year despite being half an hour long. It’s not a be-all, end-all metric, of course lol, but I’ve noticed some solo stans on Twitter and Reddit tend to downplay his popularity for some reason even though he’s part of the maknae line and he has stats backing him up on many platforms. Some have outright lied about about his popularity on TikTok by saying his tags are mostly taken up by Running Man Jongkook videos and a non-existent Jongkook from i-Land when it was actually the opposite.

Anyways, I digress, I agree with OP but I still think that Jimin’s #1 in Korea. Google searches are one thing but Jimin also has more GP recognition there as shown in Gallup polls and his BTS solos consistently doing well on Korean charts.

• Taehyung has the most fancam views, most liked posts on instagram and twitter, neck to neck with Jungkook on google search trends.

Jungkook is the most searched on tiktok,google and youtube with taehyung really close to him on google trends.

Overall, I would say Taehyung is the most popular based on my observations on various social media where engagements for Taehyung is consistently higher. Jungkook is a close second. Jimin is at 3rd place,Suga 4th, Jin 5th, Jhope 6th and RM at 7th place.

hmm, I wouldn’t really say Twitter though even though Tae is a close second there. JK barely tweets but he’s often the holder of BTS’ most viral tweets, especially with his Duh and Never Not covers, one of which breached the 3M threshold first.

• lol it's a typical solo stan discussion.

what's the point of all this ? solo fans arguing with each other ?

BTS is most popular everywhere In Korea, Asien , Worldwide .

End of discussion.

(and to make it clear

No one can deny Jimin's popularity in Korea)

• Korea

1. Jimin

2. Jungkook

3. Taehyung

I think it’s obvious that Jimin is really popular in Korea but I don’t know about Jungkook and Taehyung’s place. I think they switch depending on the month/year.

International

1. Jungkook

2. Taehyung

3. Jimin

Same thing as above but with Taehyung and Jimin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!