[BTS CONTENT] Unpopular Opinion: BTS sabotaged their much hyped comeback because of their burnout

• Think about it. Black Swan was THE song that talked about them feeling the burnout/slump they currently feel and that was released in Jan 2020. Pre-Dynamite, pre-Butter, pre-PRD etc. So it's just been delayed because of covid. I think them not touring that year for MOTS even made them feel more depressed.

On one hand, I wish they ended that chapter when they initially wanted to but then on the other side, they would not have released the monster that was Dynamite that is still doing numbers two years after it was released.

Which brings me back to my main point, RM especially but BTS as a whole gave hints that they didn't want a song that would do so well after the overwhelming hype the album received after it was announced on PTD LV day 4. That would have added an unbearable amount of pressure to promote, and beat Dynamite that I think they intentionally made the calculated decision seeing how LGO was perceived to release a slow ballad instead of Run BTS.

So in that sense they killed their own hype for chapter one so hiatus and individualism can take center stage. We keep forgetting that they were thrust into global stardom unexpectedly that the expectations for themselves and their fans never got to be digested slowly because of how kpop's turnover of new music every other 3 months is being churned.

At first I just felt bitterness at their decision to make PROOF, but now I'm glad they made this decision to focus on their own individual happiness, their own individual worth outside BTS. I also kind of in part blame ARMY too because loud majority are OT7 to the extreme and also want them to just always constantly catering to us, myself included but we never thought are they okay? Do they need a break?

Idk, I'm rambling but BTS as a whole know that they can literally release an ASMR track and we would chart it to the top 10 of almost all charts. But they personally have integrity in their craft and trying to find that root, I say take all your time BTS. I will patiently wait when all feel BTS are back on the track they want the band to be and their real fans will see this journey with them until they are ready.

TLDR;

BTS said har har we won't give ARMY a banger to overachieve with so wait that 2/3 years until we will give a comeback that the hype won't be extinguished in a day.

• o hiatus and individualism can take center stage.

yes HYBE please give solos some promotion and a stage.

to be honest RUN bts as title track would be such a hit and I think they knew it but as RM said that they are not in mental state to perform it so its good that they took such risky decisions about their career to make themselves happy.

and I really hope that they would never regret it and they could get that much needed rest and mental peace.

• They weren't trying to sabotage anything.

By releasing the compilation instead of a new album, the hype already cut in half. And YTC was made for this album with the perfect message. It would be weird to lead with Run BTS! There is a song/mood for the right occasion and RunBTS! isn't it.

• What gets me more is Joon saying they didn't want to promote Run BTS because they know ARMY would eat that up in a heartbeat. I do fear we won't get Run BTS live at the concert in Busan because that might eclipse YTC and force them to promote it like Mic Drop was to DNA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!