Concert Woes

• Come on SME. You gotta do better.

All my heartbroken nctzens. Where ya'll at.

The entire NCT 127 USA tour was pure fuckery from the beginning. Back in 2020 NCT 127 was supposed to go on their Neo City: The Awards tour. That tour got axed naturally due to covid being such a hot mess here in the US. We get that.

SME took forever to address fans concerns for almost 2 years over rescheduling etc. We finally get word about the tour resuming under a new name Neo City: The Link. They dropped a hint on August 8th about the concerts coming to the LA and NYC area. All of a sudden August 28th we're told the tour is only coming to 2 cities. LA & NJ. The best part is they gave fans only 2 days notice that tickets would go on sale Monday at 3pm.

It gets worse.

Many fans, like myself included did not get tickets. And why oh why is that? Because ticketmaster allows scalpers to buy up a load of tickets and re-sell them same day within minutes of purchase for I kid you not- between $12k-$1.5k. Ridiculous.

SME really screwed up royally. They mismanaged the entire tour, scrambled for anything and came up with venues much too small for such a hugely popular group like NCT. The NJ concert sold out pretty quickly within less than 35 minutes and as of now I don't think LA goes on sale until 6pm today. Good luck to all my West Coast nctzens.

I'm pissed because I've been a fan since SM Rookies and unfortunately because of life I was never able to go see NCT 127 in the past when they've toured.

On a brighter note I just purchased tickets to see ATEEZ in November! I'm still a baby ATINY but I fell for ATEEZ rather quickly and hard so I'm really pumped that I was able to get really good floor pit GA near the stage.

NCT | GOT7 | EXO | SKZ | MONSTA X | ATEEZ

54d44c822f41356b07fc73824f6d0f72153f5185.gifv

• That was bound to happen considering most Kpop acts touring in the US at the moment have been using Ticketmaster for ticket sales and the scalper issue just keeps on repeating. Expected, but still very disappointing. The prices will go down as we get closer to the concert date though.

Also, they should have added more dates. It's too little for such a big country and NCTzens always show up for concerts.

• That was bound to happen considering most Kpop acts touring in the US at the moment have been using Ticketmaster for ticket sales and the scalper issue just keeps on repeating. Expected, but still very disappointing. The prices will go down as we get closer to the concert date though.

Also, they should have added more dates. It's too little for such a big country and NCTzens always show up for concerts.

That's what I'm hoping for. Re-sold tickets will hopefully go down drastically.

NCT | GOT7 | EXO | SKZ | MONSTA X | ATEEZ

54d44c822f41356b07fc73824f6d0f72153f5185.gifv

• Ticketmaster has pulled resell tickets which means they will have to sell them through other sites or social media which opens up the potential for more scams.

Had they made this announcement before tickets went on sale, maybe resellers wouldn't have bought out half the goddamn venue.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fuck scalpers, man, it happens to all k-pop groups.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• the LA venue is the staples center....what u wanna book? universal studios?

• I’m sorry you didn’t get tickets.

I was able to get tix (alrhough I thought I wasn’t when it seemed to sell out 15 mins in) but today’s concert sales were definitely a shitshow - poorly handled and arranged. It doesn’t even make sense - SM has always been about making more money, yet they bungled an opportunity to have a large tour with multiple nights at the key cities. Like what’s the point of investing time and money marketing the group to the US and building an American fanbase if you’re then not going to bother to see them on a tour.

But then this is SM, which has a track record of bungling when it comes to their big groups and touring/promotions. I can help but feel this is Deja vu of the way they treated EXO where they just stopped capitalizing on opportunities.

Only this somehow is even crazier because they’ve been targeting this market since jump. They continue to create content and promos in English to the American market but… :pepe-pitchfork:

The Staples Center is the right venue in LA, but it should have been more than one night, particularly if they’re not playing the Bay Area. Usually tours - especially Kpop tours - do both. Shit, SuperM did the Bay and LA and San Diego.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!