With Twice potentially making one comeback a year, I hope JYPE will put more effort into picking their title tracks

• 2019 was Twice's last year for consistently good title tracks. Since then their title tracks have been pretty weak, with the strongest ones being I Can't Stop Me and Talk That Talk. If Twice take a step back for solo activities and only release comebacks once a year, I hope JYPE will use that time to pick better title tracks.

• Daileemidzy

Changed the title of the thread from “With Twice potentially making one comeback a year in the future, I hope JYPE will put more effort into picking their title tracks” to “With Twice potentially making one comeback a year, I hope JYPE will put more effort into picking their title tracks”.
  • I rather say we will get sub-units, and more solos exacly to fill that time

but still somehow I think they will release at least two MV's as full group per year

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• More and More, Scientist and Alcohol Free exist omg. You picked literally their worst title tracks since 2019 lol.

But i do agree that one release a year should make it easier to pick the top songs.

I like these songs but from a production standpoint, I Can't Stop Me and Talk That Talk are stronger songs. Hence why thier well-liked by a majority of people, even non-fans.

• I'm not ready to have only one Twice comeback a year...

But if it comes with one Japanese, and one English comeback (since they depend from different agencies kind of), then :eyes:

I'm honestly so impressed with the b-sides that it got me wondering.

Which part of the comeback process is the hardest? Coming up with the song? Filming the video? Coming up with the choreo? The promotions?

I'm picturing a hypothetic scenario where B1&2 was not a large album but instead TTT is just the title track and maybe 1-2 song as bside, released as a singles album.

3 months later release Queen of Hearts as the title track and 1-2 bsides as a singles album.

3 months later release Brave/Basics as the title track and 1-2 bsides as a singles album.

etc.

I wonder if its significantly more work doing it this way? Because these bsides can easily be title tracks for some groups if you just slap a MV on it and promote it.

It'll still give the illusion of frequent comeback with only a fraction of the work.

• I actually thought Scientist was a good song. I'm happy with the amount of comebacks they have and this one was definitely worth the wait. TTT and album especially good. They have so many quality B sides.

• No, filming a MV, learning more choreos & doing the promotion is much more work than just recording and adding it to the album. For Twice, their managers, and the Division 3.

(Unless you consider those songs would entirely replace the next 2 potential comebacks of 2023, but since you came up with the every 3 months scenario it is not the case)

The production of the songs is outsourced, from different producers and lyricists. It doesn't make much difference for them, because they are different people, and the songs might have been done for months/years before JYPE bought them for Twice. It doesn't really count as their own effort (JYPE & Twice's, I mean) except for the songs Twice/JYP(E) participated in, but that side of the matter is "randomized"

Choreo is also mostly outsourced, and it takes Twice only 1-2 days to memorize it in order to validate it but they still have to practice it many more times in order to perfect the final performance

There is also the process to choose the concept for the album/MV which can take some time

Then comes the MV, which can take from 1-2 days to 1 week (according to Nayeon latest saying, for two weeks they only did MV filming for Celebrate & TTT if I read it right). Even if an outside company is tasked with the realization (such as Naive) it's Div3 who has to work on the set & plot ideas, costumes,..

Promotion (in Korea) takes a lot of time, you need to go back and forth between different building and companies to record something during half to a whole day (most of the time it takes the whole day), it's not like staying at JYPE and being able to switch the timetable between recording, practicing etc. Then you have the 1-2-3 weeks of Live broadcast

Meanwhile practicing then recording a song would be done in specific timeslots in-between their time at JYPE. And overall for 1 song, collecting all the members parts nicely should take a day at most unless something goes wrong

So yeah doing it your way would mean putting in much more efforts and work in my opinion, and I think it would affect the sales on the long term too

• Ah then it make sense then, I kept feeling like Queen of Hearts coulda been used as a TT and is "wasted" as a bside but then as you said, by that time, they could have came up with another track just as good + a buncha great b-sides as well.

I'm quite impressed then with how frequently Twice comesback and the amount of quality track they get each each time.

• It's personally what I what so we can get more solo music, acting gigs, modeling, and variety show jobs without Twice getting overworked.

Twice don't collectively have a future in solo music. You're basically just asking for less Twice and more Nayeon & possibly Jihyo. No bueno. None of them are actresses either, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

If you think their most recent title track is one of their stronger ones, I just don't see the point in harping about the quality of their title tracks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!