Twice didn't realized all members renewed until right before official announcement

• So every member made her own decision. That's good. No pressure. If they were together during the renewals and one said yes while the other was unsure, it could have pressurized the other to renew as well.

Another reason why TWICE are together for so long is because all members have similar goals and energy. And are still very interested in making music. That's very rare tbh. Most groups have different goals when they reach 7 years and hence, they end up disbanding.

• "Twice's 11th mini album reach 1 million pre-order"

Guess what do you think immediately when you hear this news?

The impressive part is not the "1 million pre-order" but it is the fact it is their "11TH MINI ALBUM"

There were 3-5 girl groups that are million sellers but how many of them can brag about having 11TH MINI ALBUM????

May Twice continue as long as they all want

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• So they all may have ended up with vastly different contracts as it doesn't feel like collective bargaining power played a big part here at all. I would have felt that was their biggest pull so I'm surprised at that. If you're JYPE divide and conquering individually is probably a better route as well I guess.

• So they all may have ended up with vastly different contracts as it doesn't feel like collective bargaining power played a big part here at all. I would have felt that was their biggest pull so I'm surprised at that. If you're JYPE divide and conquering individually is probably a better route as well I guess.

This the better way to go for the members. At this point in life, they all should have a better idea of what they want out of their life and career. The fact they all renewed means JYPE offered them favorable terms individually, so membes who want music hopefully get music. Those who want to do other things hopefully will have that. Most importantly, there was no one feeling pressure thst they have to renew whether they chose to renew.

• This the better way to go for the members. At this point in life, they all should have a better idea of what they want out of their life and career. The fact they all renewed means JYPE offered them favorable terms individually, so membes who want music hopefully get music. Those who want to do other things hopefully will have that. Most importantly, there was no one feeling pressure thst they have to renew whether they chose to renew.

I can see both sides to this - 1) They can negotiate what they feel they're worth so a positive 2) JYPE can play off their individual situations and individually the worth of the members is not the same when taken out of the collective position of Twice, so the members negotiating power is worse. So there might be a feeling of needing to stick with JYPE.

• i wonder why they didnt discuss it with each other....if i was a member of twice i'd be really curious and asking the members how they feel etc?

I think they are just talking about the final signature. They were given the contract and then each member had to decide whether to sign. Because it doesn't make sense that member wouldn't even discuss it with each other.

• ... do they not talk to each other? Like, how does this happen? :/

But they want to try NEW STYLES OF MUSIC AND CONCEPTS! Did everyone in the back hear that? ยฌโ€ฟยฌ

So they all may have ended up with vastly different contracts as it doesn't feel like collective bargaining power played a big part here at all. I would have felt that was their biggest pull so I'm surprised at that. If you're JYPE divide and conquering individually is probably a better route as well I guess.

It wouldn't surprise me. JYPE definitely have their favorites. Their contracts are probably all the same length, for simplicity's sake, but there's no telling what they were offered beyond that.

• I can see both sides to this - 1) They can negotiate what they feel they're worth so a positive 2) JYPE can play off their individual situations and individually the worth of the members is not the same when taken out of the collective position of Twice, so the members negotiating power is worse. So there might be a feeling of needing to stick with JYPE.

Agree, I can definitely see the pros and cons of each depending on how you look at it.

I was trying to highlight the blind nature of this. The value of each individual contract completely changes if even 1 member did not renew. All the sudden what they thought was another 5 year with 9 people could be stuck 5 years with 7ppl, 8ppl...

• i wonder why they didnt discuss it with each other....if i was a member of twice i'd be really curious and asking the members how they feel etc?

Professionalism.

I've been with my coworkers for many years and if I'm planning to quit, I wouldn't tell them about it until the day of. Likewise, even the contract terms, when we have annual performance reviews, we don't discuss our raise or pay with each other.

• The value of each individual contract completely changes if even 1 member did not renew.

This^

Like imagine only 4 members end up renewing, like there is no Twice at this point, what would they even do with these members? As I said they are either talking about final signature, or it is just a mediaplay

• this is actually good

because it means all members could make their own decision

without being pressured by company or by other members

<3

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So every member made her own decision. That's good. No pressure. If they were together during the renewals and one said yes while the other was unsure, it could have pressurized the other to renew as well.

Another reason why TWICE are together for so long is because all members have similar goals and energy. And are still very interested in making music. That's very rare tbh. Most groups have different goals when they reach 7 years and hence, they end up disbanding.

You can tell that Twice genuinely have a great bond and understanding between them. As well as their music, their chemistry is one of the things that make them special.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!