Groups don't need to have diverse music/ change concepts.

• People keep complaining that Pink Venom is too similar to other BP songs and it is, especially when you consider all of their title tracks are made by the same guy. Generally, they all follow the same formula, Jennie raps then Lisa the Rose/Jisoo then the rap again then Rose/Jisoo switch places. And guess what? I like it. If it's not broken why fix it?

Even with Twice, people constantly complain about how they have the cutesy concept every time. But guess what? That's their concept. There is nothing wrong with groups having their own style and sticking to it, I like knowing what I'm getting.

Dreamcatcher and Aepsa are all anime opening songs, Blackpink is girl crush, Twice is cute, etc. Yeah, we have some groups like Gidle who change it up every time and that's nice too.

Just because a group sticks to their concept doesn't mean they are any less talented or skilled. Can you imagine how weird it would be if Twice released Pink Venom and Blackpink released Scientist? It would be bizarre. It's so funny to me because I'm an artist and in art, we focus so much on finding our own art style and then sticking to it.

In film as well, look at Wes Anderson all his films are extremely similar, you can spot a Wes Anderson or Tim Burton movie a mile away. No one says they're less talented cuz they don't do different stuff.

• They don't have to

I just tend to be more interested in groups who change things up

It's a preference, if a group is not doing it I just move on

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• about this thread. I just want to point out that Twice make this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i agree. If it is their signature sound already then im sure thats all their fans really want to hear

My only gripe is that everyone else follows their sound too.

• well, disagree

I don't want songs to be replacable in my playlist by 10 others that sound exactly the same by the same artist.

I appreciate my favourite artists challenging themselves and allowing themselves to go with new trends and old styles.

I want my faves to develop their style and age with me.

I want to appreciate their comebacks and songs and not think "well, I am so happy they stayed safe and did not change a thing".

Not switching up concepts also gives the horrible "this is really just nothing but a cashgrab" feeling...

• This is Kpop, groups are made by companies to sell music and make a profit. I can't believe people are being pretentious and talking about artistry and life changing lyrics just so they can say their faves are better. The goal is to make you dance and sell albums, nothing more.

Please cry more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!