TW: Indian teacher threathens to hit a girl over BTS

• The gist of the situation from what I got was in a livestream where people mention all kinds of random shit, including marry me or curse words. He zeroed in on a word....BTS and went off. I get that its wrong to mention bts in a livestream but holy shit this is extremely innappropriate. I'm not even an ARMY but some entitlement and confidence with which Indian men deliver threats against women is scary.

Edit: Some people are saying she didn't even comment about bts it's just her user id was bts fan....man this is so weirddd.

What I wanted to post as an article, incase it doesn't get posted.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's disheartening to see support for such behaviour in incelcore communities like reddit. This backlash against teenage girls and their hobbies are nothing new unfortunately but mixed with India's misogynistic echochambers, it's extremely alarming.

It's truly a shame that prejudice against women is so deeply entrentched in "meme culture" in India that they forget their humanity for internet brownie points from strangers. 

In a country who's toxic sports fan culture has made several rounds, an incident like this is seen as a pathetic victory against a imaginary caricature of a "teenage girl" that doesn't exist. This brings us to the question would they have cheered if a football or cricket related user name was called out?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w…fans-fandom-toxic-ipl-t20

• THIS BITCH....

This is so infuriating. Who tf this guy think he is?

It's just music at the end of the day.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Corporal punishments and censure verging on abuse is pretty common in Indian schools or by parents.

And the teacher is correct, the girl(s?) got away only with verbal attack, had it been a boy it would have been physical.

The first question should however be,

"what was the girl doing in the classroom, for her to earn this scolding?"

Something related to BTS, I would suppose.

Could the teacher have handled it better?

Of course.

But I don't think just because it is associated with 'BTS', a big deal needs to be made of it.

Another classroom, it could have been some Cricket Star or a Movie star - obsession over such things hampering studies, is always a concern for parents and teachers.

It is best left to the parents, the student and the teacher.

Otherwise it would look like SM is out to protect BTS and not the student.

• I saw a news report.

That it was an online class and the girls were discussing BTS in the comment section, meant for subject discussion.

But I think AKP folk should consider some context.

1. If the report was true then the student was at fault.

2. From what I know of Indian education ethos, BTS was merely incidental, it could have been the same had it been any celebrity or sportstar.

3. Threats or actual corporal punishments are not uncommon in Indian schools - girls get away with threats, boys actually would get physical beatings.

4. Parents would mostly support the teachers, particularly if their children were at fault - as in this case.

Of course, I still think that the teacher should have handled it in a better way, than going on this rant.

But folks are funny to read too much about this - BTS, incel and what else.

If Korean school bullying is not enough of an issue, to bring Indian schooling into Kpop discussions- all because BTS (or some other act) is involved is funny.

Edit: Did not realize that I had already posted on it. But it was before I read the news report. Did not change my opinion much.

• The teacher has responded, agreed that he should have handled that mistake of the student better.

And correctly points out the girls mistake and his concerns

But thosec who thought it was only because of BTS or that any event where BTS/ARMY is involved, even accidently, is because the other party feels threatened by BTS, are utter clowns who themselves could do with some counseling.

//

Yahoo News: Teacher in India apologizes after video of him threatening to beat student over her BTS fandom goes viral.

Teacher in India apologizes after video of him threatening to beat student over her BTS fandom goes viral
    A video of a teacher in India went viral for showing his aggressive verbal tirade toward a BTS fan. Siddhartha Mishra, a teacher from the online education…
    news.yahoo.com

//

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!