COULD BTS TOUR NEXT YEAR?

• From the BBC News Agency

BTS could perform while doing military service

• Published

2 August

BTSIMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES

Military service may not prevent BTS from performing, the South Korean defence minister has said.

Normally, all men in the country must serve in the military between the ages of 18 and 28, for about 20 months.

In 2020, exceptions were made for BTS members to delay their service until they were 30.

With the oldest member of the K-pop band, Jin, turning 30 next year, the issue has come into focus in South Korea.

There is parliamentary debate in the country over shortening service to three weeks.

And speaking about BTS, minister Lee Jong-sup said: "There would be a way to give them a chance to practice and perform together."

• I don't think so... It seems everything was already planned for their solos and other activities.

But anything can happen! :pepe-shrug:

We'll see how the Busan concert goes!

They are the biggest money making touring group there is. Their live shows are so special

• Not a full tour but they might perform here and there

tours are exhausting and will be difficult along with solo activities

Agree.

Also a full tour means they have to release a full album and it will take them 1 year to complete it.

IMG_20220813_020523.jpg

Oceania, South America and the rest of Asia wasn't even announced yet. They won't be able to promote as solo artist with this schedule.

I like this idea like LA and LV. Doing 4 shows maybe New York, London, Sydney

Something similar to the PTD concerts? We'll see because I think they have already planned other activities for next year.

• Negative. But would've been nice to see BTS break Taylor Swift's record of having 3M attendance with 330M revenue in a standalone year of touring. MOTS7 supposedly have 39 stops and that was pre-Dynamite/Butter era that doubled their fanbase. Also, more people are now thirsty for concerts due to pandemic. A 60-65 full stadium stops is enough to break & surpass the record (which they would if they'll tour). They can even generate 500M USD if we count the multiple concert & cinema live viewing.

Would've also been nice to see BTS touring in India cause I don't see many artists performing there (which is mostly likely to happen cause they were supposed to go there in 2020 same in Australia). It's impossible that these can happen in the near future due to enlistment. Unless, they all go in 2 or 3 subunits and comeback in 2025.

HYBE already said in April that they can't plan anything else regarding BTS due to their situation. One thing I feel bad about boygroups is overcoming the hurdles of enlistment. But it is what it is. Hopefully, a miracle happens and they can do a World Tour. I miss the 2019 era of a normal album drop then a tour.

Edited once, last by call-911 ().

• Negative. But would've been nice to see BTS break Taylor Swift's record of having 3M attendance with 330M revenue in a standalone year of touring. MOTS7 supposedly have 39 stops and that was pre-Dynamite/Butter era that doubled their fanbase. Also, more people are now thirsty for concerts due to pandemic. A 60-65 full stadium stops is enough to break & surpass the record with multiple online & cinema viewing.

Would've also been nice to see BTS touring in India cause I don't see many artists performing there (which is mostly likely to happen cause they were supposed to go there in 2020 same in Australia). It's impossible that these can happen in the near future due to enlistment. Unless, they all go in 2 or 3 subunits and comeback in 2025.

HYBE already said in April that they can't plan anything else regarding BTS due to their situation. One thing I feel bad about boygroups is overcoming the hurdles of enlistment. But it is what it is. Hopefully, a miracle happens and they can do a World Tour. I miss the 2019 era of a normal album drop then a tour.

Namjoon confirmed that Mumbai was one of their planned stops in MoTS7

• Negative. But would've been nice to see BTS break Taylor Swift's record of having 3M attendance with 330M revenue in a standalone year of touring. MOTS7 supposedly have 39 stops and that was pre-Dynamite/Butter era that doubled their fanbase. Also, more people are now thirsty for concerts due to pandemic. A 60-65 full stadium stops is enough to break & surpass the record with multiple online & cinema viewing.

I am hoping this situation gets resolved. It seems that some government dude was open to BTS enlistment being an open door of some sort allowing them to schedule oversea commitments

• Seems unlikely, the Korean military official said BTS would be allowed to tour only if it helps the government, not to profit.

You don’t think SK has corrupt enough politicians who would cut a deal and line their pockets with BTS money? I think behind the scenes they are always looking to share in the wealth that BTS generates.

• We aren’t but money speaks louder. If SK government can profit by allowing BTS to do oversea performances I think they would welcome the great influx of cash BTS generates

Then next they will fight on which pocket the money should comes into, military dept or tourism dept and in the end they will maintain status quo because they can't come to an agreement...

:pepe-just-smile:

• 210907 South Korea National Pension Fund Has Significant Gains With Their Investment In HYBE By Increasing Their Initial Investment 27M To 240M, BTS Impact

The government is already heavily invested in BTS

• I'm not expecting anything BTS as a group till 2025 to be blunt. I would preferably want to get a shock of getting something before that than keeping expectations....

BTS members themselves said in the 'FESTA Dinner 2022' video that they want to try some new things, re-energize themselves and then come back as a group with new foresights. It wasn't dependent on this military thing. So yeah not expecting anything. I'm patient enough to wait for as long as possible.....

• I personally think they’ll do solo tours! Yoongi has mentioned the possibility of doing solo tours, Jungkook has expressed his desire of having solo concerts since weverse interview in 2020. I think several group concerts are plausible but imo they’ll chase solo tours first?

• imagine a tour with military uniforms :pepelove1:

Like this :love:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• imagine a tour with military uniforms :pepelove1:

Or this

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Like this :love:

Thank you for posting the superior DNA remix

• I miss the 2019 era of a normal album drop then a tour.

Thank you. That's exactly what I think but I get called selfish and non supportive. :pepefacepalm: I was really disappointed after these 2 years getting nothing of the sort. I wasn't expecting them to stay "together" much longer due to enlistment (although I was hoping for an exemption) but at least a world tour before 2024...

I also got sad we got PTD concerts instead of the wonderful MOTS setlist.

• Thank you. That's exactly what I think but I get called selfish and non supportive. :pepefacepalm: I was really disappointed after these 2 years getting nothing of the sort. I wasn't expecting them to stay "together" much longer due to enlistment (although I was hoping for an exemption) but at least a world tour before 2024...

I also got sad we got PTD concerts instead of the wonderful MOTS setlist.

Yes. Just a thought. They could've started their world tour in November last year until Oct this year. PTD shouldn't have happened but atleast a World tour before going on hiatus and sending the two members in the military.

Not being 'ungrateful' or 'selfish' fan, but this is the weirdest hiatus or goodbye announcement that ever happened. Cause usually, groups drop a new album or drop some dates before enlistment.

Yeah, maybe they are just too tired to do a world tour or something. I just can't help but to be dismay cause they only visited US during PTD and so many countries were left out. And God knows how long they can tour as ot7 again.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!